Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/3/2012 8:10:43 PM EDT
I want Obama out of office so bad I can hardly stand it... After feeling pretty down about Mitt's chances, after tonight I;m feeling enthused.

Link Posted: 10/3/2012 8:11:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought Mitt had a pretty good chance anyway.

Historically, Obama has a lot of negative indicators for reelection.

But that outstanding debate performance didn't hurt.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 8:12:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope.  We are still fucked either way.
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 8:12:33 PM EDT
[#3]
NO!  This shit will be blown so out of proportion it aint even funny buy election time.  Tonight only excited those of us who already plan on Mittens, BHO's base gives a shit about a debate they will vote accordingly.
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 8:12:59 PM EDT
[#4]
As long as he keeps delivering knockout blows and doesn't let him up for air.
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 8:13:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Slightly better after that verbal beat down.
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 8:13:36 PM EDT
[#6]
If he can do this 2 more times he will win. So yes, I feel better now then I did going into it.

what really shocked me was the media was in such shock that they could not spin it. I also thought the Mod, did a good job of letting them spar.
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 8:15:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If he can do this 2 more times he will win. So yes, I feel better now then I did going into it.

what really shocked me was the media was in such shock that they could not spin it. I also thought the Mod, did a good job of letting them spar.

Really?  Leeehhhhrrrrrr flat out prompted Obama a few times, and Big O still looked lost and confused.  

I've seen worse moderating, but it was by no means well moderated.
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 8:16:06 PM EDT
[#8]
mitt obliterated hussein tonight!  it was delightful and long overdue!
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 8:16:35 PM EDT
[#9]
There are still tons of statement makers who care about themselves more than the country, and will vote for someone not even on the ballot. There are self proclaimed expert analysts, and those who wont vote. How you can think Romney and Obama are the same is beyond me... But opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one.
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 8:17:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Slight uptick.  Far from a certainty.
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 8:17:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Only way this makes a difference is if it increase turnout on "our" side.  Romney looked good, though...was impressed.

Link Posted: 10/3/2012 8:17:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

My point exactly. If you read my above post.

"There are still tons of statement makers who care about themselves more than the country, and will vote for someone not even on the ballot. There are self proclaimed expert analysts, and those who wont vote. How you can think Romney and Obama are the same is beyond me... But opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one."
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 8:18:15 PM EDT
[#13]
I still don't think that it really matters.  The sad reality is, all of the voters out there that will vote based off what free-be's that will be handed to them.  These are the folks who will decide who win this election.  I hope that I am wrong.
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 8:20:04 PM EDT
[#14]
It'll still come down to a 49.9% to 50.1% decision.  They'll have cows, dead people, zombies, people dress up as famous people in history, etc. to make sure the final percent will be as close as possible for both parties.
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 8:21:20 PM EDT
[#15]
I hope I am wrong, but I see Romney still losing this election
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 8:21:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

"There are still tons of statement makers who care about themselves more than the country, and will vote for someone not even on the ballot. There are self proclaimed expert analysts, and those who wont vote. How you can think Romney and Obama are the same is beyond me... But opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one."

I will proudly wear the badge of "asshole" if that is what people who think Mitt Romney or obongo are quality candidates call everyone who disagrees.
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 8:22:02 PM EDT
[#17]
I've been saying all along that the polls don't mean shit until the debates.  I feel much better knowing that the first debate was an absolute ass whipping.  I think Romney would win regardless, but still.

Link Posted: 10/3/2012 8:23:50 PM EDT
[#18]
I feel much better.

I was waiting for Romney to take off the gloves and he did tonight. I can't wait for the VP debates.
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 8:24:45 PM EDT
[#19]
This is far from over.
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 8:24:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Intrade had a 9 point shift towards Romney just over the past 3 hours.  

If nothing else, its a pretty clear indication of who people thought won the debate.
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 8:25:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Much better, but I'm worried about that Romney is going to inherent including inflation  

Link Posted: 10/3/2012 8:25:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will proudly wear the badge of "asshole" if that is what people who think Mitt Romney or obongo are quality candidates call everyone who disagrees.

Didnt say that... I said specifically that people say they are the same. I said nothing about quality. You have two choices. Romney, or Obama. Pick the lesser of the 2... OR... Do your analisys, decide 3rd party or not voting, and thus you support Obama. Ths is not the time to grandstand, the country is at stake.
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 8:29:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I hope I am wrong, but I see Romney still losing this election

Romney could win every debate and be 100% accurate, it doesn't matter, people stick to their guns. Nah..Romney..he's too rich..too out of touch, it doesn't matter people will vote for whoever they wanted to vote for in the get go.  

Very few people are true independent voters.
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 8:31:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
You have two choices. Romney, or Obama. Pick the lesser of the 2... OR... Do your analisys, decide 3rd party or not voting, and thus you support Obama. Ths is not the time to grandstand, the country is at stake.

How in the world is saying something like "decide 3rd party or not voting, and thus you support Obama" not a personal attack and thereby against the CoC?!  
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 8:35:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

How in the world is saying something like "decide 3rd party or not voting, and thus you support Obama" not a personal attack and thereby against the CoC?!  

really?  
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 8:37:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

really?  

To be fair calling someone an obongo supporter is a serious fucking insult.

It would bother me more than being called a pussy, faggot, bitch, etc.
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 8:38:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

True, but that's not really how the rules work.
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 8:42:43 PM EDT
[#28]
I find it really hard to believe Obama can be reelected.  Te poll have been awful but I know the media is completely on Obama's side.

