Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2002 12:18:52 PM EDT
MSNBC just repoted that the two kidnaped girls have rescued unharmed.

Suspected kidnaper is down with gunshot wounds.

Condition unknown
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 12:19:48 PM EDT
[#1]
That's good to hear
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 12:21:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Best news I heard all day!

Kudos to whoever shot the bastard.  Next time aim for his head.

I hope they don't try to play that mental illness shit again.

Oh!...jerk on MSNBC blurred something about a [b]semi-automatic pistol[/b].  WTF is that?  Already playing the gun card I see.[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 12:24:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank God!
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 12:25:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Bad guy shot

Guns are good!
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 12:27:12 PM EDT
[#5]
YES![50]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 12:30:27 PM EDT
[#6]
[b]Thank God in Heaven![/b]

Now let's see them go off again down some lonely, deserted road!

Eric The(LetTheGroundingsBegin!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 12:31:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Was it a semi-automatic handgun that shot  the perp?
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 12:32:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 12:34:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Good, that POS IS DEAD!!!![xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 12:36:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Bad Guy Confirmed Dead!!
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 12:38:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Finally a good ending.In this case the two girls back safe.Perp dead.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 12:40:34 PM EDT
[#12]
HIP-HIP HOORAAAAY !!!!!

GOOD GUYS: 1
SHOT-UP CRIMINALS: ZERO

I hope he got shot in the gnads. Whoever shot that monster gets a bottle on Johny-Walker on me.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 12:42:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Absolutly AWESOME!!!!
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 12:43:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 12:50:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Thats definitely good to hear. Its even better to know that the evil bastard is dead!! Stupid criminals, geez, now it seems like you have to carry a firearm with you even if youre crossing the road....[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 12:54:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Deputies did good on this one!

Glad the girls are safe and the vermin has been exterminated!
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 12:58:47 PM EDT
[#17]
YEAH! The punishment fits the crime.

This guy WAS wanted on a previous rape warrant as well.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 1:05:58 PM EDT
[#18]
You will note from the article that was cited by [b]DarkHelmet[/b] the following statement:

[b]The state also activated its week-old “Amber Alert” system, which uses radio and television bulletins and electronic freeway signs to alert the public to a child abduction.[/b]

That system started here in Arlington, Texas, and I was wondering why California had never adopted it before!

Now it appears they have! Great! We've had nothing but success here in Texas since it first came to be used.

Here's my thread on the subject of 'Amber Alerts':[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=134752[/url]

The very day that I posted that thread, the Amber Alert system was directly responsible for the recovery of a small child and the arrest of her abductor!

It has slowed down stranger abductions here in Texas quite a bit!

Eric The(Relieved)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 1:13:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Finally a good ending.In this case the two girls back safe.Perp dead.
View Quote

[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/partytime.gif[/img]  [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/party.gif[/img] [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/partysmiley.gif[/img]

Good news all round!  

[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/biggrin2.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 1:33:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
You will note from the article that was cited by [b]DarkHelmet[/b] the following statement:

[b]The state also activated its week-old “Amber Alert” system, which uses radio and television bulletins and electronic freeway signs to alert the public to a child abduction.[/b]

That system started here in Arlington, Texas, and I was wondering why California had never adopted it before!

Now it appears they have! Great! We've had nothing but success here in Texas since it first came to be used.

Here's my thread on the subject of 'Amber Alerts':[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=134752[/url]

The very day that I posted that thread, the Amber Alert system was directly responsible for the recovery of a small child and the arrest of her abductor!

It has slowed down stranger abductions here in Texas quite a bit!

Eric The(Relieved)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

I remembered our discussion on this a while back when I saw the announcements on TV and the freeway message signs.  I hope this continues to help.

And it's a small price to pay, Eric! [;)]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 1:53:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Finally, some real justice has been served. I was getting sick of hearing about all of these child abductions, one after the other. No courts, just bullets.
[url]http://apnews1.iwon.com/article/20020801/D7L4Q4G03.html[/url]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 1:56:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 1:59:41 PM EDT
[#23]
The only gripe I have about the Amber alarm is Davis took his sweet time getting it started.  It was supposed to be up and running a year ago if the stuff I read was correct.  Took a few kidnappings to finally get him to hurry the heck up...
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 2:04:44 PM EDT
[#24]
That POS Roy Ratliff was out on $3,000,000.00 bail!

