Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2002 10:01:16 AM EDT
i dont know if any of you have seen this but i just came across it.  

Guns and violence

Paul Craig Roberts

Blaming violence on guns and fanning hysteria over accidental deaths to children from firearms are staples of antigun propaganda. Media help gun-control zealots spread false information that gun ownership and self-defense are certain paths to injury and death. Handgun Control Inc., gives erroneous advice that if you are attacked, the best way to avoid injury "is to put up no defense." Anti-gun zealots blame the actions of criminals on guns and argue that disarming law-abiding gun owners is the best way to reduce the crime rate.
    Scholars such as Gary Kleck, Don Kates and John Lott have demonstrated the falsity of these claims. Now comes an important new book from Harvard University Press. "Guns and Violence" by Bentley College history professor Joyce Lee Malcolm brings new evidence that guns reduce violence.

read the rest here:    
[url]http://www.washtimes.com/commentary/20020730-23396541.htm[/url]

it was 2 long to post.

Link Posted: 7/30/2002 10:13:57 AM EDT
[#1]
See what happened to 3 of the 4 flights on 9-11 that put up no resistance?

OK, so all 4 crashed. But I'd rather die in a fireball with my foot broken off in a terrorists a$$ than sitting there paraying nobody hurts me.

Sorry. I am a little touchy when it comes to "passively" handling violence...
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 10:16:18 AM EDT
[#2]
This is a pretty good read.  Short and to the point.  I actually made copies and distributed it to my anti-gun co-workers.
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 10:25:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Good article... I wish I had that on hand when I was arguing with a coworker the other day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top