Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2012 4:55:02 AM EDT
this crap

Friend posted it, told her that her first mistake was believing anything put out by the insanely biased DU, then her libtard sister tells me to fact check it, as she did. I really want to call her a fucking retard who has been sleeping under a rock as she clearly just believes what she reads in pretty pictures as she mouth breathes on her computer monitor, but not come off as a douchebag. thoughts?

ETA: my response a few posts down.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:04:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Get a load of the sources of the "facts."

Oh, yeah, THEY are in possession of the facts. Sure, Pal.

Please, DU, knock it the hell off; ya'll are being willfully ignorant here.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:05:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Just let it go. She's not going to convince you to vote for Obama and you're not going to convince her to vote for Romney. Just forget it and move on with life.

I don't see why people get so worked up over trying to argue that "their guy" won the debate.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:07:02 AM EDT
[#3]
just need to resister factcheck.com and make it show unbiased comparisons.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:08:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Fact checks are bullshit.  Just as biased as everything else.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:09:50 AM EDT
[#5]
It's all they got man, show some compassion for the poor folks.....    On the other hand you cant fix stupid nor can you persuade it to your side so let slide arguing will only get you a migrane.......
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:14:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Isn't fact check.org owned by George soros, who not only has openly stated he is trying to take down the US, but has donated snot (lol auto correct, ment to say donated heavily) to obamas campaign.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:17:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Well shit - coming from those esteemed sources - it has to be legit.

fucking liberal cock-gobblers. I wish they would all die on fire.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 5:59:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It's all they got man, show some compassion for the poor folks.....    On the other hand you cant fix stupid nor can you persuade it to your side so let slide arguing will only get you a migrane.......

it just bother me the sit on their high horse and think they know everything because they saw it on a website without any research at all, and think if a site is called factcheck that it is unbiased truth.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 6:02:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Explain to us again why you're wasting your time arguing on Facebook, and then getting upset because the people you know are intellectually incapable of objective thought when it comes to American politics.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 6:04:41 AM EDT
[#10]
So some columnist writes an opinion piece or an editorial and they cite it as being the "opinion" of CNN, NYT, WP or whatever.

I've read the opinion pieces since Wednsday too.

It's just another opinion carrying the papers or websites name in that pic  unless they can back their claims up with stats and figures.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 6:04:58 AM EDT
[#11]
But, they don't account for BHO's lies.

The "5 trillion tax cut and $2 trillion in defense spending" - which zero repeated 402 times

It is a debate, they will both get figures wrong - but BHO had flat out lies about Romney's positions.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 6:11:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Isn't fact check.org owned by George soros, who not only has openly stated he is trying to take down the US, but has donated snot (lol auto correct, ment to say donated heavily) to obamas campaign.

the most i can find towards that claim is that when cheney incorrectly sited factcheck.org as factcheck.com, the owner of which saw a rapid increase in traffic and immediately redirected the website to soros website.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 6:11:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Seems legit.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 6:12:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Not only that, but BusHitler the Smirking Chimp blew up the space shuttle to distract the American people from his terrible State of the Union address performance.

Yeah, DU is funny.  They say all sorts of stuff.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 6:24:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
this crap

http://upload.democraticunderground.com/imgs/home/121004-winning-a-debate-romney-style.jpg

Friend posted it, told her that her first mistake was believing anything put out by the insanely biased DU, then her libtard sister tells me to fact check it, as she did. I really want to call her a fucking retard who has been sleeping under a rock as she clearly just believes what she reads in pretty pictures as she mouth breathes on her computer monitor, but not come off as a douchebag. thoughts?

I would just like to point out that you do yourself NO favors in an argument by using derogatory comments and foul language.

That's my thought to your point, whatever it was.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 6:24:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Toss this one at them:

The picture does not have a single credible source listed.  Try again and get back to me when you can regain a premise that has a foundation.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 6:27:42 AM EDT
[#17]

Romney smoked Obama.

Everyone saw it, and everyone knows it.

They can try and spin it afterwards, Obama can get his teleprompters and say everything he didn't say on Wed night, they can make cute little pictures...but...

Romney smoked Obama.

