Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2002 6:34:58 AM EDT
A buddy from work wants me to take him shooting. Was wondering if anyone want to join us. Probably going to Gibsons in Mesquite. Around 10-11AM. Then maybe a post shoot beerski @ Hooters
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:41:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I may try to make it by 11:30, give me some directions. Also, do they allow FMJ?
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:44:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I may try to make it by 11:30, give me some directions. Also, do they allow FMJ?
View Quote

Cool, yes they do allow FMJ and any other ammo. No rapid fire though. 4 lanes that are out to 200yds.

Here's the directions:
[url]yp.netscape.com/detail.adp?cid=106210111&oLat=327408&oLong=%2d965257&lat=327833&long=%2d968000&city=Dallas&state=TX&zip=&myaddr=&cat=&namesearch=gibsons&referer=http%3a%2f%2fhome%2enetscape%2ecom%2fescapes%2fsearch%2fntsrchrnd%2dD%2ehtml&scale=5[/url]

Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:50:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll try to make it also.  I've been trying to find a range that allows FMJ without driving all the way to McKinney.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 7:48:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Would anyone mind if I come and watched?

I am in the process of saveing funds to buy a M4 setup from Pete in NH. but have never shot an AR.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 7:55:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Now, why does anyone think that [b]lordtrader[/b] will [u]actually[/u] show up at this event?

Huh? Huh? Didja ever think of that, didja?

Eric The(Burned)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 8:05:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Hello boys....I wil attempt to make it...but it is a long drive with no AC....cretes...if I am there you can shoot all my stuff....it ain't a spectator sport.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 8:12:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Hound---

Much appreciated!!!

[:D]    [^]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 8:49:03 AM EDT
[#8]
You read my mind!!!

I'll be there.

Frisco, Legs, TRG, MOGO?  Can you guys make it?

TXLEWIS
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 8:54:19 AM EDT
[#9]
we need a huge TEXAS meet soon(soon as i turn 18 ofcourse).  i wish i could go....guns....hooters.....i am drooling!
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 9:02:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
we need a huge TEXAS meet soon(soon as i turn 18 ofcourse).  i wish i could go....guns....hooters.....i am drooling
View Quote

And just what is the [b]OktoberHunFest[/b] (a/k/a [b]Hunapalooza[/b]) October 11-12-13??

Chopped liver? [:D]

Eric The(AreWe18Yet?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 9:05:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 9:18:28 AM EDT
[#12]
I already had plans. We're gonna terrorize bowling pins on the big hill at Regi's.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 9:23:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Princess #1 informed me this morning she wants to go shooting this weekend.

So Gigi and I will be there as well.

She will shame you with her rifle and pistol skills.

Arock
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 9:56:42 AM EDT
[#14]
dang it Don...I was hoping to beg a ride....
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 10:13:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks AROCK, just what I need, more pressure on my shooting abilities.

J/K

Glad to see you'll be there.

TXLEWIS

Link Posted: 8/2/2002 10:39:02 AM EDT
[#16]
as long as I get the bullets going that way down range I am happy.....
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 12:06:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
we need a huge TEXAS meet soon(soon as i turn 18 ofcourse).  i wish i could go....guns....hooters.....i am drooling
View Quote

And just what is the [b]OktoberHunFest[/b] (a/k/a [b]Hunapalooza[/b]) October 11-12-13??

View Quote

ETH!!!!!!!  my birthday is NOVEMBER 18th!!!  I cant belive another Hunopalooza without me!  cant you extent it by one  simple month?
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:24:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Now, why does anyone think that [b]lordtrader[/b] will [u]actually[/u] show up at this event?

Huh? Huh? Didja ever think of that, didja?

Eric The(Burned)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

[:(] Me thinks I pissed the Hun off.

I will be there. I will. I will. I will. A few of you that I have not met yet, my pic is on my profile. I will also be wearing a white hat(bit dirty though) That says, " NRA Armed with Pride"
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:36:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

ETH!!!!!!!  my birthday is NOVEMBER 18th!!!  I cant belive another Hunopalooza without me!  cant you extent it by one  simple month?
View Quote

Wait, why do you have to be 18 to go shooting? To buy ammo?  Just have the guys buy it for you.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 9:01:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Sorry guys, can't make it.  I promised the wife I would spend tomorrow with her.  I've had to travel alot lately and you know how the rest goes...

