Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2002 9:59:35 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 10:03:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 10:04:27 AM EDT
[#2]
The puppy is a mix of something.  I have a pure lab and it's face looks a lot like a pitbull, so that doesn't mean it is a pit mix.  The white paws would tell me it is a lab mix with something other than a pit.  Cute puppy, they grow like weeds though! LOL  Good luck
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 10:05:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Very nice looking little guy there!

Definitely a mix... some possible APBT or AMStaff - but it will be easier to tell as he gets a little older. He sure looks happy and healthy though!

Eric
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 10:09:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Bear, way to go man!  Cute mutt...and the name fits perfectly.  That pooch certainly looks like a keeper to me.  A visit to the vet for a quick checkup a chew toy and a good home and you've got a friend for life.

[:D]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 10:11:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I definately see some lab, but I don't see any pit bull.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 10:13:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Actually, what you have there is a 100%, pure-breed, certified, a-one POS mutt.  I gave up trying to figure out what all was in mine a long time ago.  Every time I thought I had it nailed down, she grew/aged a little more and she looked a little more like something else.  These kind are always the best ones.  Keep your damn pedigree papers and give me a dog, not an ongoing genetic experiment.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 10:23:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Sorry - I couldn't resist. It's nap time here at my place [:)]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/EricE%2FIM000697%2EJPG[/img]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 10:27:06 AM EDT
[#8]
No. It's obviously a Heinz-hound....57 Varieties.[:D]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 10:29:39 AM EDT
[#9]
His ears look like some kinda pit breed.The rest I dont no,kinda  HOBO looking.An excellent name by the way.My uncle had a dog named Hobo.People who knew dogs wouldn't even take a guess what he was.His neck was bigger than his head.Couldnt keep a collar on him.He would back up agianst a chain and pull it off.Harness didnt work either.Never did fiqure out how he got out of it.Just as soon as you werent watching he would be up laying on the back porch.I loved that dog,great companion growing up with.

One sad thing about Hobo.My aunt and Uncle took a caretaker job for a rod and gun club asfter he retired.Hobo was about deaf and he was laying behind a car and it backed over him.He got up and laid down by the lake.My uncle didnt want to move him.he called me and asked me to bring my rifle.I told him no.I couldnt do it.Its the only time I ever turned my uncle down.Luckly there was someone there who could.He never felt a thing.My uncle couldn't do it either.This is a man hardend by the Battan death march.Everyone in the club loved that dog.If you raised your hand to anyone in Hobo's family you were about to get your ass chewed on.Smartest dog I ever knew.

He named him Hobo because before the war my uncle road the rails.The depression was on and he knew a lot of hobos.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 10:31:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Excellent Pic.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 10:33:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Excellent Pic.

Dont forget to take him to get all his shots, pills and the like.

Link Posted: 8/1/2002 10:39:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Put his ass to work. Have him rid your house of "Scout doves".
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 10:43:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 11:34:39 AM EDT
[#14]

Here is a shot of our 5 month old female Lab Sasha. She was about 3.5 months when this pic was taken.

I didn't grow up around dogs, but my wife turned me around. Sasha is the coolest dog. We are about to take her to boot camp. [:D]

Cheers,
Chris

[img]http://www.seanet.com/~christophe/range/Sasha.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 11:43:43 AM EDT
[#15]
That is a nice lookin' dog BB and the price was right too!!

Now ya just need to find a stray motorsicle![:D]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 1:03:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 1:06:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 1:07:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 1:08:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 1:29:02 PM EDT
[#20]
If he starts in chewing up every piece of wood he sees in your back yard and in the house(and he looks like he would) I'd call him Beaver![;D]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 1:54:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Here are two that were saved from the shelter.

[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid27/pba7d01b12c232a5cc13cba38f8b82cfa/fd755269.jpg[/img]

That's Fred on the left and Lucy on the right.  My roomie's dogs.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 6:05:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Last night at work, this puppy rode into the rail yard on a train. We gave him some water and he hung around for awhile, and me and a guy on the night crew flipped a coin to see who would take him home. Guess who won. [:)]

I think he has some pit bull in him, but my wife says he looks more like a labrador. What do you guys think?

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Big%5FBear%2FP8010036%2EJPG[/img]

BTW, I thought about calling him "HOBO" or just "BO" for short. [:)]
View Quote

Staffordshire Terrier, more than half. The ears and face give it away. You won't find a better dog. I had the identical match to that pup, even to the toe color, (except for the nose color) for over twelve years. I called my wife in to look at the picture and she said, "It's Tyge." And started crying. Damn what a good dog that was.

Edited to say: Since we both are in Kalifornia, and since I live in the South Bay, And if you ever decide the dog is too much for you - Lemme know!
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 6:40:18 PM EDT
[#23]
That's a fine looking pup you have there.
One of the best dogs I ever had, was a shepard mix who jumped in the back of dad's truck. I'm sure yours is glad to have a home. Treat him good from the start, and he'll be by your side 'til the end.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 7:10:29 PM EDT
[#24]
This is Big Ernie.  He was saved from an extremely high kill shelter in Stockton, Ca.:

[img]http://home.earthlink.net/~serenitysquadron/images/P5120719.JPG[/img]

He's my girfriend's new infatuation.  I play second string around here now.  Great dog, small for a shorthair.

