Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2002 6:57:24 AM EDT
I would appreciate it if anyone could point me towards any unofficial ranges in Virginia. Places that are not more than an hour or more from MD. I just want to shoot and not get hassled by the man!
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 7:02:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 12:46:52 PM EDT
[#2]
If you just want to be able to shoot as fast as you want without some range nazi getting a case of the ass, the NRA range in Fairfax allows rapid fire so long as you keep the rounds in the backstop.  

I was planning to go there this Saturday in the morning if anybody wants to meet up.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 1:10:43 PM EDT
[#3]
You would do well to (a) buddy up to the Virginia group (rumor has it some of us even have our own private ranges??), and (b) check the meetings & events forums for regular meetings at State ranges (there might even be a thread about that on there now?).  

Good luck, and hope to see you at one of the shoots one day.  Some MD members come this way occasionally.  

It's too bad there's not a big, diamond-shaped, target-rich area somewhere between MD and VA we could unload into!! (It's just a joke, Feds).

Black Fox
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 1:13:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Get back to work!
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 1:47:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Driftpunch - you're messing up that tight-knit friendly Va group I'm trying to paint for Enemy of the State!!  

Good to hear from you, though :)

Black Fox
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 8:40:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you for the info guys. I'm used to go to the Izak Walton range in Sounthern Montgomery COunty in MD, but i let my membership expire. I'll start looking at the meetings and events page. It would be nice to meet some of you guys.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:08:39 AM EDT
[#7]
I like shooting at the NRA range in NoVa.  Nice place.  If you want a range out in the country, there are a few in George Washington National Forest, but the closest I know of is about 30 minutes west of Harrisonburg, and a good trip from the DC area.  

GunLvr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top