Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 8/18/2012 10:30:52 PM EDT
Consider the following, GD:

You must now order the sandwich that you'll get every time you get a sandwich for the rest of your life, subject to the following rules:

1. Every time you order a sandwich anywhere, or move as to make a sandwich anywhere, this is the sandwich which results. Side items included.

2. Cost is no object.

3. The sandwich itself and the things that come with it are an indivisible package: you can't order a giant dagwood sandwich made of every kind of sandwich you like and then just eat the one part of if you want. You have to eat the whole thing every time and you can't share it. This also applies to side items and condiments: no ordering two pieces of bread and 500 ingredients and building the sandwich-of-the-moment.

4. The sandwich comes as-is, and may not be modified by you prior to getting down to the business of eating it (e.g., the sandwich is either toasted or it isn't: no getting a raw sandwich and sometimes toasting it according to your WHIMSY).

5. For the purposes of this question, neither burgers nor durgers (nor hotdurgers) are sandwiches. Other sandwiches served on buns (e.g., the mighty shrimp burger) are still sandwiches.

6. Description of sides and beverages is a plus, but not required.

I've gotten a few interesting answers to this question. When I asked it at my internship office some months ago, the office manager overheard me stating the question, and without an instant's hesitation declared her undying love for the mighty chicken parmagiana sandwich. When I asked at the pizza joint where I used to work, my colleague Dave got a little bit of a wistful look on his face and recalled in detail a cuban sandwich from a place called Ramón's in Tampa which came layered with no fewer than four pork products (ham, roast pork, bacon, and finely-sliced fresh-cooked sausage), hot mustard, pickles, and so on.

So what do you say, arfcom? What'll your forever-sandwich be? Can you commit to just one?
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 10:32:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 10:34:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Just one would be too difficult. I don't know how I could choose between muffelettas and Philly cheesesteaks.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 10:34:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Reuben on rye.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 10:35:39 PM EDT
[#4]
PBJ
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 10:35:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I married my wife... not a sammich...

But, she did bring me a decent turkey-pepperjack-ham sammich the other day while I was working...

Link Posted: 8/18/2012 10:36:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Double bacon cheeseburger with mayo, mustard, salt, pepper, and banana peppers.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 10:36:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Cuban or gyro
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 10:36:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 10:40:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Reuben on rye.

Link Posted: 8/18/2012 10:41:18 PM EDT
[#10]
gyro for the win
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 10:41:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Double bacon cheeseburger with mayo, mustard, salt, pepper, and banana peppers.

Not a sandwich to me. That is a burger.

I'm going to go with a Subway sandwich, then. That means I get whatever I want
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 10:41:40 PM EDT
[#12]
NO SUNDRIED TOMATOS

Link Posted: 8/18/2012 10:42:03 PM EDT
[#13]
cheeseburger with all the veggies and guacamole
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 10:42:59 PM EDT
[#14]
BLT on sourdough
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 10:44:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Club sandwitch (no tomato) from Bay Roc marina.  I creamed myself the first time I had one...
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 10:47:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Either a Philly Cheese Steak with all of the extra's or Cubans the one from Ramon in Ybor would do, the same from The Columbia (where it was invented) Restaurant would do as well.

This topic makes me sad what if it happened?  
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 10:50:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You must now order the sandwich that you'll get every time you get a sandwich for the rest of your life, subject to the following rules:

1. Every time you order a sandwich anywhere, or move as to make a sandwich anywhere, this is the sandwich which results. Side items included.

2. Cost is no object.

3. The sandwich itself and the things that come with it are an indivisible package: you can't order a giant dagwood sandwich made of every kind of sandwich you like and then just eat the one part of if you want. You have to eat the whole thing every time and you can't share it. This also applies to side items and condiments: no ordering two pieces of bread and 500 ingredients and building the sandwich-of-the-moment.

4. The sandwich comes as-is, and may not be modified by you prior to getting down to the business of eating it (e.g., the sandwich is either toasted or it isn't: no getting a raw sandwich and sometimes toasting it according to your WHIMSY).

5. For the purposes of this question, neither hamburgers nor hotdurgers are not sandwiches. Other sandwiches served on buns (e.g., the mighty shrimp burger) are still sandwiches.

I've gotten a few interesting answers to this question. When I asked it at my internship office some months ago, the office manager overheard me stating the question, and without an instant's hesitation declared her undying love for the mighty chicken parmagiana sandwich. When I asked at the pizza joint where I used to work, my colleague Dave got a little bit of a wistful look on his face and recalled in detail a cuban sandwich from a place called Ramón's in Tampa which came layered with no fewer than four pork products (ham, roast pork, bacon, and finely-sliced fresh-cooked sausage), hot mustard, pickles, and so on.

So what do you say, arfcom? What'll your forever-sandwich be? Can you commit to just one?

Easy mode.

Warmed amarossa roll, thinly sliced ribeye, white american cheese (preferably Thumanns), grilled onions. a.k.a. Philly cheese steak.

/thread

Can I get fries with that?

