Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2012 10:30:59 AM EDT
What gun related item should we be hording in the event of another Obama Administration?

Rifles of military caliber

Rifles of hunting caliber

Handguns

Large capacity handgun magazines

Large capacity rifle magazines

Centerfire ammunition

AR Lowers

FN, G3, or comparible receivers

AK receiver flats

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 10:31:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 10:32:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Yup
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 10:32:45 AM EDT
[#3]
All of it

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 10:33:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Obama couldn't win a gun question.  He doesn't know shit about them!
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 10:33:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yes

First post wins again.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 10:33:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yes

FPNI
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 10:33:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yes

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 10:34:15 AM EDT
[#8]

is HE the threat?

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 10:34:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Whatever you get can become gold, no matter the style or caliber.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 10:35:42 AM EDT
[#10]
what did you run out of last time? If you're planning on stocking up & selling at the "market
price", that's capitialism, but be prepared to be called a gouger. [see all the old CTD threads]

You can't eat guns, ect,,,so I'd seriously look at other preps; food, garden, overall health, ect.

Too many guys here only look at one aspect of a "change" in normal life.  YMMV,,,,,
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 10:35:53 AM EDT
[#11]
I've always thought that the worst thing coming out of an Obama presidency was a reinstatement of the 94' ban, then we'd be lucky.  If we got rid of him next month, I'd be amazed that our 2A rights were untouched.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 10:36:39 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

what did you run out of last time? If you're planning on stocking up & selling at the "market

price", that's capitialism, but be prepared to be called a gouger. [see all the old CTD threads]

You can't eat guns, ect,,,so I'd seriously look at other preps; food, garden, overall health, ect.

Too many guys here only look at one aspect of a "change" in normal life. YMMV,,,,,

Not everyone buys guns for the apocalypse.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 10:42:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yes

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 10:44:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Get em all, you know ARFCOM rules
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 10:46:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Shoot. I should have said "Which one of these things is a decent buy now?"

I can't believe how expensive ammo still is.  I can remember buying cases of .223 and 7.62 as a college kid working as a security guard.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 10:46:59 AM EDT
[#16]
All of the above.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 10:47:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 10:47:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What gun related item should we be hording in the event of another Obama Administration?

this thought came into mind four weeks before the election?

really?

ar-jedi

ETA: i waited 19 seconds too long to post this!  
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 10:49:11 AM EDT
[#19]
AR lowers would be the cheapest to hoard and store away.

I might also suggest a few copies of CNC programs so that you can make lowers an internal parts, or provide others with the ability to do so.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 10:51:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Why would you have waited till now?  

The time to buy has passed.  If he wins it will be time to sell.

Buy low, sell high.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 10:52:26 AM EDT
[#21]
I don't believe an new AWB would mirror the last one. Therefore, really if BHO wins you'll want to stock-up on anything you haven't already stocked up on frankly.

If the left had it their way you couldn't own any firearms or ammunition. Hell, if the left had it their way you couldn't even own a BB gun or play violent computer games plus you'd have to wear a bra every day outside your clothes while appologizing to everyone for the crimes of your nation.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 10:53:52 AM EDT
[#22]
all of the above, and than some
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 11:03:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Because not everyone has the disposable income to drop into "ZOMG THE SKY IS FALLING BAN BAN BAN" fund that others do?

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 11:07:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I don't believe an new AWB would mirror the last one. Therefore, really if BHO wins you'll want to stock-up on anything you haven't already stocked up on frankly.

If it does, a pile of stripped lowers may not be worth much. IIRC, for a AW to be legally pre-ban, it needed to be assembled into a complete firearm before the 1994 ban took effect. The question is how will they tell? If you bought 20 lowers today, but can't show proof of buying any uppers you may have a problem. It was uppers that were hard to get in 2008, or barrels to be more specific.

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 11:19:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it does, a pile of stripped lowers may not be worth much. IIRC, for a AW to be legally pre-ban, it needed to be assembled into a complete firearm before the 1994 ban took effect. The question is how will they tell? If you bought 20 lowers today, but can't show proof of buying any uppers you may have a problem. It was uppers that were hard to get in 2008, or barrels to be more specific.

I don't think they would ever be able to tell.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 11:21:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Ammo. Obama can use the EPA as an end run to place REGULATIONS on ammo that could cause prices to skyrocket.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 11:28:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Its assholes who wait until an election that cause prices to surge.  Really if you think the country is going in the shitter depending on which president alone gets elected you're naive.  Still, sad as it may seem people keep doing it every election.

You judge a storm by looking at what's on the radar, not waiting until a tornado is ripping your house from this earth to prepare.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 11:35:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Ammo. Obama can use the EPA as an end run to place REGULATIONS on ammo that could cause prices to skyrocket.

