Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 67
Posted: 9/8/2012 6:52:03 PM EDT
saw this on facebook:

Hey guys, this is Jerry Tsai, Editor of RECOIL. I think I need to jump in here and clarify what I wrote in the MP7A1 article. It looks like I may not have stated my point clearly enough in that line that is quoted up above. Let's be clea
r, neither RECOIL nor I are taking the stance on what should or should not be made available on the commercial market although I can see how what was written can be confused as such.

Because we don't want anything to be taken out of context, let's complete that quote and read the entire paragraph:

"Like we mentioned before, the MP7A1 is unavailable to civilians and for good reason. We all know that’s technology no civvies should ever get to lay their hands on. This is a purpose-built weapon with no sporting applications to speak of. It is made to put down scumbags, and that’s it. Mike Cabrera of Heckler & Koch Law Enforcement Sales and veteran law enforcement officer with SWAT unit experience points out that this is a gun that you do not want in the wrong, slimy hands. It comes with semi-automatic and full-auto firing modes only. Its overall size places it between a handgun and submachine gun. Its assault rifle capabilities and small size make this a serious weapon that should not be taken lightly."

Let' also review why this gun should not be taken lightly. In the article it was stated that the MP7A1 is a slightly larger than handgun sized machine-gun that can be accurately fired and penetrate Soviet style body armor at more than 300 yards. In the wrong hands, that's a bad day for the good guys.

As readers of RECOIL, we all agree that we love bad-ass hardware, there's no question about that. I believe that in a perfect world, all of us should have access to every kind of gadget that we desire. Believe me, being a civvie myself, I'd love to be able to get my hands on an MP7A1 of my own regardless of its stated purpose, but unfortunately the reality is that it isn't available to us. As a fellow enthusiast, I know how frustrating it is to want something only to be denied it.

Its manufacturer has not made the gun available to the general public and when we asked if it would ever come to the commercial market, they replied that it is strictly a military and law enforcement weapon, adding that there are no sporting applications for it. Is it wrong that HK decided against selling a full-auto pocket sized machine gun that can penetrate armor from hundreds of yards away? It's their decision to make and their decision they have to live with not mine nor anybody else's.

I accepted their answer for what it was out of respect for those serving in uniform. I believe that we as gun enthusiasts should respect our brothers in law enforcement, agency work and the military and also keep them out of harms way. Like HK, I wouldn't want to see one of these slip into the wrong hands either. Whether or not you agree with this is fine. I am compelled to explain a point that I was trying to make that may have not been clear.

Thanks for reading,
- JT, Editor, RECOIL

UPDATE 9/14:
Advertisers who HAVE NOT jumped ship
5.11 Tactical
Advanced Armament Corp. AAC
American tactical
Bushmaster firearms
Camillus Knives
Chiappa Firearms, Ltd.
Close Quarter Battle K9 CQBk9
Glock Worx
Gun Vault
Knights Armament KAC
Laser Devices
Leupold Tactical Optics
Mechanix wear
Mega Arms
Mossberg
Night Optics USA
NightForce Optics Inc.
Precision Reflex Inc.
Pro Tool Industries
Rainier
Rock River Arms
Smith Optics Elite
Spikes Tactical
Springfield Armory
Tacticool Guns and Gear
Tec X Knives
Trijicon
Warrior One Guns & Ammo
Winchester ammunition
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 6:54:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Zumbo Round II
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 6:54:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Idiot.
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 6:55:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Fuck Recoil.
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 6:55:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like a firemission.
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 6:56:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Fuck you, JT, editor of Recoil magazine. How the fuck did you get your job, instead of the one more suited to your sensitive nature, like editor of Marie Claire or Seventeen? Bitch!
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 6:56:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Well fuck, won't be giving them any more of my money.

Kinda sucks, I liked the magazine.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 6:56:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Well guess I won't buy another issue of Recoil.
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 6:57:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, bye
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 6:58:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Fuck Recoil.

I believe that's what caused me to go into the wrong hole once.

Link Posted: 9/8/2012 6:58:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Kinda seems like a moot point since we're not allowed to own it anyway, regardless of HK thinks.
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 6:59:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Kinda seems like a moot point since we're not allowed to own it anyway, regardless of HK thinks.

Since H&K has no plans to sell it to civilians I wonder if they have a patent on file for a semiauto version.
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 7:00:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Been strokin' the corporate HK knob and some rubbed off.
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 7:00:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Only LEO and military need such a gun, and by H&K saying "no civilian sales" this will insure that no MP7A1's get into the wrong hands..........

Sounds like someone stepped on their dick and now they are back peddling.

Link Posted: 9/8/2012 7:02:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Fuck Recoil.

Link Posted: 9/8/2012 7:03:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That's what I was thinking.

