Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2002 9:08:52 PM EDT
Is it as beautiful as the say? Are there tall Pine trees like those found in Minnesota and upper Wisconsin? Or are trees sparce like most areas of Montana and the Dakotas? I'd like to hear what those who live there have to say rather than listen to a computer geek from a travel agency. I don't care much for big cities, so what would be a nice town for me to visit, maybe near a river or a lake? This is one of the states I want to get to before I die.

WB
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 9:15:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 9:20:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I grew up in Cheyenne. Little trees. Chicago the windy city my ass. It blows every day. Western Wyoming is gods country. Nothing like it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 9:26:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Stop by my place WhiskeyBravo on you'r way west for some good food and shooting on you'r way west.......
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 9:30:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
 The rest is just short, brown grass and very flat.    
View Quote

Now that is the beautiful part.  It wasn't until I went away for college years ago that I found out that grass is green in some parts of the country.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 9:31:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 9:33:27 PM EDT
[#6]
huh??  Its desert!! Ugly flat dry desert, Ive been there hunderds of times..

Good antelope hunting though.. and land is still cheap.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 9:43:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
huh??  Its desert!! Ugly flat dry desert,
View Quote

So is the eastern half of Colorado...
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 9:57:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
huh??  Its desert!! Ugly flat dry desert,
View Quote

So is the eastern half of Colorado...
View Quote

No kidding!! but I dont live there,  but its desert here too, at least theres alot of places to go shooting!
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 10:24:00 PM EDT
[#9]
[b]Don't say you like gray wolves or you will never be found.[/b]

The reason you will never be found is an old dictum used in Montana and Wyoming. It is called, "Shoot, Shovel and Shut up."

"Shoot, Shovel and Shut up" is used for the Grey Wolf, Grizzlys, Immigrants from the Eastern States, and Liberals.

It isn't a desert, it is called the "Great Plains." Look at any Western American Atlas. If you were a native Westerner you would have known that. Don't be a Richard (insert nickname for Richard) Head.

Visit Montana and Wyoming often. Spend your money and enjoy your self. When your money is gone -- Go home. Why? You will always be considered an outsider.

I own land in Columbus, MT and Meeteetse, WY. My family has been in the Montana and Wyoming since 1866. I was born in Columbus, Montana, in 1936 in case your wondering.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top