Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2002 6:19:33 PM EDT
I placed an order for an extended Benelli charging handle on Wednesday, 6/26. I requested that it be shipped next day so I would have it Thursday because I was leaving for the Hun Shoot on Friday. I never received an e-mail confirmation for my order. I e-mailed tham and I told them that I must have it by Thursday. On Thursday I had no package so I sent them an e-mail letting them know I wanted to cancel the order. Well, today (7/31) I find a package on my doorstep for the charging handle. They shipped it FedEx ground. I also see on the invoice that they didn't process the order until 7/18. It only took them 23 days to process my order. Maybe they were out of stock. An e-mail would have been appreciated in that case, but they apparently don't check their e-mail. If they did, they would have cancelled my order.

[b][red]GET IN BEFORE THE LOCK![/red][/b]

Added by RAF:  As per policy, I'm locking this post.  Right or wrong, only side of the story is presented.  Bunghole, if you wish, post on this topic again if you receive communications from the vendor, and the matter is brought to a conclusion.
Again, this is general policy for all vendors, not just advertisers.

Link Posted: 7/31/2002 6:27:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I hope the customer service improves, I need to order some parts from them tomorrow.  I'm going to make sure that they have the parts in stock before I place the order, will ask that they confirm order and shipment, and will let you guys know how it turns out.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 6:53:18 PM EDT
[#2]
OK, IBTL
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 7:29:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I gotta start going to the lunches.  You guys are shooting alot with out me around.  [sniff/}

TXLEWIS
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 4:44:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 8:55:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Okay, they're out of stock on the items I wanted, so I'll have to look elsewhere.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:00:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:32:02 AM EDT
[#7]
In before the lock...

Postcount++

the_reject
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 12:06:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Okay, I'm using my 'powers that be' to unlock this thread.

Folks, you can't rely on e-mail as a surefire method to correct an order problem.  If you have a problem or special stipulations like above you pretty much have to call.  If you were dealing with some of our Equip. Exchange guys then it would be a little different because probably 90% of their dealings are via e-mail and they're used to it.

You guys have to understand that the large [b]companies[/b] do the majority of business by phone or with wholesalers or businesses so the smaller deals get a little less attention.  SO, if you do have a problem or have special requirements use the phone so you can hold someone a little more accountable.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 12:29:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey, this is the first time I've been in [b]after[/b] the lock.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 12:33:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 12:45:38 PM EDT
[#11]
I have had five separate dealings with GG&G. Each one has been positive as I recollect. One item that I ordered took 10 months for delivery, this item is only manufactured once a year. I knew this up front and was willing to wait. I would deal with them again when the need arises, without hesitation.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 1:14:28 PM EDT
[#12]
ilikelegs, I'm going to keep it. I still needed that part.

What kind of pissed me off was the fact that when ordering online their website says that  you will receive an e-mail confirmation of your order. I didn't get an e-mail on the day I ordered or 23 days later when they processed the order.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 1:19:42 PM EDT
[#13]
IATL!  Always wanted to say that.

I would call them and demand an explanation as to why the emails went unanswered for that long a period of time.

Of course they could always blame the mail server.  That seems to be a popular eXcuse.

Link Posted: 8/1/2002 1:29:17 PM EDT
[#14]
This post was not intended as a flame. I just like to post some of the mundane shit that goes on in my life sometimes.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 2:10:45 PM EDT
[#15]
I[b]A[/b]TL!!!
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 2:33:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What kind of pissed me off was the fact that when ordering online their website says that  you will receive an e-mail confirmation of your order. I didn't get an e-mail on the day I ordered or 23 days later when they processed the order.
View Quote

Just to note, I ain't defending anybody, I'm all for letting G,G&G (or whoever) know about a problem.  If there's been a slip up you should let somebody know, afterall, it may help prevent future mix-ups.  I just think a phone conversation will yield better results (in most cases [;)]).
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 2:46:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 8:10:03 PM EDT
[#18]
GG&G makes good stuff... As far as company, they stink. We tried to order 15 canteliver mounts... They were out and expect to have them in-stock... well they didn't know.
Tried to order back-up sights, they were out of those too.
We sent in all the paperwork and this is the company that makes the stuff. We ordered from Knight's instead.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:25:27 PM EDT
[#19]
In before the previously locked but now unlocked thread is relocked.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top