Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/5/2012 3:16:18 PM EDT
One would think that with the Navy assisting with production that dumbass things like the way Goose dies wouldn't have been included.  I mean its a decent flick up until that part (there's some bad but its overlookable) but after that its just, terrible.  Goose didn't have to die.  There are so many other ways Tommy could have learned not to be an arrogant prick..

If only I was old enough to write that script, I could be rich.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:17:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, for one thing, it had Tom Cruise in it.  That in itself is enough to send it to the bowels of film hell.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:19:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't talk shit about Top Gun.

ETA: I agree, why did Goose have to die?
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:20:52 PM EDT
[#3]
So you don't have any objections to the volleyball scene?
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:22:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Choke yourself!
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:22:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I try to block that and the shower scenes out.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:23:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:25:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Top Gun is one of the gayest movies of all times.

Only the last Lord Of The Rings flick and Fight Club surpass it.  Maybe Road House as well.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:26:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I liked it when I saw it in the movie theater. This was in the days when we assumed men were not gay, like the guy from Queen and the guy frmo Judas Priest, we thought those guys got a lot of tail, er the other kind of tail

This. I was 12, an aviation freak, and sheltered.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:26:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Shut your whore mouth!!!

Top Gun is not terrible!!!

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:26:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Choke yourself!

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:27:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone who watches Top Gun for anything more than the splendid aerial fight scenes has already failed before they started. Who gives a fuck about Tom Cruise or Kelly McGillis? The real stars of the movie are the F-14, the F-5 and the A-4.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:27:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Your talking about the movie that  came out in 1986?  The one that made  $353,816,701 box office sales!  Yea that movie was horrible.....
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:29:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I liked it when I saw it in the movie theater. This was in the days when we assumed men were not gay, like the guy from Queen and the guy frmo Judas Priest, we thought those guys got a lot of tail, er the other kind of tail

Agree 100%
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:29:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Anyone who watches Top Gun for anything more than the splendid aerial fight scenes has already failed before they started. Who gives a fuck about Tom Cruise or Kelly McGillis? The real stars of the movie are the F-14, the F-5 and the A-4.

Yep, though I think the aerial scenes and flight ops shown in Final Countdown actually have Top Gun beat IMO.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:29:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Only the last Lord Of The Rings flick and Fight Club surpass it.  Maybe Road House as well.

Seriously dude? Im just gonna assume your joking
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:30:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Fun fact,  I was a life guard for the summer at the O Club pool at Miramar where that graduation scene was filmed.

I was 17 and the place was always crawling with tail, it was awesome.

The bar scene where Goose was playing the piano was in downtown San Diego about 10 minutes from MCRD.  I think it was called "Kansas City Barbeque".  I ate there once and got sicker than shit.  That was significantly less awesome.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:30:24 PM EDT
[#17]
It's still a great fucking movie.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:30:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The what scenes?
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:31:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

And even that isn't very well done.

Look, this is the definitive authority on the subject.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:31:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The first five minutes, the last five minutes, the shower scenes, the volleyball scenes, and the parts with Tom Skerritt  are the best parts.

Pant, pant, moannnnn
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:33:15 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, though I think the aerial scenes and flight ops shown in Final Countdown actually have Top Gun beat IMO.

Art Scholl died while working on Top Gun practicing the setup for the flat spin that would kill goose.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:33:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The first five minutes, the last five minutes, the shower scenes, the volleyball scenes, and the parts with Tom Skerritt  are the only good parts.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z120/planejanel/986TGN_Val_Kilmer_006.jpg

Pant, pant, moannnnn

Lets pour some ice water on this one.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:36:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Jeeze, it's an 80's film what'd you expect
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:36:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
One would think that with the Navy assisting with production that dumbass things like the way Goose dies wouldn't have been included.  I mean its a decent flick up until that part (there's some bad but its overlookable) but after that its just, terrible.  Goose didn't have to die.  There are so many other ways Tommy could have learned not to be an arrogant prick..

Quoted:

a bag of dicks. both of you need to swallow 3 bags of dicks. each.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:37:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The first five minutes, the last five minutes, the shower scenes, the volleyball scenes, and the parts with Tom Skerritt  are the only good parts.

