Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/4/2012 1:39:54 PM EDT
Something from Walmart or Food City. We have some friends that always complain about our lack of hot sauce and I would like to burn their asses up.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 1:41:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Anything with "Hell" or "Ass" in the title should do it.

Link Posted: 10/4/2012 1:42:58 PM EDT
[#2]
357 Magnum is like napalm, it's a burn that keeps on burning. Dave's Insanity shouldn't be too hard to find. Just order some real hot sauce off the internet.

Link Posted: 10/4/2012 1:44:55 PM EDT
[#4]
dave's gourmet sauces ghost pepper sauce, I think food city carries that! that will kill if not diluted...
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 1:45:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Crazy Dave's Total Insanity is pretty widely available though not at Walmart. Unfortunately he's a big Obummer supporter but that shit is hot!
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 1:46:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't know what food city is, and I have yet to find a true hot sauce at anywhere like Walmart.  I do not consider Texas Pete or Franks Red Hot as hot sauces and that is about all they offer.  

Sriracha is actually probably the hottest sauce they sell, but it is a chile sauce
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 1:49:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Wal-mart where I lived carried Dave's Insanity Sauce.  This one doesn't.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 1:50:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I don't know what food city is, and I have yet to find a true hot sauce at anywhere like Walmart.  I do not consider Texas Pete or Franks Red Hot as hot sauces and that is about all they offer.  

Sriracha is actually probably the hottest sauce they sell, but it is a chile sauce

Who needs "hot sauce" when you have that?

I do use some habanero sauce from Trader Joe's that's pretty damn tasty though.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 1:56:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Maddog 357. Prepare ur Anus
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 2:03:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who needs "hot sauce" when you have that?

I do use some habanero sauce from Trader Joe's that's pretty damn tasty though.

pretty much the only thing i can think of readily available at a local store
plus its not that bad and even if you use it as a joke the "burn" goes away really quickly
unlike hot sauces with oils in them that really stick around
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 2:07:04 PM EDT
[#11]
 If you live in Virginia there must be a Food Lion near you. Get some El Yucateco chile habanero salsa picante hot sauce. That will light em up.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 2:08:51 PM EDT
[#12]
If you have a World Market in your area check them out...I bought some "After Death" sauce, Blair's...they make some edible hot sauce...
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 2:12:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
dave's gourmet sauces ghost pepper sauce, I think food city carries that! that will kill if not diluted...

It will burn the house down!!!!
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 2:13:35 PM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 10/4/2012 2:15:34 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Something from Walmart or Food City. We have some friends that always complain about our lack of hot sauce and I would like to burn their asses up.

Thanks.

Fuck them. If their only goal is heat they have a juvenile, unrefined palate.

Link Posted: 10/4/2012 2:17:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
 If you live in Virginia there must be a Food Lion near you. Get some El Yucateco chile habanero salsa picante hot sauce. That will light em up.

Yucateco is the hottest I see at regular stores.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 2:19:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Thanks.

You have to order online. Nothing in stores is all that hot.

Link Posted: 10/4/2012 2:20:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.

You have to order online. Nothing in stores is all that hot.

pretty much

Link Posted: 10/4/2012 2:23:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Do you actually not have any hot sauces in your house (such as Cholula, Tapatio, Sriracha) or are these people complaining that you don't have a super hot style?

If you don't have any hot sauces in your house then I agree with your friends.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 2:25:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yucateco is the hottest I see at regular stores.

Cost plus world market carries daves and a few others.  Nothing to write home about.
Dave's to me is like the gasoline of hot sauce, no flavor just burn and shitty burn at that.

Go online get some 357 it at least has flavor, or go pure cap not a flavor just heat and be VERY careful with it.
I add a drop or two to almost any soup but again be careful you can scorch the lining of your mouth all the way to your anus with it.
I once needed some heat to bust up a sinus issue, I went a bit to heavy and I was not enjoying life.  

Advice if you venture into oils, they do not dilute easy and stick around a long long long time.  Lemon, milk and dawn will not cut some of the upper end oils and if you have them on your finger and rub your eye or naughty bits you are going to hate life.
Also the Oils can at a certain SHU put people in the hospital with breathing issues so make damned sure if pranking they can handle the heat.

OP if you want to have a scorched earth policy just pay the cost and get something called the source or demon's blood.  DO NOT dump the shit in food but use a toothpick to add small amounts to food.  
I have heard stories of people going to the hospital due to a pin head sized drop with those.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 2:27:57 PM EDT
[#21]
tread lightly, I wouldn't just dump it on their food, in some sort of "sneak attack" I've seen people end up in the ER after eating that 357 shit. You don't really wanna kill your friends.... or do you?
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 2:28:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Around here, all you're going to find is:

Tabasco
Cholula
Texas Pete
Louisiana
Frank's Red Hot
Sriracha

Of those, obviously, Sriracha is the hottest. Franks is good on wings (if you can find the Extra Hot, which isn't).