Doesn't mean this editor isn't a fuckin' douche-bag, of course...!
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 7:04:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/8/2012 7:04:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Damnit, I used some of my $25 from Google Play for my Nexus 7 purchase on that rag.  Guess I'll have to make sure it does not auto renew.
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 7:05:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Stupid!  Who the fuck reads magazines anymore anyway............
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 7:06:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

i've got the first two issues. doesn't look like I'll be getting #3.
Zumbomania.
H&K are elitest swine anyway. I don't even keep up with the guns they produce.
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 7:06:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck Recoil.

Hey recoil is fun, lets clarify..

Fuck RECOIL MAGAZINE
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 7:08:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Now I kind of hope somebody comes out with a 4.6mm pistol or carbine, just to spite this prick.
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 7:08:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Where is this written. I don't see it on their FB page.
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 7:08:40 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck Recoil.

Hey recoil is fun, lets clarify..

Fuck RECOIL MAGAZINE

Link Posted: 9/8/2012 7:10:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Link?
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 7:12:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Wow. What an asshole.
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 7:13:58 PM EDT
[#27]
What I found on their website:

http://www.recoilweb.com/larry-vickers-demos-hk-mp7-7665.html

Unfortunately the MP7 is only available currently to Mil and LE, but it will be one the guns available to use in EA’s upcoming Medal of Honor Warfighter video game.

Link Posted: 9/8/2012 7:14:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 7:15:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Well fuck, won't be giving them any more of my money.

Kinda sucks, I liked the magazine.  

Link Posted: 9/8/2012 7:15:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 7:16:11 PM EDT
[#31]
What does he think of Fox News?
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 7:16:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Wait, more man drama in the gun world?

Who cares either way, HK doesn't sell it to non mil or LE anyway.  There's a reason I don't buy HK stuff, they are asses.  

That and the loose rounds spamming the page and thread trying to salvage readers is pretty funny.
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 7:18:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed

Tsai...  is that Chinese for FUDD....??

Link Posted: 9/8/2012 7:18:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Yeah because making pinholes behind light body armor is a serious threat.

ETA: It sounds like HK told him it wouldn't come to the market because of 922(r) compliance, which he took to mean they didn't want to give it to civilians, then threw some antigun drivel on top.  What a cornball.

Too bad Zumbo was a fluke.  It'd be nice to think the gun community could actually have an influence in media.
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 7:18:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Hey Recoil, don't worry about sorting out your home delivery issues. For some reason, I'm no longer interested. Fucking douches.
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 7:19:57 PM EDT
[#36]
RECOIL magazine taught me how to properly match my paracord bracelet and Sears brand Sportcoat with my 5.11 boots and Magpul headband.

How could I give that up?
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 7:20:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Tag
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 7:20:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Wait, more man drama in the gun world?

Who cares either way, HK doesn't sell it to non mil or LE anyway.  There's a reason I don't buy HK stuff, they are asses.  

That and the loose rounds spamming the page and thread trying to salvage readers is pretty funny.

You do realize this doesn't actually have anything to do with the MP7, right?
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 7:20:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Well, that was stupid.
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 7:21:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
saw this on facebook:

Hey guys, this is Jerry Tsai, Editor of RECOIL. I think I need to jump in here and clarify what I wrote in the MP7A1 article. It looks like I may not have stated my point clearly enough in that line that is quoted up above. Let's be clea
r, neither RECOIL nor I are taking the stance on what should or should not be made available on the commercial market although I can see how what was written can be confused as such.

Because we don't want anything to be taken out of context, let's complete that quote and read the entire paragraph:

"Like we mentioned before, the MP7A1 is unavailable to civilians and for good reason. We all know that’s technology no civvies should ever get to lay their hands on. This is a purpose-built weapon with no sporting applications to speak of. It is made to put down scumbags, and that’s it. Mike Cabrera of Heckler & Koch Law Enforcement Sales and veteran law enforcement officer with SWAT unit experience points out that this is a gun that you do not want in the wrong, slimy hands. It comes with semi-automatic and full-auto firing modes only. Its overall size places it between a handgun and submachine gun. Its assault rifle capabilities and small size make this a serious weapon that should not be taken lightly."

Let' also review why this gun should not be taken lightly. In the article it was stated that the MP7A1 is a slightly larger than handgun sized machine-gun that can be accurately fired and penetrate Soviet style body armor at more than 300 yards. In the wrong hands, that's a bad day for the good guys.

As readers of RECOIL, we all agree that we love bad-ass hardware, there's no question about that. I believe that in a perfect world, all of us should have access to every kind of gadget that we desire. Believe me, being a civvie myself, I'd love to be able to get my hands on an MP7A1 of my own regardless of its stated purpose, but unfortunately the reality is that it isn't available to us. As a fellow enthusiast, I know how frustrating it is to want something only to be denied it.