That's the only fact that matters.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 6:30:52 AM EDT
[#18]
This has become my default reaction to Democrats who are mad about the debate:

They're mad because they know that Obama phoned it in and are trying desperately to spin it to something else.
What I find funny about 99% of the stuff that gets said, posted, printed, etc about this election is that none of it is going to change anyone's mind. The people who are mad because 'Romney is going to kill Big Bird" or "the Republican Party wants women barefoot and in the kitchen" were going to vote for Barry anyway.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 6:36:07 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

. thoughts?

Get off of fakebook and stop associating with idiots?

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 6:40:41 AM EDT
[#20]
That poster looks like it is from a bad movie that is using quotes to try and make it look good.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 7:01:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Explain to us again why you're wasting your time arguing on Facebook, and then getting upset because the people you know are intellectually incapable of objective thought when it comes to American politics.

mental work on my part. by debunking their claims with facts, i am educating myself.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 7:09:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 7:12:35 AM EDT
[#23]
The original AP fact checking article that was posted here was more Romney sided than Obama. Lead with that.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 9:12:30 AM EDT
[#24]
My response:

First off, lets look at what DU is. A message board. Nothing more. So called “facts” from that site are merely posts which are the opinions from regular people who have obvious political affiliations but no actual credit to themselves as unbiased.

Another thing. Fact check on your own! Do not rely on “fact checking” websites to do the work for you. Hell, don’t even take what I present as truth, do the research yourself. Look at the raw statistics released by these departments and even research where those numbers really came from.

Now, lets explore factcheck.org. This website does not represent truth, or facts. This site in fact has backed the left for years. Hell, I can go start a website today called nothingbutunbiasedtruth.com and spread false information all day. It doesn’t mean it is legitimate. Also, just because a website is followed by a .org instead of a .com doesn’t make it all innocent and factual . That picture doesn’t have a single credible source listed on any of the comments.

Now, rather than break up all the “news” agencies comments on the debate, it can be summed up in one comment. Some columnist at that paper/agency writes an OPINION about the debate and credits it as “news” and claims it as the stance of said news agency. Nothing more. If you were even half awake while watching the debate you would have seen for yourself Romney destroy Obama on every topic. By the way it is worth mentioning I do not like Romney in the least. I agree with his stance on most ISSUES. Which is more that can be said for most Obama voters. Most will vote for him because they “like” him, and really don’t know anything about his stances or policies.

Next is Think Progress. They are owned by the Center for American Progress Action Fund. Further digging reveals that they themselves describe their organizations mission as “Our mission is to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing and advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders throughout the country and the world.” The key word that jumps out of this statement, mentioned twice, is “progressive”. Related schools of thought associated with progressivism: Modern Liberalism. Now who is the president and CEO of the Center for American Progress Action Fund? Tom Perriello. How does he describe himself? “Unapologetic Progressive”. So, how is it that someone like this can run a company and website that claims to be non-biased? Hitler could be running PBS, and you can bet that there would be subtle Anti-Semitic themes occurring in children’s programs.

Now we move on to David Gergen. Senior political analyst for CNN. He is quoted as saying “Romney was just sort of flat-out lying”. This is a blatant misquote. The only video proof I have been able to find on this is a 19 second clip on youtube. I would love to see the rest of the video, so we can hear his statement in its entirety. The fact that the only video alluding to this quote is only 19 seconds long and picks up just long enough for those words to be heard leads me to believe there is more to the story. What he actually says is that “he(Obama) was so surprised that he(Obama) THOUGHT Romney was flat-out lying”, if you bothered to actually listen to the video.

All in all, that is the kind of “fact checking” done by DU. Some clueless people do quick google searches, most likely with the key words “Romney” and “liar” and copy and paste the first thing to come up. Additionally, I am not outright bashing any of these people or organizations. Some have done great things to improve situations of all types and manners. As an example, Tom Perriello helped expand GI Bill benefits, and helped protect veterans from foreclosures. And there is nothing wrong with that. That doesn’t make him a saint, nor does it make him “un-partisan”. I would also like to point out that the same people who blindly believe the statements in that picture are the same ones who swear that Sarah Palin said “I can see Russian from my house”.  Actually this line was said by Tina Fay during a SNL skit. But, people often associate satire with news, and if it makes their desired leader look good, will run with it as if it was the rock solid truth.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 9:17:24 AM EDT
[#25]
If your goal is to win an election, it's not to tell the "truth", it's to say whatever gets you the most votes.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 9:18:42 AM EDT
[#26]
I know for sure that the "mostly fiction" quote from CNN there was actually in reference to statements Obama made about Romney.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 9:19:15 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 9:24:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
My response:

First off, lets look at what DU is. A message board. Nothing more. So called “facts” from that site are merely posts which are the opinions from regular people who have obvious political affiliations but no actual credit to themselves as unbiased.

