Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2002 1:47:46 PM EDT
they've been marinating all day in spice and liquid smoke. whats your favorite way to cook ribs?
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 2:01:51 PM EDT
[#1]
To cook ribs right takes a long time. You need to cook them slowly at a low temperature.

My favorite is to boil them for about 20 miutes and then throw them on the smoker for about 5 hours. Use a good hardwood charcoal, lots of hickory or mesquite chips and a good dry rub.

You won't be disappointed.

Rusty
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 2:14:30 PM EDT
[#2]
the bride and I have been messing round with rib recipes ourselves lately. I got alot of good suggestions on this thread.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=127322[/url]

Big_Bears looked dam good. Last batch we made we soaked then boiled briefly in 4 bottles of Michelob Amber Bock (so nasty...what else would you do with it) and a bunch of seasonings and bay leaves. A dry rub then a bit of BBQ sauce in the last few moments on the grill. We're doing 8 pounds this Thursday.
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 3:49:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I usually rub them down with spices (garlic, salt, pepper, red pepper, Cayenne, or whatever you like) then wrap them in heavy tinfoil (save some for the hat, of course) tightly, then throw them in a 300 degree oven for a few hours. Then take them out of the oven and foil, and throw them in a hardwood grill. when they're just about brown, brush with your favorite BBQ sauce (I mix KC with some burbon and garlic-I LOVE GARLIC) and let the sauce glaze over. keep turning and adding sauce untill it's a sloppy mess. MMMMMMMMMMM!
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 4:17:59 PM EDT
[#4]
crumabn wins the prize so far.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top