Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2012 8:54:33 AM EDT
I begining to seriously question this man's judegment and character.  he does not live up to the Army values and more and more looks like a political hack.  this shit needs to stop.  who will put him in his place?

-tells retired mil to STFU about politics....he is the one that should remain apoloitical and stay out of the fray
-recommended a 4 star keep his rank even though he defraud the gov.....old boy network
-telling an instructor his topic isnt PC and unprofessional....even though it speaks the truth.....bias and politcal

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/05/rising-career-us-army-officer-matthew-dooley-halted-for-teaching-soldiers-on/

Norfolk Virginian-Pilot
October 5, 2012

Don't Demote General, Top Officer UrgesBy Lolita C. Baldor, Associated Press
WASHINGTON––America's top military officer is opposing the demotion of a four-star general who is accused of spending tens of thousands of taxpayer dollars on lavish travel and other expenses in a case that has been sitting on Defense Secretary Leon Panetta's desk for weeks, U.S. officials said Thursday.

Army Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, is among those who believe that Gen. William Ward, the former head of U.S. Africa Command, should be allowed to retire at his full four-star general rank, the officials said.

A Defense Department inspector general's report released in mid-August concluded that Ward "engaged in multiple forms of misconduct related to official and unofficial travel." It said Ward "conducted official travel for primarily personal reasons," misused military aircraft and received reimbursement for travel expenses that far exceeded the approved daily military rate without authorization.

Panetta has not made a final decision, officials said.

Other officials have argued that the allegations made against Ward in the IG report were serious and that senior officers need to be held accountable. Officials have suggested that similar misconduct by a lower-ranking officer or enlisted military member would garner severe punishment or dismissal.

Retiring as a three-star would cost Ward nearly $30,000 a year in retirement pay - giving him about $208,802 a year rather than the $236,650 he would get as a four-star. He also could be required to reimburse the Defense Department for tens of thousands of dollars.

The inspector general's report found that Ward used military vehicles to shuttle his wife on shopping trips and to a spa and billed the government for a refueling stop overnight in Bermuda, where the couple stayed in a $750 suite, a Defense Department investigation found. It detailed lengthy stays at lavish hotels for Ward, his wife and his staff members, and the use of five-vehicle motorcades when he traveled to Washington.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 9:01:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Fuck letting him retire.  Kick his ass out and say bye bye to his pension.  Then throw his ass in prison.

I fucking hate thieves.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 9:03:26 AM EDT
[#2]
"or tolerate those who do."
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 9:10:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Fuck letting him retire.  Kick his ass out and say bye bye to his pension.  Then throw his ass in prison.

I fucking hate thieves.

And this one wouldn't have even had the opportunity if someone who approved his expense reports had done the right thing the first time he pulled that crap.

They are just as culpable for just plain not doing their bloody job.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 9:13:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Google image search General William Ward.

He's gooing to keep his rank regardless of the Dempsey's recommendation.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 9:18:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Dempsey is CJCS, not Sec Army.  He's a good man and is trying to keep the military out of the political fray to include retirees that use their previous rank for effect.

Ward is a douche that was put in Africom because he's black. Funny thing is that Africans normally see American blacks as sub standard and detest them. In this case I guess they were right.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 10:09:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Dempsey is CJCS, not Sec Army.  He's a good man and is trying to keep the military out of the political fray to include retirees that use their previous rank for effect.

Ward is a douche that was put in Africom because he's black. Funny thing is that Africans normally see American blacks as sub standard and detest them. In this case I guess they were right.

correc...joint chiefs....by bad.  chief of staff of the army is Odinero...

dempsy has shown his ass one too many times on the wrong side and is allowing himself to be pulled into the minutia.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 10:12:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Hmm, some people who knew Ward seem to disagree with you about such things.

I’ll say here that I still consider William Ward my friend because of the impact he had on my career over the years. He was my battalion executive officer back in the Cottonbalers and our paths crossed again at Fort Drum when he was a brigade commander. Aside from being a fine infantry officer, one of the finest I’ve ever known, he was a friend to soldiers of all ranks.

However, as in every thing else I’ve seen, Dempsey is wrong on this. If he thinks those soldiers who burned Korans and the Marines who urinated on corpses deserve to be reduced in rank, then if General Ward is guilty, he should face the same punishment as those other folks under General Dempsey. Since Ward will be retiring, it will have little impact on him, but it will send a message that folks who do bad things will be punished. Not reducing Ward’s rank will send a message to the ranks that some animals are more equal than others, to borrow from Orwell.

http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=32258

So, apparently he was a good man once. Of course, that doesn't matter now.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 10:29:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Dempsey is also a supporter of the Law of the Sea Treaty.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 12:54:34 PM EDT
[#9]
who is house/senate chairman of arm forces committee
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 2:32:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Find out how long this shit has been going on and retire him at whatever rank he held when he started these shenanigans.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 2:35:03 PM EDT
[#11]
All good OP but I'm in the belly of the beast. I have met him and briefed him on more than one occasion. I trust his judgement.  But you do have a point on the 4 star club....in fact most GOs are teflon. Nature of the beast I guess.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 2:55:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Google image search General William Ward.

He's gooing to keep his rank regardless of the Dempsey's recommendation.

exactly.
he should have a badge on his uniform that says "Good to go, Regardless".
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:07:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I knew DTS was going to be trouble.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top