Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/5/2012 8:10:18 PM EDT
Saw a family car get froggy with a SS Camaro at the light

Some lady driving with a lead foot....appeared to have her husband in the passenger seat and a child seat in the rear.

Took off from the light nicely in her 550 BMW but then I heard the turbo spool up in the SS and it was over...

The F body had a turbo 6.0

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 8:11:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I guess you knew the guy with the SS?
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 8:12:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Some lady driving with a lead foot....appeared to have her husband in the passenger seat and a child seat in the rear.

Took off from the light nicely in her 550 BMW but then I heard the turbo spool up in the SS and it was over...

Love it!

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 8:13:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Mom ain't fuckin' around tonight.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 8:13:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

No

I never seen the car before.....It had T tops and a 6.0 badge on the left rear and a loud turbo

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 8:14:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 8:15:22 PM EDT
[#6]
T-tops. Nice

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 8:20:59 PM EDT
[#7]
How many mullets were sported in the Camero SS?
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 8:24:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

If I remember clearly..... it was a mullet, mirror sunglasses and a goatee mustache

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 8:33:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Nothing like a turbo kicking in.

Have been in the drivers seat of a few high horse V-8`s..they just didn`t pull hard like a smaller motor with a turbo.

Have a friend who was running around 20 PSI of turbo power in a 911 Porsche. At 90 MPH, back tires were still trying to spin loose. The pull & G-forces were unbelievable.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 8:40:20 PM EDT
[#10]
My sleeper Delta 88 with the 455 used to surprise a lot of those pukes.
Big block, fast in a straight line, grandpa car.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 8:42:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 8:45:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Eh, I'd still rather have the bimmer.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 8:46:36 PM EDT
[#13]
never fuck with a turbo Ellis Juan

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 8:47:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:

No

I never seen the car before.....It had T tops and a 6.0 badge on the left rear and a loud turbo

Oh okay.  6.0L swap isn't too common.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 8:48:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I don't think the 6.0L is an LS1 motor.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 8:49:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Must have swapped engines if they really had a 6 liter.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 8:54:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

He haz a swapped badge, and it doesn't take much to beat a 550.

I turbo 6.0 ls based motor would have totally fucked shit up. You ran into a poser op.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 8:54:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Guy did that to me once.

Me- Mustang GT
Him- Lincoln Land Yacht

I knew the cop who had followed me 3 blocks was still behind me. He didn't.

When he revved his stock Lincoln at me I gave my SLP loudmouths all the air I could. The cop let him get to 85 in a 40 before he "caught up". I still think that dummy saved me from a no muffler ticket.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 8:57:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I turbo 6.0 ls based motor would have totally fucked shit up. You ran into a poser op.

You would think if someone was going to swap in an LS2, they'd have an LS2 badge instead.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 9:00:33 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You would think if someone was going to swap in an LS2, they'd have an LS2 badge instead.

IIRC the 6.0 badge comes from the last GTO model.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 9:08:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plenty of aftermarket badges out there.  I'm into cars enough though that I would assume most gear heads would use an LS2 badge instead of a generic 6.0 badge since the LS2 is a specific 6L engine not to be confused with the one GM puts in pickups.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 9:09:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Have been in the drivers seat of a few high horse V-8`s..they just didn`t pull hard like a smaller motor with a turbo.

Have a friend who was running around 20 PSI of turbo power in a 911 Porsche. At 90 MPH, back tires were still trying to spin loose. The pull & G-forces were unbelievable.

It sounds like you haven't been in a V8 with a turbo.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 9:17:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haven`t had the pleasure yet. Not gonna` sit here and say I am the "end all story teller". You see, even you admit to the power  of forced induction.

Small, medium, or large block motor.....

:)

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 9:33:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Look I admit I am getting old but I was the proud owner of a 1970 LS6 454 Chevelle. Rectangular ports,high rise manifold,850cfm Holly double pumper. Admittedly old school. With a 336 rear it would melt the tires at highway speeds when I dumped the throttle. At a traffic light,my heavy ass full size car would have trouble hooking up at first butt once those tires stuck it would pull your colon right out of your ass and smoke most everything on the road.
Now I have 350 c class Benz and have a whole new appreciation of small cc screamers. 120mph and diamond cutting smoothness is nice. I do want an AMG C63. Old school muscle car horsepower and Euro sophistication in a luxury format =
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 9:39:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Were those cars turbocharged or naturally aspirated?