Its manufacturer has not made the gun available to the general public and when we asked if it would ever come to the commercial market, they replied that it is strictly a military and law enforcement weapon, adding that there are no sporting applications for it. Is it wrong that HK decided against selling a full-auto pocket sized machine gun that can penetrate armor from hundreds of yards away? It's their decision to make and their decision they have to live with not mine nor anybody else's.

I accepted their answer for what it was out of respect for those serving in uniform. I believe that we as gun enthusiasts should respect our brothers in law enforcement, agency work and the military and also keep them out of harms way. Like HK, I wouldn't want to see one of these slip into the wrong hands either. Whether or not you agree with this is fine. I am compelled to explain a point that I was trying to make that may have not been clear.

Thanks for reading,
- JT, Editor, RECOIL

Fuck Jerry Tsai, Recoil magazine, HK, and "sporting purposes".
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 7:21:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Mr. Tsai,

You should aquaint yourself with the second amendment.

By this I do not mean the actual amendement, which we all know, but rather, the writers intent. You can start by googleing the founders statements in reference.

If you wish to become actually educated, start with Stephen Halbrooks " the Founders Second Amendment", a definative book on the subject written by a Constitutional Scholor who has argued before the Supreme Court.

I also recomend" The Federalist Papers" by Alexander Hamilton, John Jay, and Jame Madison, the actual writers of the Constitution, inwhich theu explain in great detail the inent of the articles of the constitution. Also, the" Making of a Republic, the Great Documents", a gathering of the documents related to the founding of this country.

There is no " Sporting Use" test in the Second Amendment. The Second amendment is not about hunting, or fun.

The intent of the Second Amendment was for the entier populace to be armed with MILITARY ARMS to provide for the common defense, and to balance the government by retaining the ability to overthrow the government by force if need be.

Military Arms are EXACTLY the type we were meant  to have.

Support of restrictions will not be well recieved here.

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom of Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any bands of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States" (Noah Webster in `An Examination into the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution', 1787, a pamphlet aimed at swaying Pennsylvania toward ratification, in Paul Ford, ed., Pamphlets on the Constitution of the United States, at 56(New York, 1888))

"Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people" (Tench Coxe, Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788)The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)

The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)

The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." –– (Thomas Jefferson)

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence ... From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable . . . the very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good" (George Washington)

Link Posted: 9/8/2012 7:22:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Once in a while I like to pick up a gun magazine to read when I'm waiting around at work. Occasionally I would choose Recoil. No longer. Fuck them, they won't get a single goddamn penny from me.

Link Posted: 9/8/2012 7:22:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Meh see ya losers
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 7:22:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
saw this on facebook:

Thanks for reading,
- JT, Editor, RECOIL

Does this dimwit work for the Brady Bunch? No sporting purpose, semi-auto and full auto ONLY, pocket sized machine gun, penetrates armor from hundreds of yards away. I looked their lame ass magazine over once and put it back on the news stand. They won't last long.
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 7:23:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Yeah because making pinholes behind light body armor is a serious threat.

HUNDREDS OF YARDS!!!
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 7:24:44 PM EDT
[#46]
its interesting that   Trey Knight  of KAC is defending that  POS   JT and the magazine
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 7:24:57 PM EDT
[#47]
HK = Because you suck, and we hate you.

Guess I'll turn to FN and the PS-90 for all my soft body armor defeating PDW needs.

We could probably pull a Zumbo on this guy if we put our minds to it...see how many advertisers we can get to drop his mag...

Link Posted: 9/8/2012 7:26:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Yawn.  The kind of jibber-jabber I'd expect from an HK mouth piece about the MP7.

People that see themselves as serving the LE community often think certain things shouldn't be owned by mere mortals.  Fuck 'em.

HK is NEVER going to put the R&D into developing a semiautomatic version of a less-than-successful select-fire PDW.  The few users in the special mission units use it as a suppressed bullet-hose.  Basically that's it's niche.

And HK isn't all in a lather to make semiautomatic versions of any of its select-fire military arms.  Never have been.  They abandoned the HK91 / 93 / 94 series even before the AWB (yes, there was the G.H.W. Bush 1989 EO, but they made no effort work around it like other overseas companies did).  Their semi-auto MR 556 and MR 762 uses a proprietary lower receiver.

Compare this to FNH and the PS90 - they sell those!  And if 5.7x28mm is supposed to useless, how is 4.6x30mm any wunderpatronen?

So regardless of the stupid shit the Recoil editor said, HK isn't going to sell a semi-auto carbine version / pistol version of the MP7.
Link Posted: 9/8/2012 7:27:07 PM EDT
[#49]
I hadn't heard of Recoil magazine before this thread.  Too bad, it looks like they might have had some decent info.  

This is also another reminder of HK's unofficial motto:  "you suck and we hate you"

At least it has cured my recent lusting after the P30. . .

Link Posted: 9/8/2012 7:28:47 PM EDT
[#50]

Hey Jerry..???

You may want to learn this:

"你要薯條與..嗎?"

It may help your new career.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 67
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top