Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2002 8:18:04 PM EDT
I just had the most repulsive experience of watching MSNBC Phil while talking on the phone. I put the mute button on and it only numbed the pain. I decided that Phil is the analog of Big Bird for illiterate adults. Phil's gesticulating and the coke bottle glasses were a nice touch--if it was a telethon for the current events retarded. At the risk of defaming the retarded, who is is the audience of this drivel? UUGGHH! I think I will take a shower and go to bed. Is it just me?
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 8:25:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I hate to agree with you, being that I am a liberal Democrat who would love to see somebody beat the pants off of O'Reilly...

But there is no denying it: Donahue's show sucks bigtime. I watched the first night it was on and actually felt embarrased FOR him. There is hardly anything worth watching on MSNBC.

*sigh* Oh well.. maybe someday there will be someone to oppose O'Reilly and his "No Spin" (yeah right) commentary.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 8:31:32 PM EDT
[#2]
No way dude, O'reilly kicks ass!
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 8:31:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
*sigh* Oh well.. maybe someday there will be someone to oppose O'Reilly and his "No Spin" (yeah right) commentary.
View Quote

You're kidding, right?  Please put a sarcastic smiley when you're being facetious!
If you're serious maybe you should get your leftist dogma fix with Dan Rather.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 8:32:33 PM EDT
[#4]
He is god awfull isn't he.

I tried watching him for a few minutes the other day.He was interviewing thet conservative super babe(Ann Coulter?)Anyhow he kept interupting,and he was speaking in half sentences,looking at the ceiling,rolling his eyes.Just the whole way he was communicating was way out and whacky,It was like he was speaking in tongues or that he expected I should some how be reading his mind or something.I had a hard time understanding just what the hell he was trying to get across,and it was excrutiating to watch aswell as very tiring.

What a dud.I'm sure he won't make it another month(O'Reiley makes this jackass look like child,infact I'd like to see them go at it)unless they already gave him a fat contract.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 8:38:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You're kidding, right?  Please put a sarcastic smiley when you're being facetious!
View Quote

I don't watch TV to get a fix. If you do, perhaps you should re-evaluate your viewing habits.

It's hard to detect O'Reilly's spin when you agree wholeheartedly with what he's saying.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 8:38:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Heard today that John Walsh is getting a talk show.[50]  
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 8:46:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't watch much TV but O'Reilly  can be a bit much--he tries to be even-handed and "experimental" but his not-so-well-examined dogma--which looks suspiciously like populist slight of hand can induce a bit of queasiness in those that actually give much thought to such things. I watch him with some of his "guests" and I think back to when(as a kid) we threw mice and rats to our ferrets--fun for us not so fun for the Rat(mouse).  
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 8:49:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
being that I am a liberal
View Quote

[b]HUH???   Didn't you read the terms & conditions before signing up here?[/b]

[:D]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 8:49:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I just had the most repulsive experience of watching MSNBC
View Quote

It is not MSNBC, it is [b]PMSNBC.[/b]

Bill
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 8:55:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

[:)]

Yeah I don't fit many of the stereotypes.

Liberal but love guns - hate welfare - don't mind profiling if it keeps Americans safe, etc..

I don't really mind taxes though. They pay the fine people who protect me and my family. So I guess that's one liberal thing about me. [:D]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 8:59:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't watch TV to get a fix. If you do, perhaps you should re-evaluate your viewing habits.

It's hard to detect O'Reilly's spin when you agree wholeheartedly with what he's saying.
View Quote

I really don't agree with everything that O'Rielly says, however I do feel that he's a lot more middle-of-the-road than the vast majority of talking heads out there. Maybe you're just not used to that, since just about everything the media has dished out in recent memory has had a heavy liberal slant to it. Sad to say, but you lefties don't have anyone that could touch the guy in a debate.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 9:07:28 PM EDT
[#12]
i LIKE pHILL
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 9:08:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Sad to say, but you lefties don't have anyone that could touch the guy in a debate.
View Quote

I know. It is very sad. [>(]

We keep waiting for someone worthy but no one comes along. I voted for Nader [rolleyes] - because I wanted to send a message. Gore wouldn't have been a good president either.

I'm starting to think McCain should have been the guy in 2000. He does have a temper though.

If Bush gets re-elected in 2004 I am gonna pull a Alec Baldwin though. I hear Switzerland is nice. [:)]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 9:11:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Heard today that John Walsh is getting a talk show.
View Quote

What is this, "Hire a Nazi" month or something? Sheesh. That's just what America needs —  yet another shrill, anti-gun twerp on the tube.

They got the wrong Walsh. Shoulda picked Joe.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 9:16:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm starting to think McCain should have been the guy in 2000.
View Quote

Whoa big shooter!
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 9:34:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

[:)]

Yeah I don't fit many of the stereotypes.

Liberal but love guns - hate welfare - don't mind profiling if it keeps Americans safe, etc..

I don't really mind taxes though. They pay the fine people who protect me and my family. So I guess that's one liberal thing about me. [:D]
View Quote

I see, another person who thinks they are a liberal. Better re-examine your thoughts and beliefs and then see where you end up. You may find that you are only suffering from mistaken identity.

Oh, and where did you get the idea that the police were here to protect [i]you[/i]? I thought it's been made perfectly clear that they have [b]no[/b] responsibility for your protection.

Speaking of which I sure did enjoy Phil in the old days. He sure knew how to bring interesting subjects to a pretty bland TV fare. Either I was young and stupid or he's getting old and senile...
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 11:44:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

If Bush gets re-elected in 2004 I am gonna pull a Alec Baldwin though. I hear Switzerland is nice. [:)]
View Quote

I kinda wonder how big a welcome you would get there......
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 11:55:35 PM EDT
[#18]
inb4lock
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 4:46:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
...I am a liberal Democrat who would love to see somebody beat the pants off of O'Reilly...
View Quote

Good luck! So far the only person who's been able to do that is Rush Limbaugh (on the radio). He'd probably do it on TV, too, if given the chance.

Unfortunately, I don't think that's what you had in mind, though....

Hee-hee! Isn't the world GREAT sometimes! [:D]

If Donahue is the best the Left can throw at us, then boy, their movement is more morally adrift and intellectually bankrupt than I had ever hoped for...

PARTY!  [<]:)]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 4:48:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah?

Make sure you book a flight with a bunch of Al-Qaeda wanna-be martyrs...

Oh, and say hi to Lucifer for me when you get there! [devil]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 4:55:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
First, Baldwin reneged.  Are you also of little character?

Second, why wait?  We maybe can take up a collection now for a one way, absolutely no-return ticket now.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 4:59:05 AM EDT
[#22]
O'Reilly is too far left for me.

Don-a-ho' is so far left, he's almost touching the right hand side of Alan Keyes.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top