Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2002 1:59:13 PM EDT
Now that a bill proposing a ban on .50 cal has been introduced, I read more and more responses like

"Oh well... you had to know it was coming"

or

"They are taking away our rights"

BUT I haven't read very many (if any) responses like

"We need to mobilize in an organized, concentrated effort to derail this proposed legislation"

or

"We aren't going to just sit down and let representatives from some other place dictate our local freedoms"

It's like you all have just accepted your fates before it even happens. Where's the fight? Where's the motivation? Where's the action plan?

I have personally already sent letters to each of my representatives at the local, state, and Federal level indicating my position. I am talking about neatly typed, ink signed letters. I also have started to make direct inquiries to the representative lobby groups like SAF, GOA, etc.. to find out where I can assist beyond mailing a check. Who else has a plan that I can get involved with to at least fight the good fight before waving the white flag.

Fuck Fineswine. Fuck Schumer. Fuck all the liberal zealots who think they can just scare me into submission because they rattled their sabre.

It's time to start filing lawsuits and initiating pre-emptive strikes against the anti-gun camps. If we wait around for them to make a move before we do anything, we are already in a weakened position.

Is anyone hearing me?? tap tap tap... is this thing on??

Link Posted: 8/1/2002 2:04:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Now that a bill proposing a ban on .50 cal has been introduced, I read more and more responses like

"Oh well... you had to know it was coming"

or

"They are taking away our rights"

BUT I haven't read very many (if any) responses like

"We need to mobilize in an organized, concentrated effort to derail this proposed legislation"

or

"We aren't going to just sit down and let representatives from some other place dictate our local freedoms"

It's like you all have just accepted your fates before it even happens. Where's the fight? Where's the motivation? Where's the action plan?

I have personally already sent letters to each of my representatives at the local, state, and Federal level indicating my position. I am talking about neatly typed, ink signed letters. I also have started to make direct inquiries to the representative lobby groups like SAF, GOA, etc.. to find out where I can assist beyond mailing a check. Who else has a plan that I can get involved with to at least fight the good fight before waving the white flag.

Fuck Fineswine. Fuck Schumer. Fuck all the liberal zealots who think they can just scare me into submission because they rattled their sabre.

It's time to start filing lawsuits and initiating pre-emptive strikes against the anti-gun camps. If we wait around for them to make a move before we do anything, we are already in a weakened position.

View Quote

And some have let Sept.11 "slip their mind" too!
[pissed]
AB
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 2:09:54 PM EDT
[#2]
My friends, perhaps you underestimate me...

I not only write my elected congresscritters (oddly enough, the ones I voted for didn't get into office!) - but even the ones that don't represent me directly!  Witness my response to CA Sen Don Perata's Asinine Ammo Tax - his district is Oaktown, I'm in San Jose, and I still demand answers from him!

I write in support to Ron Paul quite frequently.

I also write in to JPFO, GOA, CCRKBA, and others.

AND, I keep trying to work locally thru op-ed pieces, and simple face-to-face contacts thruout the day.  Enough conversations get started with me - usually because I wear an empty sidearm holster on a daily basis.  Some see my point, some don't, but I think there are a couple more of us every day.  Now, what have YOU done?

FFZ
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 4:20:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I think the anti-gun crowd realizes there just is not much of a market for 50's so it will be easy pickings for them, and I fear they may be right. So if you want one better get it now. It will bite the dust like the Striker shotgun. A, you can keep it, when you die, it is illegial.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 4:30:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 4:32:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Because I'm lazy.  Soooo lazy.

Link Posted: 8/1/2002 4:33:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Ahhh.  It was bound to happen sooner or later!
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 4:42:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 4:50:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Unintended Consequences, by John Ross

View Quote

With the corrupt politicians, judiciary, and dept. of justice, I think many have given up on that route....and are just waiting.

View Quote

Oh Yes........
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 4:54:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 11:27:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 11:27:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 11:52:48 PM EDT
[#12]
This is all quite amusing.

Indeed, any efforts to resist only delay the inevitable.

How many safety ensuring gun laws are on the books in our increasingly great nation?  20,000?

How often do laws (of any sort) get repealed once passed?

How often do we stop at one, or two, or any number of attempts to get our way?

We have time on our side.  Inch by inch, we are winning.

Oh, but by all means, don't staple those $100,000 checks to your letters.  I don't like blemishes on my checks
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 11:55:34 PM EDT
[#13]
I agree with Liberty86.  Little can be accomplished by writing corrupt government officials, or trying to convince judges whose very jobs depend on the state.

At this point in the game, the impetus towards a tryanny here in the U.S. is pretty much unstoppable.  Many would argue that we're already there, and I'd be hard pressed to contradict them.

History is NOT on our side here, and neither is the limited attention-span and intellect of our "fellow countrymen".  

As I've said in other posts, your time is better spent shooting, hiking, physical training, learning new skills and networking with others who think as you do.

Your primary focus should be on the physical and fiscal security of yourself and your family.

No two police states are like, and I don't know how this one will eventually play out. But, if you have taken care of what I said in the above paragraph, you have made a good start.

Link Posted: 8/1/2002 11:59:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Because I'm lazy.  Soooo lazy.

View Quote
Me too, took way to much effort to key this in.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 12:01:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
And some have let Sept.11 "slip their mind" too!
[pissed]
AB
View Quote
"War? What war??? I don't hear no bombs going off!!"

I agree with you [b]albob[/b], but don't get me f@cking started on this one [pissed]

As far as gun owners finally saying "hey, gun bans are gonna happen, so get used to it" - Behold the power of incrementalism!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top