Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2002 5:39:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 5:42:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I have no problem buying things for my wife, but we rarely go to the store seperately.  When I do go alone and she needs me to pick something up for her I have no problems with it, provided she adequately describes what she needs so I don't get the wrong thing for her.

It's like buying condoms.  I never understood why some guys were embarressed about it.  I was glad I could do something that screamed to the world "Look, I'm having sex!" [}:D]

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 5:47:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Man's gotta do, what a Man's gotta do!
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 5:48:05 PM EDT
[#3]
For some weird sexually repressed reason I am more uncomfortable about buying condoms (haven't done that in a while) than buying Tampons.

Link Posted: 7/31/2002 5:48:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I've done it before, will do it again. While for some reason I do feel weird doing it (not sure why), I don't have a problem doing it. It's just something that you got to do every now and again. I know she'd do it for it for me! LOL!
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 5:50:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've done it before, will do it again. While for some reason I do feel weird doing it (not sure why), I don't have a problem doing it. It's just something that you got to do every now and again. I know she'd do it for it for me! LOL!
View Quote

She'd buy feminine products for you?  Yikes! [;D]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 5:50:53 PM EDT
[#6]
No big deal.  Can you think of a better time to pick up a few boxes of ammo or other gun related items?  
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 5:55:16 PM EDT
[#7]
You, sissy boy or what ?  Who cares man, I just get whats needed.

Try this next time at check out line, when you buy groceries, ask the register operater-

Do you think I got enough, Tp for all this food !!
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 6:00:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Not just [b]No[/b], but [b]Hell, No![/b]

I am just such a stickler for being prepared!

What? Buy tampons? Why? Did you suddenly discover that you're an adult woman?

Nor would I ask Miz Hun to pick me up a pack of extra-large, ribbed condoms when she goes to the store!

Same difference! [:D]

Eric The(SlightlyImmature)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 6:00:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I tell her to do the same thing that I have her do for me - WRITE IT DOWN!

She goes and gets car parts for me while I'm working, and I'd go get whatever she needed.

Provided, of course, that I know exactly what she needs.  How many different kinds of pads do we need - they even have a version for thongs!  I get a little worried - we don't have this much variety in condoms, you know...

FFZ
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 6:05:06 PM EDT
[#10]
No big deal.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 6:06:34 PM EDT
[#11]
A few months ago I was talking about this with my friend's and one of them said something that made a lot of sense. Would you rather be the guy waiting on line with the tampons, meaning I have a woman at home!!! or the guy buying the Playboy magazine.
Just get whatever she needs.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 6:07:19 PM EDT
[#12]
[Unfortunately speaking from experience] Cashiers do not care, or even think about, what you are buying, they just don't want to be hassled. [/Unfortunately speaking from experience]

If someone else wants to form an opinion based on your purchase they are hopeless.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 6:11:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
[Unfortunately speaking from experience] Cashiers do not care, or even think about, what you are buying, they just don't want to be hassled. [/Unfortunately speaking from experience]

If someone else wants to form an opinion based on your purchase they are hopeless.
View Quote

I will second that one. Mostly what cashier's want is for you to get your sorry tampon-buying asses out of the store so we can go BS with our buddies or sit down...
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 6:13:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, but sometimes "Aunt Flow" arrives unexpectedly early."

Nor would I ask Miz Hun to pick me up a pack of extra-large, ribbed condoms when she goes to the store!

View Quote

Yes, but I'm sure if they wouldn't be way too big for you, she would buy them for you.  She seems like a smart woman who could recognize that a trashbag over a baseball bat secured at the base with a rubberband is just plain rediculous.

[;)]

Oh, and to answer the question, I have no problem with it.  I seriously doubt that the person at the register thinks I have some sort of weird tampon fetish.  And if the cashier is a female, you just won major points.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 6:17:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Yes, it's no big deal to me.  A perfectly matural and normal thing to do.  Hell, buying condoms at 18 was more embarrasing!!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 6:18:34 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't think it's any big deal. I have actually made a special trip just for fem stuff for her before. I didn't even throw a candy bar on the deck with the box. It's no biggie for me.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 6:24:07 PM EDT
[#17]
No biggie. Never had a problem getting that stuff. When we're in the pharmacy I love to ask the little woman (in a loud clear voice using good King's English), "Honey do we need any KY or Astro Glide?" Ahhh, lifes little pleasures...
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 6:24:11 PM EDT
[#18]
ah yes!

the 18 year old male cash register clerk says "so your buying these for your girlfriend?"
i say yes.
he snickers.
i say "at least i have a girlfriend you pimple faced chode".

the shorty is, when one of us is hurting the other is there for them %100.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 6:28:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Bearing directly on this subject is a LONG joke about selling fishing tackle I will tell at HUNAPALOOZA.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 6:34:48 PM EDT
[#20]
The clerk knows they're not for you. I don't see why any man would be uncomfortable.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 6:35:05 PM EDT
[#21]
I be absolutely FEARLESS!
Tampons, Douche, Yeast Treatment
Nothing fazes me! That thing is like a car or a gun it requires maintenance!

