Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2002 10:58:36 PM EDT
Back when asshole Klinton was in office he said at a private dinner that he "was a Lifetime Member of the NRA". It didn't come out until six months or so after it happened.

Even the NRA did a press release on this, IIRC.

Does anyone have a source for this that I can access? I have a leftist jackass (I know, redundant) that says it never happened.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 11:05:03 PM EDT
[#1]
i think hitlery even claimed to be a hunter and nra member.
i know klinter went on a bird hunting trip with john dingall (i think) and used a EVIL BLACK SEMI AUTO SHOTGUN CALLED A BENELLI WHICH WAS DESIGNED ONLY TO KILL PEOPLE AND COULD NEVER BE USED FOR HUNTING BECAUSE YOU WOULD BLOW THE ANIMAL TO BITS.
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 11:05:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 11:23:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Now, you know, I once had a lifetime membership in the NRA. I've even got my jacket there. I'm sure they revoked it somewhere now. (Laughter.) But you listen -- hadn't anybody missed a day of deer season on what I've done -- nobody. And nobody's been knocked out of one sporting contest for what I've advocated. But there are people alive today because of these background checks. We did the right thing. (Applause.)
View Quote

Here's a word for word account of that speech where he said the above quote.  It's on a government web site.  Maybe your "leftist jackass" friend will believe it if it comes from a government web site.

[url]clinton6.nara.gov/1999/10/1999-10-29-remarks-by-the-president-at-dnc-dinner-in-atlanta.html[/url]

The part you're looking for is down towards the bottom of the page about 7 paragraphs from the bottom.

USPC40

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 11:44:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Didn't Klinton also belong to the Black Panthers too, at one point? [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 11:53:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Didn't Klinton also belong to the Black Panthers too, at one point? [rolleyes]
View Quote

I wouldnt doubt it..
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 10:12:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Didn't Klinton also belong to the Black Panthers too, at one point?
View Quote

No. Hillary defended a female BP on murder charges. She was acquitted, IIRC. The victim was a fellow BP, kinda ironic.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 10:26:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Well he was our first black president.....Remember?......Remember everyone?

[puke]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top