Link Posted: 10/4/2012 2:28:35 PM EDT
[#23]
What is the world's hottest up to?  I understand the "ghost pepper" has been replaced with something even hotter??
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 2:30:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
What is the world's hottest up to?  I understand the "ghost pepper" has been replaced with something even hotter??

The trinidad moruga scorpion pepper.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 2:42:55 PM EDT
[#26]
The Kroger nearest to myself carries Daves Insanity. If you're ever just north of Cincy, OH, swing by Jungle Jims for their hot sauce collection.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 2:43:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

This
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 2:53:28 PM EDT
[#28]
I have these two but you need to get them online. Not really sauce though.

7.1 million and 5 million scovilles
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 2:56:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Dave's is pure heat

not much flavor, but you'll remember it
I keep a bottle on-hand
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 3:06:45 PM EDT
[#30]
If you want hot, go for the sauces that add pure capsaicin to them, in addition to the ghost/habanero/whatever peppers.  You're not going to find anything like that at Walmart or Food City.  Although if you want just moderate heat, "Bufalo" brand Chipotle is good, and Wally's probably has it.

Anyway, if you want to burn them up, here is a list that should help you out.

Link Posted: 10/4/2012 3:15:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Capsaicin is Capsaicin

Light 'em up.

Link Posted: 10/4/2012 3:35:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Mad Dog 357 has ruined a lot of good food.

Use with caution.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 3:44:59 PM EDT
[#33]
4M SHU...

Hottest mass-produced thing I've found.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 3:50:52 PM EDT
[#34]
I get El Yucateco Chile Habenero at my Walmart.  I like the red, the green is too much for me.  About 8 drops in a bowl of tomato soup is awesome.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 3:58:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Dave's Insanity - good flavor too...but go light on it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 4:16:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Thanks guys. I don't have time to order anything before they come to stay with us on Saturday.

Don't worry I would never sneak it in on them, they will do it to themselves.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 5:38:24 PM EDT
[#37]

This is about as hot as I've had that didn't have capsaicin extract as an ingredient.

Capsaicin extract has a nasty flavor.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 5:39:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Tobacco sauce...

Link Posted: 10/4/2012 5:43:34 PM EDT
[#39]
DaBomB
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 5:47:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Guatemalan Insanity Pepper

Link Posted: 10/4/2012 5:55:12 PM EDT
[#41]
eating should not be a painful experience..why are people into this shit ?
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 5:55:43 PM EDT
[#42]
What's the point?
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 5:58:55 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

357 Magnum is like napalm, it's a burn that keeps on burning. Dave's Insanity shouldn't be too hard to find. Just order some real hot sauce off the internet.  

Dave's Insanity Sauce had such a reputation for being a killer.   Then I actually tried some.

I found it to be tasty and a tiny bit spicy.  Nothing to work up a sweat over.

It was at that point that I realized that my tolerance for hot peppers is a bit higher than I imagined.

Link Posted: 10/4/2012 6:00:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Dave's Insanity - good flavor too...but go light on it.

Real light, like a quarter teaspoon on five quarts of chili.  It's hot.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 6:03:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Mad Dog 357 has ruined a lot of good food.

Use with caution.

I like it on meatball subs!  It is about the hottest that I can handle though.  

Link Posted: 10/4/2012 6:06:40 PM EDT
[#46]
daves is hotter than anyone i know can handle. yucateco is actually mild enough to put on food and not have to throw it away.
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 1:46:32 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

daves is hotter than anyone i know can handle. yucateco is actually mild enough to put on food and not have to throw it away.

Like I said earlier, I tried Dave's and found it to be tasty and amusing.  It wasn't really very hot at all.   But, I wasn't using large quantities of it, either.

Or, possibly, the dispenser was incorrectly labelled.  This was at a Tijuana Flats restaurant, where they feature about 15 different hot sauces on tap and

they cycle through various types on a regular basis.

CJ

Link Posted: 10/5/2012 1:53:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Crazy Dave's Total Insanity is pretty widely available though not at Walmart. Unfortunately he's a big Obummer supporter but that shit is hot!

Well he does have CRAZY in his name......
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 2:13:33 PM EDT
[#49]
so what is the hottest sauce you can put on a burrito and still enjoy it? I usually put a healthy line of sriracha down the middle but I'm ready to take a step forward
Link Posted: 10/5/2012 2:20:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
eating should not be a painful experience..why are people into this shit ?

I have to agree with this.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top