And you gotta have the right stuff for proper maintenance!
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 6:43:49 PM EDT
[#22]
I've done it before - and I'd do it again, and I'm not even married!
It's no big deal...
I think that only men with some kind of repressed "macho,manly weenie,hope-no-one-sees-me" fear would worry about such things - (not an attack on anyone, just my opinion...) :-)
See ya @ the condom counter....
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 6:54:21 PM EDT
[#23]
I'd rather buy tampons than Preparation H. anyday.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 7:04:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 7:17:28 PM EDT
[#25]
HELL NO!
I wont, will not, aint gonna do it!

Hell, when I was in high screwl and working at the Piggly wiggly, I'd spot a man buying a jumbo pack of kotex or tampons we'd mess with him big time.  If I was working the register I'd get on the intercom and it would sound like this: "customer on isle 3 needs a price check on a jumbo pack of extra absorbant tampons 100 count"  I've seen guys just leave their buggy's and run out of the store.

Link Posted: 7/31/2002 7:21:40 PM EDT
[#26]
whats the big deal?  its just a function of life.  i would and will stand by my wife throughout all her needs.  no matter how embarassing (sp)
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 7:21:52 PM EDT
[#27]
After I thought about it, it has never been an issue in 10 years.

Link Posted: 7/31/2002 7:23:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

What? Buy tampons? Why? Did you suddenly discover that you're an  woman?

Nor would I ask Miz Hun to pick me up a pack of extra-large, ribbed s when she goes to the store!

View Quote

Dont kid yourself....your not gettin any! hahahahaha j/k[BD]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 7:25:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Why not! It's just stuff at the store.
AB
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 7:53:29 PM EDT
[#30]
I have no problem doing it. I usually get a little attitude from the female store employees when while holding a box of Tampons I ask, "You look about the same size as my wife, what size do you use?"
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 8:02:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Doesn't bother me at all.  I've never had any problems at all.  In fact, I generally have more smart asses comments when buying a gun magazine(periodical) or ammo.  Just one of the things in life that are facts.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 9:18:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

No but you might ask her to pick up a pack of x-tra small condoms [:D]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 9:21:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Just make sure they are price marked or the bar code is intact,you don't want the cashier to anounce over the PA system that she needs a price check on a large box of tampons do you?
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 10:12:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Just make sure they are price marked or the bar code is intact,you don't want the cashier to anounce over the PA system that she needs a price check on a large box of tampons do you?
View Quote

Doesnt matter.The cashier will still get on the PA screaming at the manager and asking if the kotex is still on sale.Even though I begged her not to.Why is it when they buy it they can slip it in their pocket.BUT when I buy it its the size of a Volkswagen
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 10:29:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Did it once and was never asked to do it again.

Her: Honey, could you go and get me the ones in the green box.

Me: Grumble [pissed]

Me looking in the aisle: HMMMMMMM.  [>:/]2 in a green box.  Well these super thin ones can't possably hold that much, better get the super king mattress sized ones.[thinking]

Her: how in the f&%# do you expect me to walk with these things between my legs?[pissed]

Me to myself: YES  [:D]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 10:30:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I tell her to do the same thing that I have her do for me - WRITE IT DOWN!

She goes and gets car parts for me while I'm working, and I'd go get whatever she needed.

Provided, of course, that I know exactly what she needs.  How many different kinds of pads do we need - they even have a version for thongs!  I get a little worried - we don't have this much variety in condoms, you know...

FFZ
View Quote

Hell yes FFZ! The only thing that frightens me about buying them for my wife is buying the wrong kind. [:D] Them womenz is dangerous 'round that time!
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 10:38:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's not necessarily true.  When I worked for Eckerd Drugs in Austin (30th and Guadalupe store for those that care) back in college, I had two guys come in and buy a large box of condoms, a 12 pack of Budweiser in bottles, and two ready to use enemas.  While I didn't care, I sure as hell took notice as I checked them out, as well as giving them a "You boys have fun now..." as they left.

Also, it depends on where you work.  You'd think the people that work at the more risque places would be jaded, but it's funny to listen to their stories.  A few years ago I was looking for a book as a gross out gift for a friend, and I found out through the grapevine that if I wanted it locally there was a place to get it.  Unfortunately this place was the local bondage boutique.  Anyway, I went in, found the book, and struck up a conversation with the young girl behind the counter, who was very beautiful.  I told her I couldn't imagine working in a place like that and that it must get interesting at times.  She said she didn't mind it so much, but the worst customers were the older well-off guys with money who'd come in, buy themselves womens costumes, and then ask her if their ass looked good in them trying to pick her up.  She said it was all she could do to not be totally disgusted.  Then she told me she had read the book I bought and thought it was an interesting subject.  Maybe she was pick me up, but if you knew the subject matter, you'd likely have not welcomed the advance. [}:D]

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top