Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2002 5:13:21 PM EDT
Cigarettes,this is the longest i have ever went without them and i feel GREAT!
Gee i might even make it this time.
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 5:16:04 PM EDT
[#1]
thats great, good luck
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 5:20:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Just think of the Gunz you'll be able to buy!
Good luck from an X smoker
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 5:24:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow, congrats. You're almost there.

Killin' the habit one day at a time.

[smoke][smash]
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 5:27:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 5:44:48 PM EDT
[#5]
My wife and i are doing this together and we did the math,it's $460.00 a month for the two of us at $5.50 a pack here in jersey and it's not so much the money as the fact that dawned on us, they are charging us for the pleasure of killing ourselves,fuck the cig co.'s and that is a new postban every two months with bells and whistles [:D]
And thanks for the support guys,it really is like an extended family here.
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 6:24:55 PM EDT
[#6]
That's great jrzy!
I quit Copenhagen in January, 20 year dipper I was.  If I could do it anybody could, well with a little help from nicorette that is.

[^]
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 8:40:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Cigarettes,this is the longest i have ever went without them and i feel GREAT!
Gee i might even make it this time.
View Quote

If you have made it this far the only addiction left is psychological. The nicotine is out of your system. You will only go back if you choose to. The "dog and pony show" thing of getting out the pack. tapping one out, lighting the match, lighting up, and that first drag is a powerful lure. Gets easier every day. Finally goes away completely.
Save the cigarette money in a fund and buy guns, lots of them, to really piss off McGreedy.
Stay the course and good luck!
DFB (first cig 4/2/69,last cig 2/28/86)
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 8:43:54 AM EDT
[#8]
That's awesome jrzy.

Hang in there.

Link Posted: 7/31/2002 1:06:22 PM EDT
[#9]
jrzy, it's a tough ride...hang in there.  It's great that you're both doing it together...it really helps.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 1:28:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Its the best gift you can give yourself

Dont give up
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 1:31:07 PM EDT
[#11]
jrzy, I'm on my fifteenth smoke-free day after 13 yrs of smoking 1+ pack a day. It's all psychological from here. Hang tough, it only gets easier.....
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 1:47:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My wife and i are doing this together and we did the math,it's $460.00 a month for the two of us at $5.50 a pack here in jersey and it's not so much the money as the fact that dawned on us, they are charging us for the pleasure of killing ourselves,fuck the cig co.'s and that is a new postban every two months with bells and whistles [:D]
And thanks for the support guys,it really is like an extended family here.
View Quote

Not to mention all the money you will save on future medical bills.  You know, when they have to reinstall your lungs after you hack them out.  Congrats and good luck![beer]

Link Posted: 7/31/2002 4:05:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Congratulations!  One more pack and I'm on my way to try also.  I have tried a couple of times before and failed, I'm really hoping to hang in there this time.  Good luck in your continuing efforts.

Mike

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top