Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2002 12:33:52 PM EDT
Just overheard on today's show (I paraphrase):

[b]I think all women should learn to shoot and some should carry a gun.  In some places they are allowed to, and I'm thinking about moving.[/b]

[8D]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 12:35:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Holy shit!!  I thought she was a liberal cunt!!

maybe she's grown a brain and found some common sense!

Link Posted: 8/2/2002 12:38:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 12:43:39 PM EDT
[#3]
She WAS an anti.

What changed her mind?  Exposure.  Someone took her out for a training day at the range, and she not only found she enjoyed it, but found it a good idea for other people to know to do.  

Dr. Laura saw the value in shooting once she was exposed to it - directly.

My last question - in what does she hold her doctorate(s)?

FFZ
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 12:50:36 PM EDT
[#4]
i new there was hope for her!
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 12:50:38 PM EDT
[#5]
doctorate in posing nekkid and being a stone cold witch
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 12:53:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

How the hell can a trained therapist solve all your problems in 30 sec across the radio.
View Quote

This may surprise you, she's NOT a trained therapist, the's a Nutritionist! The Dr. is only there because she went to med school to become a damn Nutritionist.

"Dr." Laura[heavy]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 12:55:31 PM EDT
[#7]
From her column in the New York Times, on 9/14/99.  [url]http://www.gunowners.org/hs9925.htm[/url]

Explains her change of heart.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 12:57:03 PM EDT
[#8]
From her website:
EDUCATION

BS, Biological Sciences, SUNY Stonybrook, Long Island, NY

MS, M Phil, Ph.D. (Physiology), Columbia University (College of Physicians and Surgeons), NY

Post-Doctoral Certification in Marriage, Family and Child Counseling, Human Relations Center, University of Southern California, Los Angeles

Licensed Marriage, Family and Child Counselor (MFCC), California, formerly in private practice for 12 years

Past member of the Biological Sciences faculty of the University of Southern California (five years) and the graduate Psychology faculty of Pepperdine University (eight years)
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 2:06:21 PM EDT
[#9]
sometimes i think this is the 2nd greatest place on earth.  and then some of you pull this shit.

you bitch that there aren't enough women into the shooting sports and firearms and then when someone (who by the way is in a position to open the eyes of millions of women to our side) changes her mind and joins our ranks, you piss and moan that she's too opinionated or you've got a problem with her degree and chosen course of work.  [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 2:14:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
sometimes i think this is the 2nd greatest place on earth.  and then some of you pull this shit.

you bitch that there aren't enough women into the shooting sports and firearms and then when someone (who by the way is in a position to open the eyes of millions of women to our side) changes her mind and joins our ranks, you piss and moan that she's too opinionated or you've got a problem with her degree and chosen course of work.  [rolleyes]
View Quote

Yep, sad isn't it?  I'm for anyone who stresses the concept of personal responsibility in this age of "It's not my fault" bs.  She looked at the issue objectively and realized her previous anti-gun position was wrong.  Sounds like a success story to me!

Link Posted: 8/2/2002 2:28:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 2:57:24 PM EDT
[#12]
[b]"I think all women should learn to shoot and some should carry a gun. In some places they are allowed to, and I'm thinking about moving.[/b]

I want to blow chunks every time I hear this woman's radio show trailers.

This statement on the otherhand, is a pleasant
surprise.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 3:03:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I agree,

I don't care what her degree is in.Lots of the stuff she talks about makes sense to me.She does advocate getting off the pitty-pot and moving on with your life instead of lying around blaming everyone else for your problems,kinda refreshing.I get tired of listening too her cause they're are so many dumb asses out there with stale,stupid questions.

I think its kind of a nice story that she could intelligently look at the gun issue and admit a change.I don't really see it that often in the media.Do you?

As I see it, the only problem she has is that bush.She needs to trim it.[:D]If you saw the pictures mentioned above you'd know what I was talking about.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 3:05:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 3:05:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hey, there's room for both feelings here.

Kudos for her and her newly found stance on firearms....sounds great to me.

As for what I've heard from her regarding various other issues, I don't care for her at all. Self rightious crap in my opinion.