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 9:45:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Plenty of aftermarket badges out there.  I'm into cars enough though that I would assume most gear heads would use an LS2 badge instead of a generic 6.0 badge since the LS2 is a specific 6L engine not to be confused with the one GM puts in pickups.

*sigh*

Quoted:
Quoted:

lol
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 9:46:34 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think the 6.0L is an LS1 motor.

its the same exact architecture with more cubes and, if it wasnt an ls2, different block material.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 9:53:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Must have been a legit camaro. The latest generation 550 is no slouch.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 9:58:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:

If I remember clearly..... it was a mullet, mirror sunglasses and a goatee mustache

Striker

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 10:01:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Must have been a legit camaro. The latest generation 550 is no slouch.

I think about this race, and what comes to mind is two cow pies with rocket engine strapped to them.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 10:17:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
*sigh*
Problem?  I'm just making the observation that anyone that knows anything about late model GM LSx engines usually refers to them by their RPO, so if someone would go through the trouble to swap an engine and they want to advertise it, most would choose "LS2" over "6.0".  

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 10:40:36 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

My son has a 590hp Malibu,It pulls plenty and it will smoke the tires at 90

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 11:00:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Nothing like a turbo kicking in. Have been in the drivers seat of a few high horse V-8`s..they just didn`t pull hard like a smaller motor with a turbo.

VTEC baby.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 11:49:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Some of you clowns know as much about cars as you do about relationships
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 12:23:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

a 550i gets to 60mph in 4.8 seconds –– with an automatic transmission.  by the time you "heard the turbo spool up" the race was over –– in fact any street guy will tell you that the finish line is the other side of the intersection.  

anyway, it's a bit of a stretch to compare a car that can actually corner and has leather-chair-in-the-living-room comfort to a camaro.  

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 10/6/2012 12:24:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

the 550i is a v8 with a turbo.  two turbos, in fact.

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 10/6/2012 12:30:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 2:09:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Truth
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 2:19:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Pic of MILF driving the BMW?  
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 2:37:18 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

No shit!  

<–––– TVS ls2 owner
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 2:47:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

a 550i gets to 60mph in 4.8 seconds –– with an automatic transmission.  by the time you "heard the turbo spool up" the race was over –– in fact any street guy will tell you that the finish line is the other side of the intersection.  

anyway, it's a bit of a stretch to compare a car that can actually corner and has leather-chair-in-the-living-room comfort to a camaro.  

ar-jedi

+1
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 2:52:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
*sigh*
Problem?  I'm just making the observation that anyone that knows anything about late model GM LSx engines usually refers to them by their RPO, so if someone would go through the trouble to swap an engine and they want to advertise it, most would choose "LS2" over "6.0".  

My slowmaro had a LS1 from the factory.  Now, there is nothing LS1 about it besides the block.  Truth be told, it came from the factory with a LS6 block.  My poor car has no idea what it is.  

Link Posted: 10/6/2012 2:57:19 AM EDT
[#43]

+1 And won't rattle apart in a year.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 3:21:29 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

ar-jedi

I'm not sure if you're saying the BMW had already won the race by the time the turbo had spooked up? Please clarify a little better please.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 3:23:00 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

no replacement for displacement,

True power comes from boost

Link Posted: 10/6/2012 3:26:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

No kidding
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 3:55:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Quoted:

could you hear the Bon Jovi CD clearly? What song was playing?
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 4:07:43 AM EDT
[#48]
On a much more interesting note, I smoked a guy in a WRX through some twisties the other day in my Mini.  With snow tires on.  While smoking a cigarette.  And using my right hand to shift and keep a wine bottle from sliding off the front seat.  

-csb
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 4:59:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ar-jedi

I'm not sure if you're saying the BMW had already won the race by the time the turbo had spooked up? Please clarify a little better please.

No kidding BS story is BS....
Those camaros and new challengers are both over hyped all to hell and back. Hell I have an 06 350z with a little v6 in it that will and has out preformed both many times in red light challenges and long stretches.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 5:15:15 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
On a much more interesting note, I smoked a guy in a WRX through some twisties the other day in my Mini.  With snow tires on.  While smoking a cigarette.  And using my right hand to shift and keep a wine bottle from sliding off the front seat.  

-csb

Funny

It's fun to surprise folks with a sleeper. I had a little miata that looked completely stock (well it had a rollbar) but it had a high end suspension and put out ~370hp at the back wheels.

Let's just say there were a lot of unhappy mustang and camero drivers in Birmingham for a few years.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top