Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2002 8:43:27 PM EDT
Big Bear's post got me thinking. What's the most odd ball mixed breed dog you've ever seen? A buddy of mine had a Basset/Rott mix. It was frightening to see. It looked like something from "The Island of Dr. Moreau." I always imagined one day it would jump up and shout "What is the Law!?!" I swear you would jump out of your skin if you saw it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 8:48:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Half Collie, half fox.

I would have shot it and called for backup if it hadn't been on a leash.

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 8:51:03 PM EDT
[#2]
A Bullshit....cross between a pitbull and a shitzu! [:D] Sorry couldn't pass it up!
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 8:53:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
A Bullshit....cross between a pitbull and a shitzu! [:D] Sorry couldn't pass it up!
View Quote

I was just going to say that!!!  Dumb and Dumber, right?

Link Posted: 8/1/2002 8:57:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I was just going to say that!!!  Dumb and Dumber, right?

View Quote

You've got a rapist wit!
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:19:47 PM EDT
[#5]
We had a Daschound/Basset Hound mix.

It had a large Daschound Head 3" long Daschound legs. Basset Hound Barrel Chest and Basset Hound deep voice bark.  It was 11" high to top of it's back about 30" long and weighed in at 37lbs due to it's circumfrance
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:21:41 PM EDT
[#6]
[img]www.dogsinthenews.com/issues/0207/pictures/Nanazoom230.jpg[/img]

[img]www.dogsinthenews.com/issues/0207/pictures/Rascal_trophy230.jpg[/img]

[img]www.boredatuni.co.uk/pictures/uglydog.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 10:00:27 PM EDT
[#7]
The crazyist looking dog I've ever known, was a mix of a Rottie and a Daschound.
Zack has the Rottie head, build, and coloration with the hot dog's stubbie little legs. Watching him run is a riot [:D]
The wildist part is that the Daschound was the father.
I would of payed money to see that [%|]
echo6
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 10:43:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Stumpy, my dog, is a Corgi mutt.  Mutt part being part shepherd.  Short legs, tremendously muscular body and jaw, very loyal.  about 12" at the shoulder, and 45#.  The neck is almost as wide as his body.  He flattens the Super Kong Toy to crunch up the treats inside so he can get them out even easier.

[img]http://www.snedegar.net/images/dogs/7-28-2002/stumpy2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.snedegar.net/images/dogs/4-15-2002/stumpy3.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 11:05:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:35:11 AM EDT
[#10]
The strangest mixed breed I ever had was a Bassett/Pointer mix.  He had the body of a Bassett, very long and heavy with legs about 3" long, Bassett ears that hung down to the ground, and the face of a Pointer.  Beady little eyes and a long, thin, pointed muzzle.  He was quite a character, too.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 6:54:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Get Chimborazo to post a pick of his dog. That critter has the funkiest eyes I've ever seen. I think the dog is cool as hell, so don't take it as a slam. But the fact is that he is goofy looking.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 7:02:03 AM EDT
[#12]
I had a Chow/Coyote mix...  Kobie was probably the most beautiful dog I've ever had, and while he was strong as an ox ([i]to the point of dangerous[/i]) he was friendly as they get.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 7:06:00 AM EDT
[#13]
chihuahua and pug mix  - I think they called it a chia pug.

It was sort of like a car accident you can't take your eyes off of.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 7:09:52 AM EDT
[#14]
[img]http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?userid=redray&album_id=86221&image_id=7&show=image¶m=9725[/img]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 5:02:48 PM EDT
[#15]
My brother had a lab/Basset. It had the body & size of a basset, the color & love of water of the lab.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top