Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/19/2012 1:32:19 PM EDT
http://news.yahoo.com/ala-man-fights-keep-wife-buried-front-yard-153303814.html

Davis is adamant that he won't move the body, regardless of what any court says.

"If they get it done it'll be after I'm gone," said Davis. "So if they order her to be moved, it's a death sentence to me. I'll meet Mama sooner than I planned on it."

Beware of the man with nothing left to lose.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 1:42:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Bueller...?

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 1:46:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm in.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 1:47:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Why can't they just leave the man alone??? FUCK!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 1:48:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I hate to break it to him but the second he kicks off, his family is going to dig up momma and sell the place.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 1:50:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I fail to see a problem, unless it becomes a matter of disease potential, which I doubt would be a problem anyway.

Derp.

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 1:50:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
http://news.yahoo.com/ala-man-fights-keep-wife-buried-front-yard-153303814.html

Davis is adamant that he won't move the body, regardless of what any court says.

"If they get it done it'll be after I'm gone," said Davis. "So if they order her to be moved, it's a death sentence to me. I'll meet Mama sooner than I planned on it."

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 1:53:18 PM EDT
[#7]
An intelligent human being in charge should decide to just wait this one out.

He will be raided.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 1:54:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Health officials already signed off, it is only the city council who said no.  Fucking busybodies.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 1:55:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I fail to see a problem, unless it becomes a matter of disease potential, which I doubt would be a problem anyway.

Was she embalmed and such?  Is she in a pine box or a legit metal casket?  How deep is the grave?

Reading is apparently for suckas.

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 1:56:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Was she embalmed and such?  Is she in a pine box or a legit metal casket?  How deep is the grave?

Ignoring the council's decision, Davis said he and a son-in-law cranked a
backhoe and dug a grave just a few feet from the house. A mortuary
installed a concrete vault, and workers lowered Patsy's body into the
plot in a nice, metal casket.

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 1:57:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Words of wisdom.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 2:02:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 2:05:53 PM EDT
[#13]
The guy is 73. Live with it until he passes on and then you can move the graves. Problem solved.

ETA: maybe move them to the backyard...
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 2:08:18 PM EDT
[#14]
It's his land and the official report says it won't cause any sanitation problems... Why bother him?

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 2:08:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It says she's been buried there since 2009 and the city wants to set an example.  I'm not an expert on cadavers but I'd have to think any damage to ground water or environment is long past.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 2:09:30 PM EDT
[#16]
A strong libertarian streak runs through northeast Alabama, which has relatively few zoning laws to govern what people do with their property.

This part of the story makes me feel good.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 2:09:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It's his land and the official report says it won't cause any sanitation problems... Why bother him?  

I agree. Too many stupid regulations are in place.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 2:11:27 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Reading is apparently for suckas.

D'oh, skimmed the article, missed that bit.

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 2:14:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Health Dept says no threat to sanitary system.....

So, I say it's his land.... let him do what he wants with it... plus he has all of his family members saying they will care for it after he is gone....

What a honor it would be to defend his dieing wife's wish...

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 2:14:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 2:14:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The guy is 73. Live with it until he passes on and then you can move the graves. Problem solved.

Can't have the peasantry giving the .gov the finger, you know.

Interestingly, there is a somewhat widely known story around these parts about an old woman who owned a farm in Thompson, Ct after the flood of 1955 wiped out most of the center of both Thompson and neighboring Putnam. The Army Corps of Engineers built a large dam in a valley to control the flow of water and help protect Putnam, which is downstream.

At some point, federal agents were sent to evict the old woman from her farm, which was inside the "flood zone" (if the dam had to close its gates and fill the valley), but high enough to most likely be spared inundation. Well, as it turned out, the woman chased the feds off her property with a shotgun and flatly refused to leave. They simply waited her out and after she died they took the farm and the rest is history.

What makes that story even more interesting is that on that farm there was a locomotive that ended up being a showpiece for a museum or something after she died. An actual steam locomotive that was worth enough to put into a museum.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 2:18:10 PM EDT
[#22]
I find it ridiculous and silly that we bury bodies. Just cremate and chuck the ashes. People get to attached to inconsequential things. Throw my ashes in the nearest dumpster for all I care, I'm dead.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 2:20:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 2:22:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I hate to break it to him but the second he kicks off, his family is going to dig up momma and sell the place.

