Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2002 3:54:12 PM EDT
How are house prices?  What is crime like?  How are apartment prices?  Whats the gun community like down there?  If I do move down there is someone going to be my friend[:)]?  How hard is it to get your CCW?
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 3:56:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
How are house prices?  What is crime like?  How are apartment prices?  Whats the gun community like down there?  If I do move down there is someone going to be my friend[:)]?  How hard is it to get your CCW?
View Quote

(1) High
(2) Low
(3) Not many too choose from
(4) Heavy populated & armed
(5) I will
(6) Easy if you have a clean background and can hit where you're aiming.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 5:49:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Any other comments on the area?
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 6:01:53 PM EDT
[#3]
(1) High
(2) High (compared to Wyoming)
(3) High
(4) What Winston said
(5) When in Tucson I will
(6) Easy
(7) Learn Spanish if you plan to stay
(8) Why???
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 6:07:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I may transfer with the company I work for.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 6:09:19 PM EDT
[#5]
1) High, Gilbert is becoming the new "little Scottsdale"
2) Low, no higher than any other east valley city.
3)Apartments in Gilbert are available, usually a little higher than other east valley cities
4)Very friendly, very armed, and very many
5)I will be your friend.
6) Very easy, and very inexpensive
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 6:27:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Glibert is a great "town". I grew up there. There really are no bad parts to Gilbert. There are no ghetto areas. As far as housing goes you have a lot of options. New houses in Gilbert are a bit more expensive than Mesa or Chandler. You could move to many different cities around here and be close to everything.

They just built a 20+ stadium seating movie theater by the town hall. There are about 4 malls within 15 miles. Crime is very low. I have to friends that are LEO's in Gilbert and they are not busy at all. Gilbert is like a rural community that is turning into a suburb. Most people around are very friendly. If you want any more info on the Phx, east valley area, let me know. Good Luck
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 9:49:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Scahpman,

I'm betting you work for Echostar. I was out in Cheyenne last summer doing a training class on one of the new Echostar birds, and ran in to an old army buddy who is working in earth station operations over there. Cheyenne is a windy bastard! I understand that the station in Gilbert is going to just keep growing. Too bad they aren't hiring any spacecraft ops folks out there(at least I haven't seen any jobs for that open up there). I would be very tempted to move there and get out of CA.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 10:03:08 PM EDT
[#8]
schapman43,

the valley of the sun is nice - even at this time of year. The Arizona CCW is not difficult to get, see [URL=http://www.scottsdalegunclub.com/Questions/ArizonaCCW.html]Arizone CCW Permit[/URL] and, once you arrive, visit us at [URL=http://www.scottsdalegunclub.com]Scottsdale Gun Club[/URL]. I think your other qustions have already been ansered in detail.
Ciao,
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 10:10:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Well make sure to go to the Arizona AR15.com shoot on October 19th.  You can meet some of your new heavily armed neighbors.

Welcome.  

Aladdin
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top