Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2002 1:31:13 PM EDT
I want to buy Blackhawk Down but i've heard that there may be a deluxe release in a few months.  Web search didn't turn up any sites that told me anything.

can anyone tell me if there is going to be such a release and when?  Is there a good site for this sort of thing?

TIA
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 1:54:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, special edition.  Can't recall if it is October or November though.  And can't find the website where I found the date, but my guess is late October early November...
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 4:15:50 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks cgwahl.  I'm kinda surprised that its so hard to find something like this out on the internet.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 1:24:47 PM EDT
[#3]
special release? hope they double the number of dead skinnies in it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 2:57:35 PM EDT
[#4]

I didnt think this movie was released yet to the public..  

Ebay has plenty of it..  dvd and vhs...

[url]http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&query=Blackhawk+Down+[/url]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 4:01:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yeah, special edition.  Can't recall if it is October or November though.  And can't find the website where I found the date, but my guess is late October early November...
View Quote

So what will make the Special Edition so special?

USPC40

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 4:03:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So what will make the Special Edition so special?

USPC40

View Quote

Probably behind the scenes footage.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 4:07:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Sh#t!  I ordered mine from Barnes & Noble before they released so I could make sure to get it and watch it asap.  Now , a couple of months later... the BETTER edition.  Wonder if they take trade ins ?   hahaha
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 5:43:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sh#t!  I ordered mine from Barnes & Noble before they released so I could make sure to get it and watch it asap.  Now , a couple of months later... the BETTER edition.  Wonder if they take trade ins ?   hahaha
View Quote

I'm in the same boat. [:(]

I bought the DVD when it was released and now a special edition comes along.

Anyone intrested in a slightly used copy on DVD. [:D] NO scraches or even scuffs. I grew up listening to albums on vinyl and treat my DVDs with the same gentleness.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:40:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, I preordered it.  Found out about the SE, canceled the order.  Did the same for Lord of the Rings but I guess I didn't cancel it soon enough...now I think I'll just buy the Special Version when it comes out in November...apparantly both version have different things on them...
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 4:16:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I knew there would be another edition when I noticed that the first release DVD was so bare of extras.

Oh well the movie was so good they will get more money from me when the new SE is released.

But I still hate the hollywood money grab.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 5:03:06 PM EDT
[#11]
it seems that the general rule of thumb on hollywood dvd releases is dont buy it asap if u care about special features. wait a couple weeks and look around to c if theres a annoucment of the "directers cut/special edition" there almost always will announce it within a couple weeks after the main release
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 7:41:13 PM EDT
[#12]
they pull this crap with all the good movies now
rush the bare bones version then release a good version a few months later
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 8:30:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
they pull this crap with all the good movies now
rush the bare bones version then release a good version a few months later
View Quote

Your right- Bastards!

A comedian (I forget his name) once said during his show:

(comedian to the audience) "Anyone here involed with Marketing?"

[i]A smattering of claps[/i]

(comedian) "Kill yourself."

[i]laughter[/i]

(comedian) "No-really. There's no joke here. Kill yourself."

[i]silence[/i]

Link Posted: 8/7/2002 9:17:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah they do it with some movie musical scores.  I like that kind of stuff and the one that comes to mind right now is Star Wars.  Bought Phantom Menace CD then found out a year and a half later a special version was released (basically all the music instead of just half)...now I'm trying to find a place that still has it, not easy.  Waiting for the Clone one to release it all...

But I downloaded it on WinMX so I can wait...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top