Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/30/2002 1:11:33 PM EDT
OK, I just cleaned/waxed my Mustang I bought the other day (was a DIRTY mo-fo..sat on the lot for over 4 months!!)...

Now I just worked my ass off using Mecguires(sp?) Heavy Cut Cleaner (VERY GOOD STUFF.. caution..it will take the paint off if you let it sit) removing all the water spots on it.

Should I put wax on my windows to prevent more water spots? Including the windshield and mirrors?

How would wax on my windshield effect my wipers?

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 1:13:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 1:16:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Rain X works very well grasshopper, sans wax or windshield.
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 1:31:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Rain-X works well on windows.  Even on the INSIDE if you wish.  Makes them slippery and less likely to spot, smudge or streak.

You have already found the finest brand of care products.  Stay with them and oyu can't go wrong!  Avoid silicone as much as possible as it is really hard to get rid of when doing any paint work.  Armourall seems to promote mildew growth too for some reason.
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 1:42:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I just don't want the friggin water spots to come back!!!! :-/
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 1:43:21 PM EDT
[#5]
WOO HOO!!!

Going on 5 months without washing the outside of car here in the great northwest!!

I get burned EVERYTIME!!

It seems like everytime I wash my car, it rains the next day. So I'm fighting back.
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 2:57:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
WOO HOO!!!

Going on 5 months without washing the outside of car here in the great northwest!!

I get burned EVERYTIME!!

It seems like everytime I wash my car, it rains the next day. So I'm fighting back.
View Quote

Wash your friggin car man! We need rain really badly here!!!

Have any idea what it is like to move piles of dirt in your yard with a tractor when it hasnt rained in a couple weeks???  DUST EVERYWHERE....
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 9:28:05 PM EDT
[#7]
ComputerGuy,

It isn't recommended that you wax windows. Go with the products that are designed/advertised for glass.

Oh ya, good choice on products. Meguiers rocks! (I used to work in the automotive paint business)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top