Another thing. Fact check on your own! Do not rely on “fact checking” websites to do the work for you. Hell, don’t even take what I present as truth, do the research yourself. Look at the raw statistics released by these departments and even research where those numbers really came from.

Now, lets explore factcheck.org. This website does not represent truth, or facts. This site in fact has backed the left for years. Hell, I can go start a website today called nothingbutunbiasedtruth.com and spread false information all day. It doesn’t mean it is legitimate. Also, just because a website is followed by a .org instead of a .com doesn’t make it all innocent and factual . That picture doesn’t have a single credible source listed on any of the comments.

Now, rather than break up all the “news” agencies comments on the debate, it can be summed up in one comment. Some columnist at that paper/agency writes an OPINION about the debate and credits it as “news” and claims it as the stance of said news agency. Nothing more. If you were even half awake while watching the debate you would have seen for yourself Romney destroy Obama on every topic. By the way it is worth mentioning I do not like Romney in the least. I agree with his stance on most ISSUES. Which is more that can be said for most Obama voters. Most will vote for him because they “like” him, and really don’t know anything about his stances or policies.

Next is Think Progress. They are owned by the Center for American Progress Action Fund. Further digging reveals that they themselves describe their organizations mission as “Our mission is to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing and advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders throughout the country and the world.” The key word that jumps out of this statement, mentioned twice, is “progressive”. Related schools of thought associated with progressivism: Modern Liberalism. Now who is the president and CEO of the Center for American Progress Action Fund? Tom Perriello. How does he describe himself? “Unapologetic Progressive”. So, how is it that someone like this can run a company and website that claims to be non-biased? Hitler could be running PBS, and you can bet that there would be subtle Anti-Semitic themes occurring in children’s programs.

Now we move on to David Gergen. Senior political analyst for CNN. He is quoted as saying “Romney was just sort of flat-out lying”. This is a blatant misquote. The only video proof I have been able to find on this is a 19 second clip on youtube. I would love to see the rest of the video, so we can hear his statement in its entirety. The fact that the only video alluding to this quote is only 19 seconds long and picks up just long enough for those words to be heard leads me to believe there is more to the story. What he actually says is that “he(Obama) was so surprised that he(Obama) THOUGHT Romney was flat-out lying”, if you bothered to actually listen to the video.

All in all, that is the kind of “fact checking” done by DU. Some clueless people do quick google searches, most likely with the key words “Romney” and “liar” and copy and paste the first thing to come up. Additionally, I am not outright bashing any of these people or organizations. Some have done great things to improve situations of all types and manners. As an example, Tom Perriello helped expand GI Bill benefits, and helped protect veterans from foreclosures. And there is nothing wrong with that. That doesn’t make him a saint, nor does it make him “un-partisan”. I would also like to point out that the same people who blindly believe the statements in that picture are the same ones who swear that Sarah Palin said “I can see Russian from my house”.  Actually this line was said by Tina Fay during a SNL skit. But, people often associate satire with news, and if it makes their desired leader look good, will run with it as if it was the rock solid truth.

Nice
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 9:25:39 AM EDT
[#29]
One of the fact checkers claimed that Romney's question about China was not factual. He said something like, "Do we want to borrow money from China for that?"

The fact check noted that China controls 8% of our debt and then labelled the statement as not factual.

But it was a rhetorical question, not a statement. Naturally he chose the biggest bogeyman, but the question is if we are borrowing money to pay expenses.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 9:30:27 AM EDT
[#30]
I remember when Maddow said "I don't think we can pick a clear winner here", which means 0bama got his ass kicked hard. Now they're trying to make up whatever excuses they can. The left is delusional and deranged.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 9:35:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 9:39:27 AM EDT
[#32]

This was in my email box this morning. Have the retard chick dispute this:

Where
were you on January 3, 2007  When Obama, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, Barney
Frank and Chris Dodd took control of the congress and the leadership of the
financial entities within.

Read
this slowly......it's not long............but think about it!