There are lead free primers and solid copper projectiles on the market already, so I would expect any supply or price issues to be temporary.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 11:35:54 AM EDT
[#29]
I'd make sure you're getting enough exercise, eating a balanced diet with plenty of water, and avoiding stress when possible.  Also, make sure to get enough sleep. These things will prepare you for the real battle.

Acting like the sky is falling and walking around enraged/paranoid all the time, especially if you lose sight of your overall health picture,  prepare you to lose that battle.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 11:40:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Primary Arms has a sale on 30 black teflon mags for $8.50/ea.  Limit 10.  Not bad.

https://www.primaryarms.com/Black_Teflon_30rd_AR15_M16_w_MAGPUL_Follow_p/ma-02dsgb.htm
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 11:56:39 AM EDT
[#31]
I like the idea of getting CNC files.  Cool.  Now ammo is already outrageously priced.  Maybe buying some raw materials for ammo...
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 11:57:35 AM EDT
[#32]
ammo
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 12:04:11 PM EDT
[#33]
I'll take, "All of the above for 5,000 Alex."
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 12:04:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
What gun related item should we be hording ..

Stock up on ammo and then simply purchase more as you use it.   Always keep a supply in reserve for the case of an idiot induced shortage.
On another note not related to the OP, why is it that we are critical of CTD for raping customers in the event of a shortage but individuals do the same and think that it is cool?...    If everyone would simply purchase what they "need" and stock up on ammo for what they will reasonably use, there would not be these predictable artificial shortages created by the gloom and doom crowd.  I am all for picking up an extra AR15 receiver or 2 for future builds and keeping a reserve of ammo, but the last time people hoarded (2008 elections), they got stuck in the ass because there was no real crisis.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 12:31:52 PM EDT
[#35]
The scary looking ones.

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 12:38:08 PM EDT
[#36]
I usually try to buy anything I can get at a reasonable price, I have been buying ammo and mags and have not overspent for them, picked up a couple Rock River lowers this week at a good price, took advantage of the Botach sale on M&P mags the last couple weeks, I have no interest in reselling by the way all for personal use.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 12:58:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stock up on ammo and then simply purchase more as you use it.   Always keep a supply in reserve for the case of an idiot induced shortage.
On another note not related to the OP, why is it that we are critical of CTD for raping customers in the event of a shortage but individuals do the same and think that it is cool?...    If everyone would simply purchase what they "need" and stock up on ammo for what they will reasonably use, there would not be these predictable artificial shortages created by the gloom and doom crowd.  I am all for picking up an extra AR15 receiver or 2 for future builds and keeping a reserve of ammo, but the last time people hoarded (2008 elections), they got stuck in the ass because there was no real crisis.

As someone who paid $120 for a glock 20 mag during the AWB I encourage everyone to assume that their will be a mag, ammo, build ban in the not too distant future.  The more we buy now the more their will be in circulation making enforcement of any ban that much more difficult.  Buy within your means but by all means, buy.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 1:08:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As someone who paid $120 for a glock 20 mag during the AWB I encourage everyone to assume that their will be a mag, ammo, build ban in the not too distant future.  The more we buy now the more their will be in circulation making enforcement of any ban that much more difficult.  Buy within your means but by all means, buy.

Oh yea, I remember the stupid Pre-ban Glock mag prices.  Eighty bux for a clapped out G17 mag.  I also remember paying $40 for trashed AR mil-surp mags.  Still have them with new Magpul followers and springs.

This man speaks the truth.  I'm not in panic mode as I've got plenty, but I still buy more as money allows.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 1:09:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 1:09:59 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

*shrug* honestly its not a bad time most stuff is available and fairly cheap

that might change in a month

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 1:12:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I will go with this.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 1:15:46 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Rifles of military caliber Yes

Rifles of hunting caliber Yes

Handguns Yes

Large capacity handgun magazines Yes

Large capacity rifle magazines Yes

Centerfire ammunition Yes

AR Lowers Yes

FN, G3, or comparible receivers Yes

AK receiver flats Yes

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 1:39:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Handguns
Centerfire ammunition
AR Lowers
AK receiver flats

lol

You should already have all that stuff.

I shall call you grasshopper.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 1:52:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Get em all, you know ARFCOM rules

This
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 2:38:29 PM EDT
[#45]
I can only hoard what I already have. This administration has me broke dick broke. Either that, or my poor spending habits, but it's easier to blame Obama.

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 2:39:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Yes

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 2:41:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Training.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 2:43:01 PM EDT
[#48]
all of the above and more , Fast and Furious was a false flag operation behind the scenes as he told the Brady bunch to get AWB 2 going , Romney is so much more pro gun no he just sucks less
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 4:41:34 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Handguns

Centerfire ammunition

AR Lowers

AK receiver flats

lol

You should already have all that stuff.

I shall call you grasshopper.

Hehehe ... ITOK.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top