So let him die happy.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 2:38:01 PM EDT
[#25]
I wish we had REAL land rights in America.

It's his land you should be able to do with and OWN your land until you give it up. You should Not have to worry about some FUCK tard Gov bitch that get's the idea you're a problem they will fix!

If you don't have Kids you don't pay school tax and the Gov can not take your land for any reason at all what so ever sometimes maybe might could should can will! Fuck off you shit bag poor excuse for humans choke your self with money you steal from people who work and make life happen.

I was kind of mad when I typed this.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 2:43:52 PM EDT
[#26]
The city is making an ex post facto law.  Typical big shitty stinking.

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 2:47:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:
So the whole case hinges on whether a judge believes that is a family burial spot considering it is in the front yard and has one person in it.

Wow. That is the city just completely ignoring the law and making up shit because they don't like it and using taxpayer money against a citizen in an attempt to get them to comply.

My guess is "family burial plot" means an old family cemetery, not burying grandma in the front yard in 2009 in a city.  

Not wanting to disagree with a Lawyer Penguin, but city seems a stretch on Google maps it looks like the smallest lot is at least an acre of land. Village or town at best with 2600 people he got the proper permit there are no zoning laws that prohibit the burial sounds like the council is trying to change the law after a legal process had already started.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 2:57:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The most important thing of all from the point of view of the state is that the peasants must be made to submit. All else is secondary.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 3:00:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

No shit. Is having things their way really THAT important?

I've been saying it for years. "Officiousness is a poor substitute for wisdom." Just because it's a rule doesn't mean it has to be enforced.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 3:03:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been saying it for years. "Officiousness is a poor substitute for wisdom." Just because it's a rule doesn't mean it has to be enforced.

To them, it is the only thing.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 3:03:50 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The most important thing of all from the point of view of the state is that the peasants must be made to submit. All else is secondary.

I hope if the government decides to flex  it's muscle on this old man and kill him over his property rights the casualties are deep on the side of the government . This man broke no law and it is his property.  Government needs to fuck off.  

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 3:07:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 3:08:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

My new fence is a perfect example.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 3:08:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

To them, it is the only thing.

Yeah.... I know the type.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 3:13:08 PM EDT
[#35]

stupid tyrannical governments. no wonder people rebel against them.

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 3:13:23 PM EDT
[#36]
The city should ambush him at the grocery store, hog tie him, dig Mama up replant her, and then they would just have to keep looking over their shoulder for the rest of his life; or they could just wait until he kicks the bucket.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 3:16:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/bstonemega/2012-05-22193501.jpg

BWAHAHAHAHA.

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 3:18:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Is this really happening in America?

Hassling a guy for burying his wife according to her wishes is a bit absurd.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 3:20:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 3:21:38 PM EDT
[#40]

lol...you know, the sad thing is, a long time member posted a similar comment in an RIAA thread, and he was perma-banned.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 3:22:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/bstonemega/2012-05-22193501.jpg

A coworker ran into that problem. He added 3" of dirt to each side, tapering out about 18"wide from each side and spread grass seed. They came out again and thanked him for cutting the fence down to size.

Kharn

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 3:23:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

lol...you know, the sad thing is, a long time member posted a similar comment in an RIAA thread, and he was perma-banned.

not advocating.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 3:25:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 3:27:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Who was that?  

guy who flipped out and went on a rampage after dealing with a douchey city government

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_Heemeyer
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 3:28:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Who was that?  

I believe the exact phrase was "One of these days, someone is going to go killdozer on them, and I'm not going to be as conflicted as I should be."

This was several years ago.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 3:29:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 3:30:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

guy who flipped out and went on a rampage after dealing with a douchey city government

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_Heemeyer

lol..no....he's asking about the arfcommer I am referring to. It's in the past, I think it was a bullshit decision, but that's just me.

Banned, not locked.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 3:30:23 PM EDT
[#48]
should I be furiously editing out posts right now?

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 3:31:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who was that?  

I believe the exact phrase was "One of these days, someone is going to go killdozer on them, and I'm not going to be as conflicted as I should be."

This was several years ago.

That's weird, I said something very similar just a few days ago and everybody ignored it.

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 3:31:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top