Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2002 10:22:51 AM EDT
I REALLY WANT TO GO HUNTING, sadly the people  I know,  hate the idea of killing Bambi or have no interest in it whatsoever.
Anyway, is there like a  hunting association or something in AZ that I could join , cause I have never been hunting [:(],, and I want to know how to get started.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 10:25:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Where in AZ are you, and what do you want to hunt?

(What can you hunt with a Glock, anyway?  Javelina?)[:)]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 10:29:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I am in chandler.....
At least I'll be hunting something [:(]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 10:38:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Arizona's got to have some sort of state fish & game department. Perhaps they also have a hunter safety program; that'd be the perfect place to not only get certified for a license but also meet like-minded folk. Or check your phone book for gun clubs. Hunting is a great pastime; have fun. [:)]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 10:46:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 11:47:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanx  a lot  BK1 [8)]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 11:51:29 AM EDT
[#6]
She can hunt a Glock of seaguls!

[bounce]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 11:57:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 11:57:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 11:58:59 AM EDT
[#9]
See if you can get info from these guys. [url]http://www.huntingarizona.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 2:09:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 2:58:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Hunting clubs are a good bet.  You might also try a local chapter of Ducks Unlimited or another group like that.  

Try to hang out in places where hunters go.  You know, cheap roadside cafes, bars, truck accessory stores... [:D]

Link Posted: 7/31/2002 3:07:57 PM EDT
[#12]
[img]http://www.barbneal.com/GRAPHICS/taz01.gif[/img]
[b]ME Think Bambi Taste GOOD![/b]

Ask Beekeep about his Bambi marinade recipe.

[b]It make Bambi Taste More GOODER![/b]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 3:15:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
sadly the people  I know,  hate the idea of killing Bambi or have no interest in it whatsoever.
View Quote

Excuse me.... HELLO !!!!!

This statement is entirely inaccurate.

I've been hunting since I was 8 years old.

OHHHHHH..... you're saying you don't know me now.

Well I'm offended.  (so is Graak.)

[soapbox]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 5:52:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:16:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

OHHHHHH..... BLAH BLAH BLAH...
View Quote

Riiiight!  When was the last time you or Graak, went hunting in AZ!!  [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:34:10 AM EDT
[#16]
First, contact the AZ Game Commission. See what is required for yur license (hunter ed. class?) & the various seasons. Inquire whether they have Womens programs, (FL does). Second, look into a guided trip for your first time, that way you will be hunting with knowledgable, safe people for your first trip. Not only will your hunting be more pleasant, but likely more successful.This may foster your interest further. If you were to hunt with just anybody, for example, you might walk 10 miles through mesquito infested swamp and not see so much as a sparrow & think that were all there was to hunting. (Probably no swamps in AZ) but you get the point.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 3:24:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

OHHHHHH..... BLAH BLAH BLAH...
View Quote

Riiiight!  When was the last time you or Graak, went hunting in AZ!!  [rolleyes]
View Quote

Well........ miss smarty pants, I last went hunting in AZ about 2 years ago. I went hunting for dove and quail. I've also hunted rabbit here. I have applied several times for the big game hunts, but have not been picked (it's a lottery system).  But YOU never mentioned you were interested in hunting before, so there !

Besides something tells me you don't really want to go thru all the preparation, to be up before the crack of dawn, to patiently stalk your prey in the wilderness all day, and to field dress and then clean whatever game you happen to take.  No... I have a feeling that you don't want to go HUNTING, you want to go KILLING !

(not that there is anything wrong with that!)

[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:18:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
... Besides something tells me you don't really want to go thru all the preparation, to be up before the crack of dawn, yada, yada, yada....

No... I have a feeling that you don't want to go HUNTING, you want to go KILLING !
View Quote

[thinking]

Hmmm, How about I go to your place around
5:45 am.......  and give you a 5 second head-start  [kill]

[;D]

Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:27:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
... Besides something tells me you don't really want to go thru all the preparation, to be up before the crack of dawn, yada, yada, yada....

No... I have a feeling that you don't want to go HUNTING, you want to go KILLING !
View Quote

[thinking]

Hmmm, How about I go to your place around
5:45 am.......  and give you a 5 second head-start  [kill]

[;D]

View Quote

"Why, Ed Bailey. What an Ugly thing to say. I abhor ugliness. Does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know, Ed, If I thought you weren't my friend, I just don't think I could bear it."

[smoke]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:43:27 PM EDT
[#20]
[URL]http://www.gf.state.az.us/frames/index.html[/URL]

Under "What's New" look at "Publications"

Too bad you don't live in PRK. DFG has a program to introduce women to hunting.  You don't even have to be lesbian.  For now, anyway.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:44:08 PM EDT
[#21]
These sites have some very good hunting info.

www.huntamerica.com  This one will probably give you the most assistance. Lots of traffic and lots of hunters from your state.

www.24hourcampfire.com

www.accuratereloading.com  On this one click on the link THE ACCURATERELOADING FORUMS. The link HUNTING is just photos.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:46:07 PM EDT
[#22]
[red]Warning[/red]..... running low on bubble gum!!!!!

[smash]
[smoke]

[8D]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:59:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Too bad you're not in Washington:

The Associated Press
TACOMA — If you've got a gun, come on down. It's open season on wild pigs on the Olympic Peninsula.

And if you're a wild pig — living specifically in Mason or Grays Harbor counties — watch out.

No license, no limit and no restriction on weapons as long as they're otherwise legal.
View Quote

[url]http://www.thesunlink.com/news/2002/july/07164wildpigs.html[/url]

Link Posted: 8/1/2002 11:27:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
You could also get your hunting license and .22 rifle and find some public land where it is allowed and just go hunt squirrels and rabbits. I'd bet that's how most of us started?

na I started out with a .410guage .22 overunder. bird hunting got real easy when my dad bought me a 20guage wingmaster. funny I dont like shotguns anymore....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top