Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/30/2002 11:51:43 AM EDT
I want your opinion.

I send a company that advertises on this board some $$ for a part that they were advertising for. Acted like they had lots of these to sell. It has been about 5-6 weeks. The story I get is 'we haven't gotten the parts from the manufacture yet, BUT when we do you shall receive it'.

I bet they get everyone's money together then order mass quantity to get the lower price.

Seems to me you should not take money for something you cant ship. At the least keep me informed. Contacting them is like pulling teeth. Takes em a week or more to respond to any emails sent.

I say poor customer service.
Horse Crap? You decide.

Added by RAF:  I've locked this topic as per SOP on this sort of thing.  The issue is unresolved so far, with only the thread authors viewpoint (right or wrong) represented fully.
Re-post this topic AFTER final resolution, please.
This is policy for all vendor complains, not just advertisers on this site.
Mzzlbrk, I'm unable to e-mail you, and your IM mailbox is full.  Thus this public message.
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 11:56:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Ok,  who are they?
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 12:00:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I dont want to say as the thread might get locked for me bashing a paying advertiser. I see to much trouble over this kind of thing.
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 12:05:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Know what you mean. I bought a firearm from an online auction site and got a raw deal (gun in need of major repair to make  shootable). Seller would not take it back and I filed a  fraud case against him.Haven't heard from them about the case in 3 months. I keep sending e-mails asking the status of it with no response.
If you don't get a good response from this company let us know, so we can avoid using them.
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 12:14:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I dont want to say as the thread might get locked for me bashing a paying advertiser. I see to much trouble over this kind of thing.
View Quote

Then why post at all.
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 12:19:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I want your opinion.

I send a company that advertises on this board some $$ for a part that they were advertising for. Acted like they had lots of these to sell. It has been about 5-6 weeks. The story I get is 'we haven't gotten the parts from the manufacture yet, BUT when we do you shall receive it'.

I bet they get everyone's money together then order mass quantity to get the lower price.

Seems to me you should not take money for something you cant ship. At the least keep me informed. Contacting them is like pulling teeth. Takes em a week or more to respond to any emails sent.

I say poor customer service.
Horse Crap? You decide.
View Quote

This is why for the most part, I try to order everything with a credit card. By law, a credit card cannot be debited until the merchandise ships.
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 12:39:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Then why post at all.
View Quote

Well I wanted to get some opinions and see if others had any trouble with companys on this board.  Why respond to my post at all if you are just going push buttons.

If you must know it is with Gunsmoke and the RRA lowers they are selling. Has anybody had any trouble with these guys?
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 12:43:15 PM EDT
[#7]
For me to poop on.....

[img]http://www.nbc.com/photos/Late_Night/Late_Night_with_Conan_O'Brien/1LCOab99.jpg[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top