See, you don't have to like everything about everyone and still have a valid opinion. Class dismissed.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 3:07:42 PM EDT
[#16]
I actually listen too her. She does give good advice in alot of the situations she is presented. She advocates personal responsibility and common sense in a world where there is very little. I cant believe some of the things people call her about!!I just wanna punch them in the head!
BrenLover
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 3:14:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Anybody that says she is a liberal is uninformed and shows it.  Pro family, pro gun, pro religion, pro personal responsibility, among other hallmarks of conservatism.  

Link Posted: 8/2/2002 3:19:02 PM EDT
[#18]
I hold Dr. Laura in similar high esteem with Ann Coulter.

With all the media liberals like Oprah, Sally Jessie, Ann Landers et al out there drooling liberal Bravo Sierra, having a female voice on our side is significant.

Soccer Moms aren't going to listen to Rush, G. Gordon, Savage etc, but they might get an innoculation of personal responsibility from Dr. Laura.

Edited to add I wish we could get Rush as strongly on our side.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 3:32:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
[b]I think all women should learn to shoot and some should carry a gun.  In some places they are allowed to, and I'm thinking about moving.[/b]
View Quote

That makes her OK in my book.  I'm going to go email her to tell her that she is great.

[50]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 3:38:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

As for what I've heard from her regarding various other issues, I don't care for her at all. Self rightious crap in my opinion.

See, you don't have to like everything about everyone and still have a valid opinion. Class dismissed.
View Quote

Exactly!

Just because she is suddenly pro gun (and I'm glad she is, and talks about it), doesn't mean that she isn't an annoying whiny bitch.

Just hearing her voice to me is like nails down a chalkboard.

Link Posted: 8/2/2002 3:40:06 PM EDT
[#21]
She is a big name and now pro gun, good and glad it happened.  The shooting sports need all the pro gun people it can muster.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 3:41:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

My last question - in what does she hold her doctorate(s)?

FFZ
View Quote

She IS staunchly conservative, but her doctorate is in Physiology. She's not even a real shrink, although she has counselled professionally.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 4:06:27 PM EDT
[#23]
As was said before, She does stand for What Many of Us hold dear. Has She always been this way? Probably not, but Who here can say that They had always thought, acted, lived, and said what was exactly correct, truthful, or just plain right?   Kind of "Let He who is without sin, cast the first stone!"(Now where have I herd that before??!) So, Maybe She wasn't always the best person, We all can change for the better, can't We? But, I'd say she's helping a lot more than the rest of the Crapshow hosts out there now.

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 7:24:31 PM EDT
[#24]
I knew Dr. Laura in 1977-78.  I'll say this about her; she had the loveliest tush this side of the Alleghenies. Nice face too.
She sat in my lap once and I wasn't the same for a month.

marsh
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 7:26:55 PM EDT
[#25]
I liked the nude pics of her.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 7:32:38 PM EDT
[#26]
I cant believe some of you people.  This woman was at one time a anti.  Then someone teaches her differently and she becomes one of us.  We, I know I do, spend allot of time trying to convert the anti's.  Why would you get all pissed off and call her names.  She just stated on a national radio program that she is for guns.  What do you want?  Some people are never happy and should just stay in their holes.  We are NEVER going to win with attitudes like that!

By the way, I heard the same statement on her show today.  I couldnt have been happier to hear someone on national radio say that!!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 8:35:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Im a regular listener to the Dr. Laura show, and I was pretty damn impressed when she said that she thinks 'all women should learn how to shoot and some should carry a gun' on tonite's show. You go girl! [;)]
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 11:35:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

Exactly!

Just because she is suddenly pro gun (and I'm glad she is, and talks about it), doesn't mean that she isn't an annoying whiny bitch.

