Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 10:47:38 PM EDT
[#1]
There is no conspiracy.  They just outright lied to us.

Bilster
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 10:48:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Bilster

nailed it. the number will be quietly revised upward later...
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 10:50:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Bilster

yup, this was my thought when the numbers came out
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 10:57:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Only his "ends justify the means" supporters and those probably too fucking stupid to make it out to vote are going to look at these numbers and not suspect something.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 11:03:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for posting that.    

This summer i remember a news story about controversy surrounding several Obama appointees who were getting hung up in the Senate.   I think the gist of the story was that "they" wanted to release several appointees from Senatorial Confirmation and make them simple unreviewed appointees.  

One of them –– and I've been wracking my brane all day for this –– was specifically mentioned as a fucking communist Obama partisan who was in either Bureau of Labor Stats or ??? something that impacted BLS data.    

It was Senate Bill S. 679.   There was someone –– a woman –– who Obama wanted to get into a position where she could wield great influence over an information stream used for important numerically based decisions.   The discussions about it were to the effect that she could push unemployment  +/-  0.3%.   Anyone remember  this? It was this summer.  

I don't know that this person actually managed to bend the process, but this is exactly what I was reading about and hearing about, in the Chicago Tribune and the NYT and on WLS in the afternoon.   Buehler?

Here's the    list of exempted positions, but I can't seem to find what I know i'm looking for in it.

ETA: clarity.  ringing any bells?
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 11:22:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Bilster

Politicians lying?

The hell you say!

Link Posted: 10/6/2012 6:52:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Bilster

Yup.

Link Posted: 10/6/2012 6:55:32 AM EDT
[#8]
They always "forget" to add a small detail. The huge number of people who permantly leave the workforce, thus making it seem like there is a drop in unemployment.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 6:58:56 AM EDT
[#9]
when bush was in office, the revised numbers were often better than the initial, with obama in office, they're worse, yes they can, and have been manipulated.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 6:59:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thanks for posting that.    

This summer i remember a news story about controversy surrounding several Obama appointees who were getting hung up in the Senate.   I think the gist of the story was that "they" wanted to release several appointees from Senatorial Confirmation and make them simple unreviewed appointees.  

One of them –– and I've been wracking my brane all day for this –– was specifically mentioned as a fucking communist Obama partisan who was in either Bureau of Labor Stats or ??? something that impacted BLS data.    

It was Senate Bill S. 679.   There was someone –– a woman –– who Obama wanted to get into a position where she could wield great influence over an information stream used for important numerically based decisions.   The discussions about it were to the effect that she could push unemployment  +/-  0.3%.   Anyone remember  this? It was this summer.  

I don't know that this person actually managed to bend the process, but this is exactly what I was reading about and hearing about, in the Chicago Tribune and the NYT and on WLS in the afternoon.   Buehler?

Here's the    list of exempted positions, but I can't seem to find what I know i'm looking for in it.

Someone help a brother out. This could be big.

Link Posted: 10/6/2012 7:02:04 AM EDT
[#11]
I wish they would post the actual stats.

It is bullshit that it is adjusted seasonally, either you are working or you aren't.

I have come to resent the practice after becoming self employed, but most of my town is construction workers and they basically get a 4 month vacation each year on the tax payers dime due to seasonal work.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 7:06:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bilster
the now infamous 'Thursday correction' that Rush keeps pointing out.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 7:08:04 AM EDT
[#13]
47% of the people could care less what the number is.

The people who care know it's a lie.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 7:16:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 7:17:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Bilster

Politicians lying?

The hell you say!

Yeah, I don't hold tight to any numbers I see from any government dept regardless of which party is in power.  It is only human nature for those with the power to believe they are smart enough to influence things. when you add politics to that it just gets ridiculous

Link Posted: 10/6/2012 7:24:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bilster

Yup.

Link Posted: 10/6/2012 7:25:22 AM EDT
[#17]
How much of this garbage will we accept?

At what point will enough people say Fuck no. Your inflated lies caused enough people to be tricked that you stole an election and are not rightfully entitled to your position?

