Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2002 2:15:11 AM EDT
anyone else looking forward to this?

[url]http://www.cinecon.com/movies.php3?m=terminator3[/url]

Premise: Years after the destruction of the A.I. chip developed by Miles Dyson and Cyberdyne Systems, it seems as if John and Sarah Connor has, indeed, stopped the war between man and machine. Still cautious, however, Sarah has now secluded herself and joined a militia group in California to prepare herself for any danger to come.

John, however, has moved on. He now lives a normal life, for he runs a successful computer programming company. But after a discussion with his mother, the thought of Skynet rising from nowhere enters his mind. John decides to investigate and after hacking into Cyberdyne's mainframe computers, he discoveres a project that is protected heavily called "Skynet".

After his discovery, two Terminator machines are sent from the future with the intent, again, for one to destroy him and another sent by himself in the future to protect him. The model to protect him is the T-800. But the model to destroy him, the T-1G, is even more deadlier than the feared T-1000 that they had a difficult time to destroy. Instead of liquid metal, the T-1G is made up of sentient frequency matter, rendering it nearly impossible to destroy.

It is up to John Connor and the T-800 to stop the rising of Skynet and the beginnings of the invention of artificial intelligence before an armageddon of the war between man and machine can occur. Not only does John have to worry about saving man, but he also must worry about saving himself.

I cant wait.

Link Posted: 7/28/2002 2:23:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm seriously skeptical.

First of all, they got some other dude to play John Connor. - Not Eddie Furlong (Who still looks young enough to play the part)

Also... the main storyline is that this time a big, bad, FEMALE terminator is going back for him. I dunno, it's hard to beat Linda Hamilton in the "tough chick" role from T2. I loved the scene with the suppressed Colt when she goes after Dyson.

Great stuff..  but T3 is gonna suck. [:(] (My guess)

Check out: [url]http://www.imdb.com[/url]
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 2:27:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I loved the scene with the suppressed Colt when she goes after Dyson.
View Quote

Me too, I rewound that part like 10 times, she was a shitty shot though..

View Quote

I hope not.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 4:20:44 AM EDT
[#3]
It's about freakin' time for T3. T2 was a mega-blockbuster when it came out July 3, 1991. We at college thought it was an eternity between the first Terminator movie and this one.

Considering how good the first one was, we were a little skeptical that its sequel could live up to the hype. But we were stoked anyway.

We couldn't even see it on its first night of showing on the 3rd. Sold out. Went back on the 4th and were simply blown away. Awestruck. Perhaps the greatest sequel in the history of moviemaking. Better than a very good original.

I hope #3 doesn't get screwed up. A "female" terminator? Sheesh. We'll see.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 5:04:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Who plays the t-800?
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 5:21:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Afraid you're right.  When James Cameron opted out of the project, it died before beginning.  T2 is a classic and will be almost impossible to beat.

Link Posted: 7/28/2002 5:57:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Kristanna Loken as the "Terminatrix"

[img]http://members.fortunecity.com/veggie68b/kristannaloken/KristannaLoken.jpg[/img]
[img]http://members.fortunecity.com/veggie68b/Kristanna%20Loken%2005.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 7/28/2002 6:32:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Afraid you're right.  When James Cameron opted out of the project, it died before beginning.  T2 is a classic and will be almost impossible to beat.

View Quote

Let me get this straight....No James Cameron, thus no Ahnold-man, no Linda Hamilton. Yep, it'll suck. [:(]

But I'll go see it just to make sure. [;)]
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 6:41:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Let me get this straight....No James Cameron, thus no Ahnold-man, no Linda Hamilton. Yep, it'll suck. [:(]

But I'll go see it just to make sure. [;)]
View Quote

Arnold is in it . He's making $30 million for this movie
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 6:46:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Ooops, my bad.

Since he teamed up with Cameron for the first two I just sort of...ah...er...assumed (ick) he wouldn't be involved with this one.

Cameron had a great idea for the first two movies. I hope they found a storyteller that is as capable.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 6:49:27 AM EDT
[#10]
I was hoping they would have released this movie on August 29th, 1997 (six years after T2 came out, so it was a reasonable hope.)

THAT would've been cool.

Link Posted: 7/28/2002 6:56:52 AM EDT
[#11]
It's going to suck.  The Terminator series is James Cameron's baby, and by opting out of T3, that sends a pretty clear message that it's not up to par.

Here's hoping the new Conan movie, if it happens, is better than this crap.

This is the kid they've got to play John Conner:
[img]http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Events/1442/NickStahl_Grani_483146_400.jpg[/img]

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 6:59:22 AM EDT
[#12]
I know that the pistol that Arnold Schwarzenegger will be using. I talk to the people who are making the pistol. It will be made by a canadian company called pinecast or pinetree I think out of tornoto ??. Any ways Its a big 5 shot 20ga. pistol.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 11:43:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I was hoping they would have released this movie on August 29th, 1997 (six years after T2 came out, so it was a reasonable hope.)

THAT would've been cool.

View Quote

Isn't that the date the machines launched the nuclear attack? (In the storyline)

[?]
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 11:45:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It's going to suck.  The Terminator series is James Cameron's baby, and by opting out of T3, that sends a pretty clear message that it's not up to par.

Here's hoping the new Conan movie, if it happens, is better than this crap.

This is the kid they've got to play John Conner:
[img]http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Events/1442/NickStahl_Grani_483146_400.jpg[/img]

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
View Quote

BAD casting! That kid looks like a crackhead!
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 12:26:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That kid looks like a crackhead!
View Quote

Then he'll fit the role of a computer programmer perfectly...[:D]
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 1:27:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

THAT would've been cool.

View Quote

Isn't that the date the machines launched the nuclear attack? (In the storyline)

[?]
View Quote

Yeah, it was, that's why I always thought it would be damned cool.

Sadly, James Cameron and Arnold let me down--but hey, I'm not bitter [:D]
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 1:47:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Anyone else have "anticipation" in the summer of 1997, waiting for August 29? Not that T3 would come out, but b/c of the storyline in T2, with the machines taking over? I did. I was curious how far along computers would be by that date.

They were a long ways away from the comps in T2.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 4:40:50 AM EDT
[#18]
I had hoped the next movie would have been set in the future when they are actually fighting many terminators and machines.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 7:50:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Kristanna Loken as the "Terminatrix"

[img]http://members.fortunecity.com/veggie68b/kristannaloken/KristannaLoken.jpg[/img]
[img]http://members.fortunecity.com/veggie68b/Kristanna%20Loken%2005.jpg[/img]

View Quote

she can TERM IN ATE me anytime!
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 2:04:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I had hoped the next movie would have been set in the future when they are actually fighting many terminators and machines.
View Quote

Me too, in fact the rumors I had heard set the movie in the post-apocalyptic future with John Conner leading the resistance against the machines.  

But I guess that might not make sense if they had stopped the creation of Skynet in T2, but wait, then how the hell are they still sending Terminators back to past if there are no longer terminators around in the future???  And if there ARE terminators around in the future, why don't they just send one back to kill Sarah Conner when she was a child, or how about killing Sarah Conner's mom, or grandma, that would make an easier target...  Wait, my head is starting to hurt!!!

Anyway, if that is indeed the plot, it sounds BAD!  Looks like they took the T2 plot, added a few years to everyone's age, and changed the T1000 to a woman, and presto!  New movie!

I still am holding on to a bit of hope though...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top