Big Bear that is a pretty touching story...wonder what his story is.  Definitely looks like he's got some terrier in him, but I'm no expert and my opinion stops there.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 7:33:40 PM EDT
[#25]
My mechanic has a mutt that apears to be about 50/50 boxer/lab. (Unclipped ears. Why why why do people do that to their dogs. grrr) Was cute as a button as a pup, and is a danged good dog now. Wish I had one like it, but mutts is mutts - hard to go shopping for a particular strain.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 12:58:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 1:13:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Neat dog. Now do yourself a favor and crate train him. He will love it when he is older, kind of like a den. My springer is a terror without his crate and he is 12!
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 1:31:51 PM EDT
[#28]
BB my friend,not to long ago IIRC you posted a pix of 'LiLBear',a black akita looking type dog/pup,do you still have it too? I was awol-ar15.com for a few months this winter(SpecOpsCalled)[;)].Good luck with this one, I've always preferd adopting strays/pound dogs too.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 2:30:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Nice pup. Some pitbull in there I think. But that's a good thing. Pit's are very healthy, strong and stable dogs. Great with kids. It takes a hell of a lot of abuse to turn a pit mean. Yours looks like a good fun dog.

May I recommend a book at your public library called SuperPuppy. It has all the important facts on raising a dog. Including the housebreaking in a transport crate method. The only good way to do it BTW.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 10:57:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 11:09:12 PM EDT
[#31]
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I
   want to go where they went."- Will Rogers

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare
   and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us
   their all. It's the best deal man has ever made"- M.
   Facklam

Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite
   unlike people, who are incapable of pure love and
   always have to mix love and hate."- Sigmund Freud

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags
   his tail instead of his tongue."- Anonymous

"Dogs need to sniff the ground; it's how they keep
   abreast of current events. The ground is a giant dog
   newspaper, containing all kinds of late-breaking dog
   news items, which, if they are especially urgent are
   often continued in the next yard."- Dave Barry

"Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like never
   washed a dog. Franklin Jones

"If your dog is fat, you aren't getting enough
   exercise." Unknown

"I wonder what goes through his mind when he sees us
   peeing in his water bowl."- Penny Ward Moser

"A dog teaches a boy fidelity, perseverance, and to
   turn around three times before lying down. -Robert
   Benchley

"No animal should ever jump up on the dining-room
   furniture unless absolutely certain that he can hold
   his own in the conversation."- Fran Lebowitz

"I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a
   weird religious cult."- Rita Rudner

"My dog is worried about the economy because Alpo is
   up to $3.00 a can. That's almost $21.00 in dog money."
   Joe Weinstein

"Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive
   evidence that you are wonderful."- Ann Landers

'There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy
   licking your face." Ben Williams

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more
   than he loves himself.

"The average dog is a nicer person than the average
   person."-Andy Rooney

"Outside of a dog, a book is probably man's best
   friend; inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."-
   Groucho Marx

"Ever consider what they must think of us? I mean,
   here we come back from a grocery store with the most
   amazing haul-chicken, pork, half a cow. They must
   think we're the greatest hunters on earth!" -Anne
   Tyler

"If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that
   certain dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very,
   very few persons."-James Thurber

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and
   dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A. Heinlein
Link Posted: 8/3/2002 12:20:41 AM EDT
[#32]
This is my black lab named Bruiser.. he's about as lazy as they come.
[img]http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?userid=Vermilion&album_id=76783&image_id=27&courtesy=1[/img]

This is my yellow lab Peaches.. she's pretty lazy also.. hehe
[img]http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?userid=Vermilion&album_id=76783&image_id=28&courtesy=1[/img]

And this is both of them swimming.. My black lab will dive underwater to fetch things and will even jump off the side of the pool and go straight under water.. down to a depth of 6 feet..
[img]http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?userid=Vermilion&album_id=76783&image_id=29&courtesy=1[/img]
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 1:16:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue."- Anonymous

View Quote

My wife once said, "You pay more attention to the dog than you do me." I said, "Thats because he wags his tail," "instead of his JAW."

Things were a little frosty for a week or so.

Bill
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 2:02:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Definately black lab and pit.  Be careful, any dog with pit blood can turn at the blink of an eye.  Keep it away from neighbor kids and keep your homeowners current.
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 3:21:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Definately black lab and pit.  Be careful, any dog with pit blood can turn at the blink of an eye.  Keep it away from neighbor kids and keep your homeowners current.
View Quote

What a Smelly can of Garbage this idiot's post is.
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 4:18:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue."- Anonymous

View Quote

My wife once said, "You pay more attention to the dog than you do me." I said, "Thats because he wags his tail," "instead of his JAW."

Things were a little frosty for a week or so.

Bill
View Quote

That reminded me of the difference between a woman screaming on the front porch and a dog howling on the back porch....If you let the dog it, it will shut up![}:D]
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 4:19:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 11:33:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

What a Smelly can of Garbage this idiot's post is.
View Quote

Spayboy was obviously abused by his parents.
View Quote

Agreed !
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 12:43:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Neat dog. Now do yourself a favor and crate train him. He will love it when he is older, kind of like a den. My springer is a terror without his crate and he is 12!
View Quote

Bear ,you are the man.

I cant agree more with the crate training at night .
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 4:19:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top