Just hearing her voice to me is like nails down a chalkboard.
View Quote

there's no 'exactly!' to it.  i'm pretty sure there's no 'suddenly' to it either.

the point i was trying to make is that some of you will find anything [b]just for the sake of pissing on someone[/b] with little regard to anything else.  not to mention that every time you find something "wrong" with her, it sounds like your attempting to discredit or otherwise minimize her views on RKBA.  "yeah, well, she's this....." or "but she's still....."

my guess is you would have hated her thinking she was an anti (that being the only reason you'd give).  but when faced with the truth that such is not the case, you must suddenly come up with yet another reason to find fault with her, to find an excuse to hate her.

she doesn't whine, either.  all the times i've listened to her show, i've never heard her whine.  sure she complains about the choices people make and the state, but don't we do the exact same thing on this website?

as for her voice...if that's all you have to complain about, you're either a) a very shallow man, b) grasping for straws, or c) all of the above.

Link Posted: 8/4/2002 1:38:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
there's no 'exactly!' to it.  i'm pretty sure there's no 'suddenly' to it either.

the point i was trying to make is that some of you will find anything [b]just for the sake of pissing on someone[/b] with little regard to anything else.  not to mention that every time you find something "wrong" with her, it sounds like your attempting to discredit or otherwise minimize her views on RKBA.  "yeah, well, she's this....." or "but she's still....."

my guess is you would have hated her thinking she was an anti (that being the only reason you'd give).  but when faced with the truth that such is not the case, you must suddenly come up with yet another reason to find fault with her, to find an excuse to hate her.

she doesn't whine, either.  all the times i've listened to her show, i've never heard her whine.  sure she complains about the choices people make and the state, but don't we do the exact same thing on this website?

as for her voice...if that's all you have to complain about, you're either a) a very shallow man, b) grasping for straws, or c) all of the above.
View Quote

ARLady...
Let me tell [i]you[/i]  what [i]I[/i]  think, k....not the other way around, since you don't know me and have nothing better to grumble about than simply a guess you've made. Not real solid ground if the truth interests you.

Frankly, I never knew she had a position on the RKBA, one way or another. My opinions regarding her have little to do with that. I think it's great that there's a side of her that supports RKBA. I also think there's plenty about her that is god damn annoying.

I support the RKBA and applaud anyone who feels the same, however there are MANY components that make an individual up, and most have nothing to do with gun rights. Allow me to form an opinion regarding others, even if you don't share them....it's called freedom. Freedom to agree, freedom to disagree.

I know for some, leaping to the most negative conclusion is as natural as exhaling your next breath of air, but try to resist the temptation. While your busy assuming the worst, you happen to be the least in touch with what the truth actually is. Be a little less condescending, and you might afford yourself a more realistic view of things.

I like her position on gun rights.

I don't like her.

If you care to [i]know[/i]  why that is, feel free to ask. Otherwise, it's you who are grasping at straws.

Link Posted: 8/4/2002 4:48:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Can we get back to the naked pictures?
Who's got a link?
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 5:54:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Dr Laura can be irritating, but I usually agree with her. What I want to know is - Why do people call in to her show? Pick any topic you want. I can tell you what she thinks about it. I have never heard anyone call her show that 1) I did not know what she would say, 2) The caller had no clue what they should do in this situation, and 3) more importantly, the caller had no idea what Dr Laura would tell them to do.

Ok, maybe once or twice, but yeesh. Like I said, I usually agree with her, but anyone who calls her show needs help, because they are demonstrating some kind of desire to be slapped around - they must enjoy it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 5:55:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 6:13:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep, sad isn't it?  I'm for anyone who stresses the concept of personal responsibility in this age of "It's not my fault" bs.  She looked at the issue objectively and realized her previous anti-gun position was wrong.  Sounds like a success story to me!

View Quote

Yep, gotta agree, she pulls no punch's, tells it like it is for the most part. There's a few here that would do well to give her a listen once in a while. (YOU know who you are)
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 6:21:33 PM EDT
[#34]
I love Dr. Laura..

I drive quite a bit for my job and listen quite often..

I think she is the greatest.

Sure I get ticked off about all the religion crap she spouts...HOWEVER I do not care what her reasoning is....She is right on!!..

Now go out and DO THE RIGHT THING!!
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 6:49:47 PM EDT
[#35]
LMAO
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 7:18:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Her voice is positively hypnotic.
She could pillow talk me to death.
I have fantasies of Dr. Laura talking to me in the dark, naked...[;D]
HEY!  Where's the link to the pictures?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top