Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2012 11:27:42 AM EDT
I used this termn today with a friend who had no idea what it ment.
are you familiar with the term?
Yes/no
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 11:28:19 AM EDT
[#1]
IBTP

And yes.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 11:32:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Do you mean stacking swivel?

This thing:  

Used for this:

If so then yes I know what it is.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 11:35:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I think Im more familiar with it than you are.

"stacking swivel"
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 11:36:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

"stacking swivel"

This. If you asked me if I knew what a Stacking Swivel was I would say yes, but a Stack and Swivel??  Nope.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 11:38:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

"stacking swivel"

This. If you asked me if I knew what a Stacking Swivel was I would say yes, but a Stack and Swivel??  Nope.

Reminds me of the old rangemaster out at the public range who would refer to the "Lansing grooves" inside a rifle barrel.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 11:38:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

"stacking swivel"

I just assumed he meant stacking swivel.....perhaps my answer was premature.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 11:39:17 AM EDT
[#7]
I love threads.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 11:39:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Maybe "stack and swivel" is like "sit on it and rotate"?  Got something to tell us, OP?  What are your feelings on Janneke?
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 11:41:19 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Reminds me of the old rangemaster out at the public range who would refer to the "Lansing grooves" inside a rifle barrel.

took a sec

Link Posted: 10/4/2012 11:44:46 AM EDT
[#10]
I always thought it meant " I am going to break your neck"

That was the impression I got when I pissed off dad.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 12:58:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Probably because he used it like, "If you don't knock that shit off, I'm going to grab you by the stacking swivel."
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 1:00:12 PM EDT
[#12]
I know what a stacking swivel is, but I assumed the OP was referring to yet another disgusting practice from Urban Dictionary.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 1:17:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Ok, I'm in to find out if it was in fact the op who didn't actually know what he was talking about. I have no idea what "stack and swivel" is, and when i googled it the first hit was a spice rack.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 1:23:33 PM EDT
[#14]
I have used it repeatedly on my 8 year old son. He gets it, everyone else, not so much.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 1:25:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"stacking swivel"

I though a laptop was a "lab-top" till i was probably 25

Link Posted: 10/4/2012 1:29:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I know what a stacking swivel is, but I assumed the OP was referring to yet another disgusting practice from Urban Dictionary.

Usually a safe bet
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 1:33:57 PM EDT
[#17]

I did find this:

"Stack and Swivel
(US) Originally parts of a military-issue rifle (swivel is still there, the sling is hung on two swivels; the stack was a small protuberance used to hook the rifles together when stacking arms).

Now used to refer to a male soldier's private parts, and always used in the phrase "pick you up by your stack and swivel" to connote that the speaker, usually a DI, metaphorically intends to bodily move you from one place to another.

Example: "Son, if you don't move pronto, I'm gonna pick you up by your stack and swivel and put you in the proper position of attention."

http://www.twilight1984.com/Main.aspx?PageID=411
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 1:36:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Pfft.

Link Posted: 10/4/2012 1:39:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I used this termn today with a friend who had no idea what it ment.
are you familiar with the term?
Yes/no

Link Posted: 10/4/2012 1:41:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Is that like "Sit on it and rotate"?  Potsy?
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 2:02:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably because he used it like, "If you don't knock that shit off, I'm going to grab you by the stacking swivel."

Yeah something like that He is a great man, I love and respect the old leatherneck more than
anyone else I have met.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 2:07:18 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"stacking swivel"

This would be my answer as well.

Link Posted: 10/4/2012 2:21:01 PM EDT
[#23]

Is this some kind of homo trick question?

I still don't get it.

Link Posted: 10/4/2012 4:33:24 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats funny shit. My Dad used to tell me he would snatch me up by my stacking swivel and slap the snot out of me.

Link Posted: 10/4/2012 4:35:42 PM EDT
[#25]
I can ony swivel. I can't stack.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 4:47:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Yeah, like a 'reverse cowgirl'?
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 5:16:27 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I did find this:

"Stack and Swivel

(US) Originally parts of a military-issue rifle (swivel is still there, the sling is hung on two swivels; the stack was a small protuberance used to hook the rifles together when stacking arms).

Now used to refer to a male soldier's private parts, and always used in the phrase "pick you up by your stack and swivel" to connote that the speaker, usually a DI, metaphorically intends to bodily move you from one place to another.

Example: "Son, if you don't move pronto, I'm gonna pick you up by your stack and swivel and put you in the proper position of attention."

http://www.twilight1984.com/Main.aspx?PageID=411

Whoever wrote that should Not write about guns. The proper term is stacking swivel.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top