Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2002 9:57:29 AM EDT
parking lot?

I wanted to get some shirts that were on sale at Macy's. So, I went to one of the big malls where I can go shopping, check out some hot women, and just relax. This particular mall is huge and so is the parking lot. It's also a popular mall, so parking is sometimes a bitch.
I'm cruising around the parking lot looking for a place to park. I get almost halfway through this area and some lady in a huge SUV is going down the wrong way. There's not enough room to pass, so I wait for her to back up. We're sitting there eyeing each other and finally she motions out her window for me to back up. WTF? I lean out my window and tell her she went down the wrong way, so she should back up. She gets impatient and starts to cuss and so on. I see that she had some of her kids in the SUV, so I, for once, refrained from cussing back. I just told her that she's a great role model for her kids. That lit her up even more and now she's really screaming. While this was going on, a couple of more cars start to line up behind me. Finally, some guy in a truck starts to yell at the mom and she relents and backs up.
All of this could of been avoided if people just wouldn't go down the wrong way.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 10:11:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Perhaps most people are idiots and can't drive would be my chosen explanation.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 10:14:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I worked with a guy who thought that laws and rules that didnt benefit him simply didnt apply to him. If there's one there must be more!
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 11:12:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Cuz they are friggin morons...they should make this a part of the driver's license test.  Go down the wrong way in a parking lot, you don't get your license...

Link Posted: 7/29/2002 11:20:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I worked with a guy who thought that laws and rules that didnt benefit him simply didnt apply to him. If there's one there must be more!
View Quote

Excellent point!!!  Kind of like speed limits I guess.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 11:26:24 AM EDT
[#5]
John91498 was it the del amo mall??
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 11:26:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 11:45:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
BAN PARKING LOTS!!
View Quote

...it's for the children.

the_reject
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 11:47:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
BAN PARKING LOTS!!
View Quote

the_reject
View Quote

Damn, you beat me to it!
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 11:47:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
BAN PARKING LOTS!!
View Quote

BAN SOCCER MOMS!!!  [:D]

Link Posted: 7/29/2002 11:48:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 11:50:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
BAN SOCCER MOMS!!!
View Quote

the_reject
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 11:53:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Don't know but I got in an accident because of some blasted lady doing just that.

She goes wrong way, I'm pulling out of space.  She stops, I'm facing her.  Theres enough room for me to go around but I have to back up a couple feet (she didn't seem like she was willing to budge).  Guy behind me in my blind spot was going for the park I just got out of.  Boom.

I will admit though there are times when the lot doesn't make much sense on which direction you should be going.  The arrow used to be painted one way then slightly faded then it faces the other way, also slightly faded.  But sometimes in those instances there is enough room to go around another car...sometimes.  But I doubt this is one of those instances you are referring to.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 11:55:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I like the guys who sail though the parking lots sideways to the rows and then expect you driving slowing down the lanes to yield to them.
View Quote

Especially when you can get in their way, while pretending to be just another sheeple looking for a good parking spot.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 11:57:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Trust me, there are more.  P.s. Don't ever come to Miami. *sigh*
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 12:10:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

It was South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa, CA.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 12:12:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
BAN SOCCER MOMS!!!
View Quote

the_reject
View Quote

What pissed me off the most was the way she went on and on while her children were right there in the SUV. I mean show some class in front of your kids. sheesh.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 12:18:27 PM EDT
[#17]
People do NOT care about anyone but themselves.
Last month I took a Monday off. Went to my bank branch in a supermarket. I come out to an argument. A young lady apparently backed into a mans car. He was coming down the lane and she was backing out. She's yelling at him saying he's at fault. "Don't you know you're supposed to be watching for people backing up?"
Nothing is anyone's fault. It's always the other guy.
I'm sounding more and more like my father. I must be getting OLD!
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 12:30:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Prob. the same reason why they go the wrong way on a one way street so they don't have to go all the way around the block, and start honking at you when your going the RIGHT WAY, to get out of thier way so they can pull into a parking spot/driveway/garage.

I think it's another case of INTO-HaMAK-BuTFucD-LaW-LADI disorder (I need to have my ass kicked but the fuc'ng demoncrap laws won't let anybody do it)

-Justin
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 12:33:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Ugh hate that lot.  Not as bad as Westminster Mall but bad nonetheless.  Then again only been through there at night so can't compare to daytime...
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 12:43:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Some lots can be confusing, especially when you mix conditions involving out-of-towners with poor or absent lot markings.  However, in the case you have here, attitude clearly shows signs of elitist arrogance.  The best part is the education her kids are receiving.

What gets my goat are the people in the parking lot at my apartment.  The lane is just wide enough for two cars to pass.  Almost daily, there is someone "double parked" in the lot waiting for...something.  Of course, they will do this three spaces away from an empty space.  I can't imagine that pulling into the space and pulling back out would cause that much wear on your vehicle.  Most of these are pretty worn in, anyway.

I feel better.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 1:09:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Ugh hate that lot.  Not as bad as Westminster Mall but bad nonetheless.  Then again only been through there at night so can't compare to daytime...
View Quote

The lot sucks, but the mall is badass. There're always some serious hotties who shop there.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 1:13:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Some lots can be confusing, especially when you mix conditions involving out-of-towners with poor or absent lot markings.  However, in the case you have here, attitude clearly shows signs of elitist arrogance.  The best part is the education her kids are receiving.

View Quote

This particular lot has the parking spaces slanted at a 45 degree angle and the directional arrows are clearly marked. If you were to go the wrong way, you'd have to back into the space because there's no room to maneuver.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 1:21:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 1:23:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 2:49:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top