Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2012 3:36:52 AM EDT

STRAIGHT FROM THE NRA:

I'm proud to announce today that the NRA Political Victory Fund is endorsing Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan for President and Vice President of the United States.

Mitt Romney came to our annual NRA Leadership Forum earlier this year. He looked you, me and every one of our fellow NRA members straight in the eye and pledged to uphold and defend our Second Amendment freedoms.

Mitt Romney will appoint pro-Second Amendment judges to the Supreme Court...defend our sovereign Right to Keep and Bear Arms from the U.N. gun ban treaty...and protect our fundamental right to use a firearm in self-defense!

On the other hand, Barack Obama has spent his entire career trying to take away your freedom to own, use, and carry a firearm.

DON'T JUST SIT THERE COMPLAINING, MAKE A DIFFERENCE!  JOIN THE NRA TODAY!
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:38:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:53:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Because Romney has always supported firearms owners rights...

Prime example of supporting the 2A found here
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 3:58:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Because Romney has always supported firearms owners rights...]

As for Rand Paul and me, we are far more concerned about the immediate future than the long dead past. And you should be too, if you are a gun owner and enjoy freedom.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 4:04:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 4:07:34 AM EDT
[#5]
"That endorsement really changed my vote," said no one.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 4:10:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 4:17:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Hasn't the NRA run magazine articles trashing Obama every month for the last year or so? Seems like elaboration on the obvious to me . . .
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 4:27:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Didn't we just do this yesterday?  

Yes we did, with the usual NRA bashing and Obama support from the usual suspects.

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 4:36:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hasn't the NRA run magazine articles trashing Obama every month for the last year or so? Seems like elaboration on the obvious to me . . .

The NRA "trashing Obama"?  Didn't he just do that to himself???  

This posting wasn't for well informed NRA members, it was for those less well informed gun owners who don't yet understand that their gun rights will be protected by Romney or destroyed by Obama, depending entirely on which one is elected next month.  

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 6:37:59 AM EDT
[#10]
I predict that this is a "LAST CHANCE" election that will decided the fate of the 2nd Amendment forever.  So get out the vote for FREEDOM & GUN OWNERSHIP!  Vote straight Republican, because Demos are the enemy of the 2nd Amendmen.............all of them!  I know this for sure because I'm a former elected member of the Democratic Central Committee, and know what goes on behind their closed doors..
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 8:28:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Q: As governor you signed into law one of the toughest restrictions on assault weapons in the country.
A: Let’s get the record straight. First of all, there’s no question that I support 2nd Amendment rights, but I also support an assault weapon ban. Look, I’ve been governor in a pretty tough state. You’ve heard of blue states. In the toughest of blue states, I made the toughest decisions and did what was right for America. I have conservative values.
Source: 2007 Republican Debate in South Carolina , May 15, 2007

Q: Are you still for the Brady Bill?
A: The Brady Bill has changed over time, and, of course, technology has changed over time. I would have supported the original assault weapon ban. I signed an assault weapon ban as Massachusetts governor because it provided for a relaxation of licensing requirements for gun owners in Massachusetts, which was a big plus. And so both the pro-gun and the anti-gun lobby came together with a bill, and I signed that. And if there is determined to be, from time to time, a weapon of such lethality that it poses a grave risk to our law enforcement personnel, that’s something I would consider signing. There’s nothing of that nature that’s being proposed today in Washington. But I would look at weapons that pose extraordinary lethality.
Source: Meet the Press: 2007 “Meet the Candidates” series , Dec 16, 2007

The candidate reiterated his support for an assault weapons ban contained in Congress’ crime bill, and the Brady law which imposes a five-day waiting period on handgun purchases. ‘I don’t think (the waiting period) will have a massive effect on crime but I think it will have a positive effect,’ Romney said.
Source: Joe Battenfeld in Boston Herald , Aug 1, 1994
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 9:30:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Pro forma

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/6/2012 9:37:17 PM EDT
[#13]
If Romney says he won't change legislation, then I believe him.
Link Posted: 10/7/2012 5:32:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If Romney says he won't change legislation just the tip, then I believe him.

Link Posted: 10/7/2012 5:36:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Vote Romney, because we really don't need more Wise Latina's on the SCOTUS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top