DO YOU REMEMBER JANUARY
 3, 2007?

Some people have short memories….. This email probably
 explains it better and more clearly.  

This is NOT a political
 message, but rather a clarification to remind us all of the correct facts.

Remember
 that on October 9, 2007,
11 months before our "economic crisis”
 occurred
(that was actually created), the Dow hit its highest point
 ever, closing at 14,164.53 and reaching 14,198.10 intra-day level 2 days
 later.  Unemployment was steady at 4.7%.  But things were already
 being put in place to create the havoc we’ve all been experiencing since
 then.  And it all started, as this email explains, on January 3, 2007.

This tells the story, why Bush was so "bad” at the end of his term.

Don't just skim over this, it's not very long, read it slowly and let it
 sink in. If in doubt, check it out!!!

The day the
 Democrats took over was not January 22nd 2009, it was actually January 3rd
 2007, which was the day the Democrats took over the House of Representatives
 and the Senate, at the very start of the 110th Congress

The Democrat Party controlled a majority in both chambers for the
 first time since the end of the 103rd Congress in 1995.

For those who are listening to the liberals propagating the fallacy that
 everything is "Bush's Fault", think about this:

January
 3rd, 2007 was the day the Democrats took over the Senate and the Congress.

At the time:

The DOW Jones closed at 12,621.77

The GDP for the previous quarter was 3.5%

The Unemployment rate was 4.6%

George Bush's Economic policies SET A RECORD of 52 STRAIGHT MONTHS of
 JOB GROWTH

Remember the day...

January 3rd, 2007 was the day that Barney
 Frank
took over the House Financial Services Committee and Chris Dodd took over the
 Senate Banking Committee.  The economic meltdown that happened 15 months
 later was in what part of the economy?  BANKING AND FINANCIAL SERVICES!

Unemployment... to this CRISIS by (among MANY other things) dumping 5-6
 TRILLION Dollars of toxic loans on the economy from YOUR Fannie Mae and
 Freddie Mac FIASCOES!

Bush asked Congress 17 TIMES to stop Fannie & Freddie - starting in 2001
 because it was financially risky for the US economy.

And who took the THIRD highest pay-off from Fannie Mae AND Freddie Mac?
 OBAMA  And who fought against reform of Fannie and Freddie? OBAMA and
 the Democrat Congress.

So when
 someone tries to blame Bush.  REMEMBER JANUARY 3rd, 2007.... THE DAY THE
 DEMOCRATS TOOK OVER!"

Budgets do not come from the White House. They come from Congress
 and the party that controlled Congress since January 2007 is the Democrat
 Party.

Furthermore,
the Democrats controlled the budget process for 2008 &
 2009 as well as 2010 & 2011.

In that first year, they had to contend with George Bush, which caused them
 to compromise on spending, when Bush somewhat belatedly got tough on spending
 increases.

For 2009 though,
Nancy Pelosi & Harry Reid bypassed George Bush entirely, passing continuing resolutions to keep government
 running until Barack Obama could take office. At that time, they passed a
 massive omnibus spending bill to complete the 2009 budgets.

And where was Barack Obama during
 this time?
He was a member of
 that very Congress that passed all of these massive spending bills, and he
 signed the omnibus bill as President to complete 2009.

If the Democrats inherited any
 deficit, it was the 2007 deficit
 the last of the Republican budgets.
That deficit was
 the lowest in five years, and the fourth straight decline in deficit funding.

After that, Democrats in Congress took control of spending, and that
 includes Barack Obama, who voted for the budgets.

If Obama inherited anything, he inherited it from himself. In a nutshell,
 what Obama is saying is
I inherited a deficit that I voted for and then I voted to expand
 that deficit four-fold since January 20th.

There
 is no way this will be widely publicized, unless each of us sends it on!

PLEASE DO YOUR PART !!!

=

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 9:42:45 AM EDT
[#33]
This is like believing the word of a crack dealer when he tells me crack is so awesome.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 9:43:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Everything that doesn't support their side of things is a lie to them.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 9:57:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
This was in my email box this morning. Have the retard chick dispute this:

Wherewere you on January 3, 2007  When Obama, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, BarneyFrank and Chris Dodd took control of the congress and the leadership of thefinancial entities within.

Readthis slowly......it's not long............but think about it!