Have fun!

frisco
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 9:16:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

Wait, why do you have to be 18 to go ? To buy ammo?  Just have the guys buy it for you.
View Quote
View Quote

because in the state of texas you have to be 18 to get ammo, and /or carry a rifle or shotgun.  i dont care to go to jail thats why.
Link Posted: 8/3/2002 6:13:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Call me LT.  I got drafted by wife to babysit while she went to hair dresser. So I'm out of the game today unless she makes it back soon enough.

Sorry guys.

TXLEWIS

LT, drink one for me, and ogle the waitresses too.

Link Posted: 8/3/2002 6:40:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Arock and Princess Gigi are rolling at 0930.

We're gonna grab some b'fast on the way.

C'ya there...
Link Posted: 8/3/2002 6:44:27 AM EDT
[#24]
ETA for me at the range is 11:00

TxLewis check your IM instead. Lost your number sorry.
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 11:53:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Princess Gigi and I had a great time with LT and JFP.

We stayed about an hour after you guys.  Was it warm or what??

Thanks for the help getting that Soviet scope dialed in.

When we were packing up I came up short one thirty round mag.  If it strayed would someone send it home?

Stay cool and see you guys again soon.

Arock
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 12:21:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Sorry AROCK, just checked my gear and no 30rdr in sight except for the Thermolds I had originally. Could you have left it near the pistol range? [:(]

Was great to shoot with you guys.

Will try to get one again towards the end of the month. My birthday is the 27th. Maybe that weekend for a lil birthday shoot. [:)] Wonder if the Gibsons would let us BBQ in the parking lot? Hmmmm....
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 9:14:54 AM EDT
[#27]
You guys should have called me up!
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 9:16:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Well, so, ladies and gentlemen, is there not anyone gonna give us an 'after action' report?

What happened?

Where'd y'all go for lunch?

Did [b]lordtrader[/b] actually show up? [:D]

Eric The(Inquisitive)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 9:32:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Hey I showed up. Although rather late cause of the traffic on 635. Not much to tell. The cops showed up. AROCK got mistaken for a serial killer. JFP for a mass murderer and me for a child molester. They let us go when we dropped the AR15.com name though. That and I showed em your biz card and they shook in their boots that I had ETH for a lawyer. We then sighted in AROCK new fangled scope with a lot of play in it. I mean A LOT OF PLAY!!!. Then we went home. I rented The Time Machine. Cooked some Spam Burgers and had a beer or 2. Such as life when the board is down.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 9:34:36 AM EDT
[#30]
BTW ETH, I updated the boards calendar to show all the gunshows till the end of the year. That way no one is asking you anymore. That and I added the Hun A Palooza to the calendar as well [:)]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 9:36:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Now, see, [b]lordtrader[/b] was that so bad?

What's a couple of full body cavity searches when you out with your friends having fun!

I mean, so long as the cavity searches are not being carried out by your friends, you should be OK!

I'm glad y'all had a great time!

But more to my interests, heh-heh, where'd y'all go to eat?

Eric The(Famished)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 9:53:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Now, see, [b]lordtrader[/b] was that so bad?

I mean, so long as the cavity searches are not being carried out by your friends, you should be OK!

But more to my interests, heh-heh, where'd y'all go to eat?

Eric The(Famished)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

ROFLMAO [:D]

We did not get anything to eat together. JFP had a drive to FW, AROCK stayed cause he had more toys to shoot. I was late for my afternoon nap.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 10:08:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Post from lordtrader -
I was late for my afternoon nap.
View Quote

Hmmm, all nap and nothing to eat?

The very meaning of the word 'companion' derives from the Latin [i][b]com pan(is)[/b][/i] or 'with bread' meaning someone with whom you would share bread.

So the sharing of bread is [u]sacred[/u] to me!

And insofar as your mid-afternoon naps are concerned, do not worry about missing any such naps while out at the Hun Farm in October!

If you can't seem to get any shuteye out there, I will personally rock you to sleep!

With [u]real[/u] rocks! [:D]

Eric The(AlwaysTheThoughtful)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 11:46:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Just for the record!!!

I can sleep just fine!!!!

The only rocks I need for sleep are there to cool the whiskey.

TXLEWIS

Link Posted: 8/5/2002 12:28:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Yo! LT!  Next time I'll bring an electric screwdriver for that soviet scope!  We cranked the adjustment all the way to Collin County just to get it on paper.

Thanks again to you and JFP!

Why did we miss lunch??  WHAT WERE WE THINKING??
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 6:05:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Just for the record!!!

I can sleep just fine!!!!

The only rocks I need for sleep are there to cool the whiskey.

TXLEWIS

View Quote

I second that!  I'm planning on bringing more booze and less ammo next time.  That way I figure I don't have as many guns to clean when I get home!

frisco
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top