We are not playing for fun here. There are real, history changing consequences at play. This is fundamentally un-American.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 7:26:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
47% of the people could care less what the number is.

The people who care know it's a lie.

I saw something on TV yesterday - can't remember where - that some poll showed that a slight majority of the people surveyed did not trust the most recent employment numbers.

Link Posted: 10/6/2012 7:29:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Bilster

Criminal no doubt. Conspiracy yeah looking that way.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 7:30:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
when bush was in office, the revised numbers were often better than the initial, with obama in office, they're worse, yes they can, and have been manipulated.

What?
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 7:33:34 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bilster

Politicians lying?

The hell you say!

Yeah, I don't hold tight to any numbers I see from any government dept regardless of which party is in power.  It is only human nature for those with the power to believe they are smart enough to influence things. when you add politics to that it just gets ridiculous

As well you should. Question authority.

Link Posted: 10/6/2012 7:34:24 AM EDT
[#22]
They might want to lean over just a little further the next time they try to pull numbers like that out of their ass.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 7:37:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Why Today’s BLS Jobs Numbers Make No Sense

http://www.redstate.com/2012/10/05/why-todays-bls-jobs-numbers-make-no-sense/
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 8:30:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Thanks for posting that.    

Erica L Groshen, communist.

sent her kid to commie summer camp
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 8:34:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bilster

After the election.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 8:39:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 8:43:48 AM EDT
[#27]
I really liked that posted comment of her eyes were blinking "fast and furiously".  
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 8:44:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 8:52:37 AM EDT
[#29]
It appears to be a ka-winky-dink the unemployment number improved when virtually all other economic indicators continue to slide sideways or downward.

Also, typically employment numbers are a lagging indicator to all other economic metrics.  This is why many including Jack Welch have doubts with the 7.8% rate.  Gotta say it kinda defies logic...
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 8:56:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Bilster

yep
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 8:58:12 AM EDT
[#31]
0.3% change... woah put on the tinfoil!!!

The people who do these numbers are career public servants, not politicians or appointees.

The numbers are innacurate in the exact same way that all the previous numbers have been (what they do and do not count), not because Obama called up someone and said "change the numbers."

Don't forget to check your facts. Any so-called fact that can be construed to somehow make Obama look good is automatically A BIG FAT LIE INTENTIONALLY engineered by DNC operatives.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 8:59:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Jack Welch summed it up very well. The only way in hell we could have the unemployment numbers improve that much that fast would be to have the economy jump from around 1% growth rate to 5-7%. Everyone knows there is no way in hell we are at a 5-7% growth rate right now. Or that it jumped that much from last quarter to this one.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 11:17:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The people who do these numbers are career public servants, not politicians or appointees.

The numbers are innacurate in the exact same way that all the previous numbers have been (what they do and do not count), not because Obama called up someone and said "change the numbers."

Don't forget to check your facts. Any so-called fact that can be construed to somehow make Obama look good is automatically A BIG FAT LIE INTENTIONALLY engineered by DNC operatives.

To behave in any way indicating that this administration has an iota of dignity or honor, or as though there is a line they wouldnt cross to further their leftist agenda is the height of naivete'.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 12:31:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

To behave in any way indicating that this administration has an iota of dignity or honor, or as though there is a line they wouldnt cross to further their leftist agenda is the height of naivete'.

After 4 years, it's undeniable.

Right on as usual jmt
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 12:36:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Can't lie about the price of gas. It is what it is.

Link Posted: 10/6/2012 12:48:27 PM EDT
[#36]
There is no conspiracy... but there are also VERY FEW JOBS LEFT TO LOSE.

These numbers reflect how many people are APPLYING FOR UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS.  When your benefits run out, you can't re-apply.  Things are not getting better, they're just not telling you how many people are really unemployed.  Throw in under-employment and the conspiracy is: people are broke.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 12:48:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Whatever lets them sleep at night. We all know differently.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 12:51:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bilster

DING...DING...DING!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top