DO YOU REMEMBER JANUARY  3, 2007?

Some people have short memories….. This email probably  explains it better and more clearly.  

This is NOT a political  message, but rather a clarification to remind us all of the correct facts.

Remember  that on October 9, 2007, 11 months before our "economic crisis”  occurred (that was actually created), the Dow hit its highest point  ever, closing at 14,164.53 and reaching 14,198.10 intra-day level 2 days  later.  Unemployment was steady at 4.7%.  But things were already  being put in place to create the havoc we’ve all been experiencing since  then.  And it all started, as this email explains, on January 3, 2007.  

This tells the story, why Bush was so "bad” at the end of his term.

Don't just skim over this, it's not very long, read it slowly and let it  sink in. If in doubt, check it out!!!

The day the  Democrats took over was not January 22nd 2009, it was actually January 3rd  2007, which was the day the Democrats took over the House of Representatives  and the Senate, at the very start of the 110th Congress.

The Democrat Party controlled a majority in both chambers for the  first time since the end of the 103rd Congress in 1995.

For those who are listening to the liberals propagating the fallacy that  everything is "Bush's Fault", think about this:

January  3rd, 2007 was the day the Democrats took over the Senate and the Congress.

At the time:
 The DOW Jones closed at 12,621.77
 The GDP for the previous quarter was 3.5%
 The Unemployment rate was 4.6%
 George Bush's Economic policies SET A RECORD of 52 STRAIGHT MONTHS of  JOB GROWTH

Remember the day...
 January 3rd, 2007 was the day that Barney  Frank took over the House Financial Services Committee and Chris Dodd took over the  Senate Banking Committee.  The economic meltdown that happened 15 months  later was in what part of the economy?  BANKING AND FINANCIAL SERVICES!

Unemployment... to this CRISIS by (among MANY other things) dumping 5-6  TRILLION Dollars of toxic loans on the economy from YOUR Fannie Mae and  Freddie Mac FIASCOES!

Bush asked Congress 17 TIMES to stop Fannie & Freddie - starting in 2001  because it was financially risky for the US economy.

And who took the THIRD highest pay-off from Fannie Mae AND Freddie Mac?  OBAMA  And who fought against reform of Fannie and Freddie? OBAMA and  the Democrat Congress.

So when  someone tries to blame Bush.  REMEMBER JANUARY 3rd, 2007.... THE DAY THE  DEMOCRATS TOOK OVER!"

Budgets do not come from the White House. They come from Congress  and the party that controlled Congress since January 2007 is the Democrat  Party.

Furthermore,
the Democrats controlled the budget process for 2008 &  2009 as well as 2010 & 2011.

In that first year, they had to contend with George Bush, which caused them  to compromise on spending, when Bush somewhat belatedly got tough on spending  increases.

For 2009 though,
Nancy Pelosi & Harry Reid bypassed George Bush entirely, passing continuing resolutions to keep government  running until Barack Obama could take office. At that time, they passed a  massive omnibus spending bill to complete the 2009 budgets.

And where was Barack Obama during  this time? He was a member of  that very Congress that passed all of these massive spending bills, and he  signed the omnibus bill as President to complete 2009.

If the Democrats inherited any  deficit, it was the 2007 deficit,  the last of the Republican budgets.
That deficit was  the lowest in five years, and the fourth straight decline in deficit funding.
 After that, Democrats in Congress took control of spending, and that  includes Barack Obama, who voted for the budgets.

If Obama inherited anything, he inherited it from himself. In a nutshell,  what Obama is saying is
I inherited a deficit that I voted for and then I voted to expand  that deficit four-fold since January 20th.

There  is no way this will be widely publicized, unless each of us sends it on!

PLEASE DO YOUR PART !!!

=

Tag
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 10:08:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Someone on facebook posted a fact check article fron usa today and it was hardly a factcheck but more like a Romney smear article Obama had one lie, Romney had 6 or 7.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 10:22:34 AM EDT
[#37]
The lib-tards are in full shit-pants mode right now. They have ridden on obuttwhiff's coat tails for the last 6 years and terms like "you're just a racist" is all they have had to offer for replies.

The media has done a great disservice to the annointed one because they never vetted him, never challenged him, never tempered him...and now he's about as defenseless as the Hawaiians were against the measles.

