Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2002 5:40:03 PM EDT
So, I'm sitting here posting a thread about M14 mags and the next thing I know there's this deafening noise, I look outside, and two F14s, maybe F15s, are circling the area of my house, very, and I mean, very low. It looks like they might be circling the local jokel airport in Concord because I'm located where most planes circle to make their final approach.

Anyway, these guys circled four times. I would say in the area 100 feet east of my house at maybe 200 feet altitude. Anyone know what the deal is?
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 5:42:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 5:55:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Geez, I was about to post and ask the same thing.......You live a few miles away from me, on the other side of the freeway (i think [:)]) and DAMN they were low.  Twin tail fighters, too far when I spotted them to tell.  Kind of freaky.  
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 6:01:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I know that Moffett field in cupertino/santa clara/sunnyvale/wherever is having an airshow this weekend.
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 6:52:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I know that Moffett field in cupertino/santa clara/sunnyvale/wherever is having an airshow this weekend.
View Quote

That's 50 miles away as the crow flies. I live in the East Bay near Buchanan Field, which is located at the 680 Freeway and Highway 4 interchange.

[url]www.co.contra-costa.ca.us/depart/pw/airport/[/url]

Maybe it was some kind of satellite show, an off shoot of the Moffett Field show in Mountain View today like you said?

[url]www.airshownetwork.com/home.html[/url]

Anyway, I see business jets making that same left turn all the time, and they are pretty loud, but those military twin engine fighters are really loud. Shit!
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 6:54:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Geez, I was about to post and ask the same thing.......You live a few miles away from me, on the other side of the freeway (i think [:)]) and DAMN they were low.  Twin tail fighters, too far when I spotted them to tell.  Kind of freaky.  
View Quote

I'm on the west side of the freeway where a lot of air traffic makes that left-hand turn before their final approach into Buchanan. Kinda near DVC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top