Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2012 10:28:16 AM EDT
http://gunsinselfdefense.com/2012/10/06/resident-shot-one-of-four-home-invaders/
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 10:32:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice second post... need more info to call good shoot though
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 10:36:58 AM EDT
[#2]
you have to wonder when reporters will get educated. I am glad though that this is another article where an "assault rifle” was used in self defense.

"one of the occupants of the home was able to retrieve an assault rifle that he kept at the residence and subsequently shot one of the intruders.”

FAIL by the media, like usual. an assault rifle? i highly doubt the man had a select fire rifle,for his home defense weapon

Link Posted: 10/6/2012 10:42:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
you have to wonder when reporters will get educated. I am glad though that this is another article where an "assault rifle” was used in self defense.

"one of the occupants of the home was able to retrieve an assault rifle that he kept at the residence and subsequently shot one of the intruders.”

FAIL by the media, like usual. an assault rifle? i highly doubt the man had a select fire rifle,for his home defense weapon

Actually, maybe in this case that's a good thing. It paints the deadly, lethal, fatal, probably dark colored "assault rifle" in a more positive light, and makes it apparent that yes, they can be used for self defense!
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 10:44:24 AM EDT
[#4]
4 home invaders?  That is exactly why an "assault weapon" should be used for home defense.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 10:46:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

1.  Forced their way inside his home
2.  Armed intruders
3. One dead and none turned themselves in to the police

Unless some insanely different info becomes available, I'll go out on a limb and call it a good shoot...
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 11:06:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Good defense.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 11:20:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
4 home invaders?  That is exactly why an "assault weapon" should be used for home defense.

Agreed. We can blow them out the door they came from. My favorite assault weapon is the SMAW:

Link Posted: 10/6/2012 11:30:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Good shot, the best gun is the one in your hand
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 11:32:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. We can blow them out the door they came from. My favorite assault weapon is the SMAW:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/11/Shoulder-launched_Multipurpose_Assault_Weapon.jpg

Which gunshow do I get these at?
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 11:35:27 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

You are probably right, but even if he did, WHO CARES? (besides the obvious)

The question is was it a good shoot or not?  If I use a M1 Abrams for self defense and there is no collateral damage, what does it matter?

And yes, i know that using a tank is over the top but it was intentional to prove my point.

Link Posted: 10/6/2012 11:49:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/11/Shoulder-launched_Multipurpose_Assault_Weapon.jpg

Which gunshow do I get these at?

The loophole.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 12:22:39 PM EDT
[#12]
i get your point..

i have my ar-15 under my bed cocked locked and ready to rock doc

Quoted:

You are probably right, but even if he did, WHO CARES? (besides the obvious)

The question is was it a good shoot or not?  If I use a M1 Abrams for self defense and there is no collateral damage, what does it matter?
And yes, i know that using a tank is over the top but it was intentional to prove my point.

Link Posted: 10/6/2012 12:33:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

1.  Forced their way inside his home
2.  Armed intruders
3. One dead and none turned themselves in to the police

Unless some insanely different info becomes available, I'll go out on a limb and call it a good shoot...

Four people, some with long guns, isn't exactly your typical home invasion. I'm thinking either homeowner was involved in something shady or was known to have a lot of cash or both.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top