So I haven't been worried.  If Obama is re-elected, I am really going to be freaked out.
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 8:52:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

really?  

lol

Pick one and we'll go with it,

Link Posted: 10/3/2012 8:55:44 PM EDT
[#30]
I feel better.  

I want that SOB out of there.
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 8:57:41 PM EDT
[#31]
If Romney does this well in all the debates, then yes, but otherwise, I don't think he'll get a big enough bump from this ONE debate to change much.

Link Posted: 10/3/2012 8:57:54 PM EDT
[#32]
I have not seen a single dem who was excited about the debate tonight. But I just saw a pole asking who won, 58/42 romney. how can 42% think Obama won?
its almost 47% anyhow... that would make sense. :D
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 8:58:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Yes but as someone else said, it aint over by a long shot.

All Obama has to do is kinda do well in one debate and the press will label it as "Obama Comes Roaring Back!"
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 8:58:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
If Romney does this well in all the debates, then yes, but otherwise, I don't think he'll get a big enough bump from this ONE debate to change much.  

Yep.
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 9:01:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Massive Diesels started up about halfway through that debate.

The massive Dem spin machine will be running WFO by 0600 in the morning, and the slander and lies, as well as lunacy will be at a fever pitch from here on out.

ANYTHING the Libs think might derail Mittens, will get hurled through the MSM!

If I was an Older dude retired to Florida, I'd be jerking the phone out of the wall, duct taping the mailbox shut and greasing the front porch.
There WILL be a disinformation ONSLAUGHT as well as massive voter fraud efforts initiated in the morning.

Pop the P-Mag covers. This ain't over by a long shot.
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 9:04:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Part of me wants to think it is a ploy so there is a crescendo of Obama support generated by the media right before the election.  The media could have named him the winner if they wanted to.  They have done it before when it was clear that the R won the debate, and they will do it again.  I think they might have picked Romney so Obama is now the underdog.
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 9:05:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Both of them are turds. Im going to waste my vote on mitt
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 9:06:31 PM EDT
[#38]
YES!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 9:09:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I find it really hard to believe Obama can be reelected.  Te poll have been awful but I know the media is completely on Obama's side.

So I haven't been worried.  If Obama is re-elected, I am really going to be freaked out.

Fox has always supported Republicans and CNN/MSNBC have always supported Democrats.  This "media supports so and so" is utter nonsense.  If you belong to one party certain networks cover you favorably and if you belong to the other party, the other networks cover you favorably.  I just don't get the koolaid you guys drink in thinking all media collectively supports one mainstream candidate and is against the other.
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 9:12:26 PM EDT
[#40]
A little. I'm not counting my chickens before they hatch. We'll see in the next few days if optimism is warranted.
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 9:21:01 PM EDT
[#41]
I was very concerned for Mittens.  There was reason to be pessimistic.

I wanted him to take the Gloves... er... Mittens... off.

I didn't watch the debates, because the bullshit gets my blood pressure up, and I have a lot of other shit to deal with right now, and I just don't want to.

But... all the libs went nuts on Facebook.  It was impressive.  They were panicking.  

And even the far-left is admitting that Mitt won.  So... he won BIG.  They aren't even going to try to spin it that he didn't.

The Moderator is going down, hard, in the Lib media.  They're going to blame him.  And the next Moderator is going to take it out on Mitt.  So Mitt needs to keep it up.

The facts are on his side.  He knows that.  Obama knows that.  The major concern is if the media, as a whole, chooses to acknowledge that.  I'm still concerned that they'll try, even harder, to throw this election to Obama. Because we know they want to.

But I'm less convinced they'll be successful.
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 9:26:24 PM EDT
[#42]
The CNN folks (not all, but the usual suspects) attributed Mitt's A+ performance to great preparation. Of course that never hurts, but a business genius will kick the shit out of a community organizer (social engineer) in an economics debate 10 times out of 10.

Link Posted: 10/3/2012 9:36:22 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your problem is you cannot even see just how good of a candidate Romney is. The man has man, many more accomplishments than 99.999% of Americans. Bain, the Olympics, Governor of Massachusetts all with outstanding results. This man has worked for most of the last two decades on public and church issues without taking any pay and doing an outstanding job. Face it the most important thing a man has is his time and Romney freely gives his time through the church supporting people in need. Massachusetts he just plain turned that fuckhole around. The negatives which you guys love to bring up are actually very positive as they were according to the wishes of the residents of that state. Get it yet? The man represented his constituents, just like he will as president. Take off the blinders and look again at Mitt Romney, a fine American.

Link Posted: 10/3/2012 9:37:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Not really. It's still going to fucking suck to draw a line next to a rhino's name.
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 9:37:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Mitt did fantastic in the debate, but it's not over till it's over.
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 9:43:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Romney's debate win could possibly be attributed to great preparation. It also could be attributed to truth. When truth is presented confidently it will win out over emotional lies every time.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 5:46:01 AM EDT
[#47]
lol

Wookie Pie lovers representing in the poll.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 5:49:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Anyone who "feels better" after one debate doesn't understand how elections are won or lost.

A debate is NOT an election.

Link Posted: 10/4/2012 5:56:31 AM EDT
[#49]
When they said Romney and his wife had already showed up at the debate hall an hour before showtime gave me a feeling that Romney was going to smoke Obama.  He's a true business professional.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 6:08:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I thought Mitt had a pretty good chance anyway.

Historically, Obama has a lot of negative indicators for reelection.

But that outstanding debate performance didn't hurt.  

This
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top