Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2002 11:01:43 PM EDT
Wonder which way he went.....

GODLEY, Texas (Reuters) -- An argument over who was going to heaven and who was going to hell ended with one Texas man shooting another to death with a shotgun, police said Monday.

[url]http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/07/29/afterlife.argument.reut/index.html[/url]

The man charged in the slaying is a corrections officer.

Johnny Joslin, 20, was allegedly shot by Clayton Frank Stoker, 21, on Sunday. The two had spent Saturday night bar hopping with two other men in Fort Worth, about 40 miles (65 kilometers) northeast of Godley.

Johnson County Sheriff Bob Alford said a witness who was the designated driver for the group told police the four men were sitting at a table outside a trailer park after their night on the town and began arguing about religion.

The talk became heated when the subject turned to who would go to heaven and who would go to hell.

Stoker said he would settle the argument and went into a house and returned with a shotgun, which he loaded and placed in his mouth, Alford said the witness reported.

"The victim Joslin then took the gun out of Stoker's mouth, saying, 'If you have to shoot somebody, shoot me,"' Alford said, citing the witness report.

The shotgun went off, hitting Joslin in the chest and killing him.

Stoker, a Johnson County corrections officer, has been arrested and charged with first-degree murder, Alford said.

Link Posted: 7/29/2002 11:28:01 PM EDT
[#1]
That's about as Darwinian as it gets.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 11:32:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 11:42:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Mix 4 parts "buddies in trailer park".

Add beer.

Blend in theological argument.

Add shotgun.

Shake vigorously.
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 12:48:08 AM EDT
[#4]
[b]Stoker said he would settle the argument and went into a house and returned with a shotgun, which he loaded and placed in his mouth, Alford said the witness reported. [/b]

Did someone hear a muffled 'hey you all, watch this....'
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 3:19:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I wonder which one was right??
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 3:32:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
GODLEY, Texas (Reuters) -- An argument over who was going to heaven and who was going to hell ended with one Texas man shooting another to death with a shotgun, police said Monday.
View Quote

See?!? And that's why I will NOT attend a certain event in October. Especially not after having heard the reports from the last one and the BRC.
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 3:42:48 AM EDT
[#7]
"You goin' to Hell, Boy!"

God
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 3:50:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
"You goin' to Hell, Boy!"

God
View Quote

[:D] BWAHAHA!!!!! LOL!!!
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 5:28:36 AM EDT
[#9]
"The man charged in the slaying is a corrections officer."

I guess you guys aren't particular about your LEOs in Texas? [:D]
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 5:35:40 AM EDT
[#10]
i may be wrong... but i BELIEVE it was FDR who said.."if you want to see the worst of the worst, the absolute scum of the earth...go to our prisons and look around....you will see plenty..they are the people who guard the prisoners..because they need to feel superior to someone.." i paraphrase  ..a little.
john in houston
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 5:36:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
"The man charged in the slaying is a corrections officer."

I guess you guys aren't particular about your LEOs in Texas? [:D]
View Quote

Mind what you say about Texas, you SOB, or we'll come up there and marry into your family.
[BD]
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 6:30:35 AM EDT
[#12]
So has anybody heard from Joslin?  Did he win the argument?
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 6:52:10 AM EDT
[#13]
How'd I know when I read this topic, it'd be in a trailor park[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 8:59:46 AM EDT
[#14]
kar98, you talking about knob creek in october? What happend?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top