Be afraid, my little bitches...BE VERY AFRAID!
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 10:26:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wherewere you on January 3, 2007  When Obama, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, BarneyFrank and Chris Dodd took control of the congress and the leadership of thefinancial entities within.

Never let a crisis go to waste ~Democratic New Party

Unhappy Anniversary: Dodd–Frank Hits the Terrible Twos
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 10:27:40 AM EDT
[#39]
All I remember is Romney countering all the lies Obama was spewing out

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 11:21:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Libs wouldn't be acting delusional now if Bush hadn't stole the election from Gore in 2000 with 537 votes. We wouldn't have scary rifles going to mexico or banana clips.

World peace, wind mills, green collar jobs and a fair share to each according to needs, no doubt

Bush's fault
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 11:23:27 AM EDT
[#41]
The fact of the matter is IF the media was DOING it's job this WOULDN'T have been the FIRST time that POTUS had to answer serious fucking questions about his policies.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 11:43:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The fact of the matter is IF the media was DOING it's job this WOULDN'T have been the FIRST time that POTUS had to answer serious fucking questions about his policies.

110%
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:31:25 PM EDT
[#43]
"Romney wins on style"

Well, at least they're admitting that Obama is no longer the cool guy. He certainly had less style, he certainly wasn't as smooth as Romeny the other night.

Quoted:

Romney had what, 20 primary debates or something? He's had to fend off criticism from traditional GOP conservatives concerned with his positions on abortion, gun control, and his record as MA governor. He's had to deal with a rising faction of libertarian-republicans. I think he even had to reassure some of the established party leaders that he was the right guy after they took the difficult primary as a sign he couldn't compete in the general.  All this from a party that lauded his healthcare compromise not too long ago, and in some ways has flipped a complete 180 from 2008.

Contrast this with Obama who's been pretty much insulated since he won the primary in 2008, and arguably since he began his political career. He has an extremely sympathetic media(Jon Stewart had to remind his audience that they were allowed to laugh at Obama), a comparatively unified party running defense for him and always ready with someone to take the fall. Let's not forget that Obama's last election opponent essentially folded his campaign and surrendered.

In hindsight it was inevitable that Obama would get waylaid during his first encounter with Romney.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:36:03 PM EDT
[#44]
You hotlinked a picture from DU?  Hopefully they won't change it to goatse or worse.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:40:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
You hotlinked a picture from DU?  Hopefully they won't change it to goatse or worse.  

good point. photobucket'd it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:45:57 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

good point. photobucket'd it.

Make your own, post it over there so other people to hotlink, then switch it out on them.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:46:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Never wrassle with a pig.

Fuck Obama and his idiot followers.

Fuck them with a bulldozer.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:51:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Uh, if Romney was lying so much and so often, why couldn't Obama call him on it?  Would have been an instant reversal "You just made a claim completely counter to your plan."

Oh, it's because Obama was lying too, he's incompetent and doesn't even know whether anything he or Romney says is true or not, and televised debates have little to do with facts and lots to do with whether you are enough of a grown up to negotiate with world powers.  

Guess what, Presidents often lie, stretch the truth, hide the truth, misrepresent the situation or history, exaggerate the future...  I don't know how else you can meet with the leaders of foreign nations who have absolutely no interest in the welfare of the country you represent and still come to any kind of agreement.

ETA:  And if the person who posted the original picture actually believes that anyone has stood up to participate in a presidential debate and not lied, then that person is beyond reason.  Especially when we're talking about a debate that involved a well-documented liar, Barack Obama, who won't even release his college records and openly posted a fake birth certificate on a government-owned website.  (I'm not a birther, but the certificate was fake).

ETA II:  BTW, Barack was the original Birther, since he claimed on his publicist bio that he was Kenyan-born.  So he's a birther AND a liar.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 4:06:23 PM EDT
[#49]
The entire Obama reelection strategy from here on out, is going to be paint Romney as a fake and a liar.
Straight up Alinsky.  We know who the fake and the liar is....  

It started with the O spearheading the ,attacks:

Obama added that Romney misled viewers during the debate because he “knows full well that we don’t want what he’s been selling for the last year."

Obama Calls Romney a Liar

Of course he could have called Romney out on stage, but the beating would have been twice as severe in the debate.

From here on until the election,the media, the libs, the trolls, etc. will be claiming liar liar.

Stupid people will believe it and repeat it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top