Pant, pant, moannnnn

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l3xsboCdoc1qcq0mho1_400.jpg

I knew someone would post that just out of spite.  I don't care; I have my memories:  the big screen, afternoon matinee, coat over my lap.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:37:46 PM EDT
[#26]
I watch Top Gun for the first 4 minutes and that's it.

After the Tomcats launch and Kenny Loggins stops singing, I stop watching.

Top Gun has one of the most spectacular movie openings of any movie ever made.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:38:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Don't talk shit about Top Gun.

ETA: I agree, why did Goose have to die?

to make it an interesting film.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:38:54 PM EDT
[#28]
I think Quintin Taratino's assessment  analysis  explaination  is spot on.  lol

Gay Top Gun
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:39:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I watch Top Gun for the first 4 minutes and that's it.

After the Tomcats launch and Kenny Loggins stops singing, I stop watching.

Top Gun has one of the most spectacular movie openings of any movie ever made.

It's still my surround-sound test whenever I set up or change anything
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:39:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

a bag of dicks. both of you need to swallow 3 bags of dicks. each.

Hey I never said I hated it.  I just said it was terrible.  I watch it expecting it to be as bad as it is.  I just finally got fed up suppressing the thought that it was actually bad.  Much like Days of Thunder.  Another terrible subject matter movie but I do enjoy watching it.  Which is odd considering I can't stand nascar and really for that matter tom cruise.  Hmm..
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:39:48 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I remember when Top Gun was condemned for its "blatant heterosexuality"

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:41:33 PM EDT
[#32]

Sword fight...!

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:41:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

ghey, very ghey. Throw  Cruise and Cruise's lesbian girlfriend, and you have one the most lavender films about the US Navy ever made.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:43:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Gee, you were very naive weren't you? It was Hollywood.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:43:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Hey I never said I hated it.  I just said it was terrible.  I watch it expecting it to be as bad as it is.  I just finally got fed up suppressing the thought that it was actually bad.  Much like Days of Thunder.  Another terrible subject matter movie but I do enjoy watching it.  Which is odd considering I can't stand nascar and really for that matter tom cruise.  Hmm..

"Oh, hell, he didn't hit you; he just rubbed you and rubbing's racing."  Big Robert Duvall fan, I am.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:43:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It's okay if you like movies with girls in them.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:43:44 PM EDT
[#37]
I've never seen this movie,just the volleyball bits on you tube.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:46:36 PM EDT
[#38]
edit
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:47:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Oh, hell, he didn't hit you; he just rubbed you and rubbing's racing."  Big Robert Duvall fan, I am.

I failed my first 17 driver's tests because Harry lead me wrong.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:49:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Choke yourself!

Wrong movie
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:49:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yep.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:50:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pant, pant, moannnnn

I knew someone would post that just out of spite.  I don't care; I have my memories:  the big screen, afternoon matinee, coat over my lap.

Damn Jane my imagination will be on overdrive for the rest of the evening after that comment.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:51:12 PM EDT
[#43]

Kelly only has box lunches these days...

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:53:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Never saw it.

I don't know if that is good or bad.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:54:33 PM EDT
[#45]
(blond bimbo pause)

"You're the one."

(smirk)

(nod)

(smirk)

That scene recruited about a thousand Navy pilots.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:54:46 PM EDT
[#46]
I challange you to stand on the flight deck of Enterprise and not hear Kenny Logins
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:58:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

http://www.starscolor.com/images/kelly-mcgillis-02.jpg...

Kelly only has box lunches these days...

I was kinda turned on by her Kitchen bath scene in Witness,........what a let down.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:59:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pant, pant, moannnnn

that is obscene behavior

that ruined pee wee herman's career

not cool
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 4:00:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The first five minutes, the last five minutes, the shower scenes, the volleyball scenes, and the parts with Tom Skerritt  are the best parts.

Pant, pant, moannnnn

What's your opinion on Kelly McGillis?
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 4:03:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agree 100%

I was 8, had no idea what those terms meant, the flyby scenes were awesome then, and Iceman made the movie just that much better!! the rest I learned as I grew up, sorta...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top