Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2012 9:04:22 AM EDT
Been having an issue with Itunes.

Tried updating my wifes iphone and i keeep getting an error that throws the phone into a mode where the screen will only show that the phone needs to connect to itunes. it is locked there.

I downloaded a boot recovery fix thing and got it back going, i just couldnt update it.

I then tried to do a restore on my iphone and treid to retore from backup and got the same problem.

I'm thinking i have a problem with my itunes on my computer, so i tried to update with an older iphone i have laying around and i have the same problem.

It kicks my phone out and says i need to connect the phone to itunes,

Anyone know how i can fix this ?
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 9:07:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Go to ATT and get a Samsung Note. No more iTunes problems.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 9:10:41 AM EDT
[#2]

not an option
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 9:17:49 AM EDT
[#3]

Got another computer to try with ?
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 9:18:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Got another computer to try with ?

We only have one computer.

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 9:21:16 AM EDT
[#5]
My mother had the same issue. She took it to apple store and they fixed it. In her words they held down two buttons at the same time and did some sort of hard restart on it. She was not really sure though I would just stop by the apple store or carriers store and have them check it out.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 9:22:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Only thing I got––re-boot computer, hard reset iPhone, try again.

Hard reset iPhone= hold power button and home button down together for 30 seconds.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 9:22:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Is your iTunes up to date?
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 9:22:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, i got the phone rebooted and it all works. but it will not update with itunes no matter what.

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 9:23:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yes, current itunes.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 9:24:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Only thing I got––re-boot computer, hard reset iPhone, try again.

Hard reset iPhone= hold power button and home button down together for 30 seconds.

I have done both.

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 9:26:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, current itunes.

Run the installer again and let it do a repair maybe?
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 9:35:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, current itunes.

Done, tried to update. Same issue, part way through the update/sync it boots it out and displays yhe connect to itunes screen on the phone.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 12:08:13 PM EDT
[#13]
That's all I got other than making sure the USB cable is plugged into one of the ports on the back of the PC and not one of the front ports. Try another cable as well.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, current itunes.

Done, tried to update. Same issue, part way through the update/sync it boots it out and displays yhe connect to itunes screen on the phone.

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 12:11:12 PM EDT
[#14]
You might have better luck posting your question on the dedicated Itunes Apple forum.

Otherwise, if its not recognizing the Iphones at all I was going to suggest swapping out the cable....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top