More details to follow...
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 2:06:29 PM EDT
[#25]

Yes! Pour a cold one for the cop that drilled this little POS! [beer]

As an aside, I'm wondering WTF the parents of these two girls were thinking by allowing them to stay out until 1 AM...

One of the dads is claiming his daughter will now have a curfew of 8 PM. Well DUH! Did it take something like THIS to trigger your Perents Responsibility gene?

Sheesh...

Well, at least this one had a good ending...
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 2:06:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Please allow me to kiss-up to LEO's--[:D]

I am [b]thrilled[/b] for the skillful execution (pun not intentional, but apt) of the Officer(s) involved in this.  Their life was in danger, obviously, but they got him before he got them, and the girls are unharmed--GREAT!!! Thank God for skillful handling.  Woo Hoo!  I hope someone got this on video!!  hehe  Also, I will be curious to see if 10,000 people hit the streets to celebrate [b]this[/b] particular police action.  Will Jesse Jackson show up this time?  Hmmmmmm . . . me thinks not.  
View Quote

Right on Beekeeper.  This is the kind of skillful execution that really "makes my day."  I'm happy for the rest of the day now.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:54:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Sadly the girls did NOT escape unharmed...

[url]http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=519&ncid=716&e=2&u=/ap/20020802/ap_on_re_us/kidnapped_girls_18[/url]

Kern County Sheriff Carl Sparks said he was certain the kidnapper was minutes away from killing the girls and had chosen a remote location in the high desert. He said the girls had been raped.

"He was hunting for a place to kill 'em and bury 'em," Sparks said on CNN's "Larry King Live" program.

View Quote

However the girls did get receve the best therapy known to man upon their rescue-watching their rapist get shot seven times and die at their feet...
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 10:00:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Wow-yet ANOTHER released sex-offender strikes again!!!!!!   Let's give a high-five to all of our courts and judges out there!!!!!    Thanks for thinking about all of us and our safety, we really appreciate it!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 10:25:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Since the TV news won't say it, I WILL.  Thanks to all the law enforcement that makes this world a little safer for the rest of us.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 10:26:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 10:52:23 PM EDT
[#31]
From cnn.com:

"The deputy in the back went in grabbed the girls, he's pulling them out the back. The deputy on the driver's side looked in, the suspect was coming back up with the gun and [the deputy] shot him twice in the head. And shot him until he stopped."

The ordeal ended at 12:51 p.m.

"We don't have to worry about him being rehabilitated," Sparks said of Ratliff. "We don't have to worry about the Supreme Court. He is deceased."

That's what I'M talkin about baby.  That's law ENFORCEMENT, right then and there.  Wish I could have put a few .45s into the perv myself.  I'm getting warm fuzzies just off the vibes though.  Too bad about the girls, I really feel bad for them, but its so nice to see some justice in the world for a change.

There are over 5 billion people in the world and the number is going up exponentially every day. I figure we could use at least 10 million fewer people in the world, starting with guys like this one.  Today was a great start, the first day of the rest of our lives so to speak.

Man I need to stop posting at 2am, this is going to sound really crazy tomorrow....
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 11:57:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
From cnn.com:

"The deputy in the back went in grabbed the girls, he's pulling them out the back. The deputy on the driver's side looked in, the suspect was coming back up with the gun and [the deputy] shot him twice in the head. And shot him until he stopped." [red][b][size=5]EXCELLENT[/red][/b][/size=5]

The ordeal ended at 12:51 p.m.

"We don't have to worry about him being rehabilitated," Sparks said of Ratliff. "We don't have to worry about the Supreme Court. He is deceased." [red][b][size=5]EXCELLENT[/red][/b][/size=5]

That's what I'M talkin about baby.  That's law ENFORCEMENT, right then and there.  Wish I could have put a few .45s into the perv myself.  I'm getting warm fuzzies just off the vibes though.  Too bad about the girls, I really feel bad for them, but its so nice to see some justice in the world for a change.

There are over 5 billion people in the world and the number is going up exponentially every day. I figure we could use at least 10 million fewer people in the world, starting with guys like this one.  Today was a great start, the first day of the rest of our lives so to speak.

Man I need to stop posting at 2am, this is going to sound really crazy tomorrow....
View Quote

Just this LEO's humble opinion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top