Link Posted: 8/18/2012 10:51:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Is a Lobster Roll a sandwich?  If so, that... Lobster, Butter on hot garlic coated french bread cut like a bun.
If not... Reuben on rye toast with all normal Reuben fixings.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 10:52:40 PM EDT
[#19]
i dunno i think it's unfair to exclude hamburgers and hot dogs

i would choose a panini made with pizza dough and brushed with garlic butter and parmigiana cheese before baking, fresh buffalo mozzarella roasted peppers, heirloom tomatoes, a little fresh basil and some mixed green sprouts.

mine comes with beer

Link Posted: 8/18/2012 10:52:46 PM EDT
[#20]
member Slaveghost posted a sandwich recipe a week or two ago and although I can't quite remember everything it consisted of, while reading about it I thought to myself, "that sounds like the best sandwich in the world".  hopefully he will post it in here, cuz I need that ingredients list.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 10:53:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Chuck Norris, after the cook is dead I'll go make whatever i want
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 10:56:05 PM EDT
[#22]
The Broodwitch.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 10:57:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Turkey/bacon/swiss with mayo on wheat. Lay's Sour Cream and Onion chips, Coca-Cola.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 11:01:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Foot long 'club' sub/hoagie.

Roll: sourdough, soft, not toasted.

Meat: sliced roasted turkey breast, rare roast beef and 'Black Forrest/Boar's Head type ham.

Cheese: imported baby swiss, preferably aged a minimum of six months to a year.

Spreads: A single 1/4" bead of mayo runing 10-11" of the roll.  Spicey brown deli mustard, full length.

Fixins':  Lettuce, tomatos, bell peppers, banana peppers, cucumbers, jalapenos and black olives–– all sliced.

Add-ons: cracked black pepper.

Sliced in half.

Chris
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 11:03:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Hot Pastrami and Swiss on parmasean bread
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 11:07:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Ciabatta bread with ham, pepperoni, salami, lettuce, tomato, onion, peppercini, various Italian cheeses, olive oil, vinaigrette, and oregano.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 11:09:51 PM EDT
[#27]
The super sized cuban from a local place...called the Bay of Pigs. Chorizo sliced thin, ham, pork, swiss, great bread. Sub mayo or honey mustard for the yellow stuff and i'm good for a couple decades
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 11:12:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

2. Cost is no object.

5. For the purposes of this question, neither hamburgers nor hotdurgers are not sandwiches. Other sandwiches served on buns (e.g., the mighty shrimp burger) are still sandwiches.

Fucking damnit, I have been called out by superiors. I will have to focus on my pic posting and do a pictorial of the Conquistador for my first lunch post. The end of next week you know the ultimate sammich.

You shall receive M4 and hot pepper goodness.

Link Posted: 8/18/2012 11:15:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
gyro for the win

This right here. No tomato, extra sauce.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 11:16:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Hmmmm...

Either an original Schlotzkys or an Elvis (toasted bread, peanut butter, bananas and bacon). Bacon though, bacon on everything.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 11:16:53 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

2. Cost is no object.

I just realized you said hotdurger.  What is this urban-dictionary approved nonsense?
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 11:16:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
gyro

Link Posted: 8/18/2012 11:18:30 PM EDT
[#33]

THE BROODWICH CANNOT BE TAKEN APART OR DISASSEMBLED.

Link Posted: 8/18/2012 11:25:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Shrimp sandwich from Pt. Loma Seafoods in San Diego.

Breaded fried shrimp, warm sourdough, tartar sauce.  Fries.  Iced Tea.

I could eat that forever.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 11:26:15 PM EDT
[#35]
BLT on wheat, toasted light brown. Mayo, French's mustard. Salted butter. Avocado. Sprouts.

Washed down with a light home brew beer.

It's been YEARS since I had this combo but this is what came to mind when I read the thread title.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 11:28:33 PM EDT
[#36]
BLT with lots of bacon(thick cut and slightly chewy), and good garden tomatoes(beefsteak or french beefsteak) on a quality toasted white bread with real mayo.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 11:35:45 PM EDT
[#37]
I've been thinking about this question for quite a while. I haven't had real people bread since I became allergic to it a while back. And the bread is a VITAL part of a sandwich. I find myself hankering for Jimmy Johns Italian Night Club, Quiznos Chicken Carbonara, Camille's Club (small chain place), Reubens, Gyros, decent bacon cheeseburger, McGriddles, etc.

I still can't pick one.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 11:37:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Reuben on rye.

Damn straight.  That's four votes for the reuben so far.  What is it about the reuben that makes it so magical?  
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 11:43:22 PM EDT
[#39]
15" Hoagie roll
A little mayo
Hard salami
Cappacolla
Pepperoni
Ham
Provone cheese
Lettuce
Tomato
Onion
Banana peppers
Pickles
Oregeno
Olive oil
Vineger
Black pepper
Mixed green salad on side with lots of olives with vin & oil dressing
All washed down with a Guiness
You're welcome, and before sombody calls bullshit this is what I get when I go to Jersey Mike's about once a week. It ain't to big, and never met a sammich I could not finnish including the giant cheese steak from Tony Luk's
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 11:46:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Hot Pastrami and Swiss on parmasean bread

BAM!!!  Except on Saint Joseph Bread!!

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 12:31:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Reuben on rye.

this.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 12:33:16 AM EDT
[#42]
the broodwich.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 12:53:02 AM EDT
[#43]
#9 from Jersey Mike's.  
The 9 Club Supreme: Roast beef, turkey, swiss, bacon, mayo - and of course - Mike's Way

DanM
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 12:58:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Either a good buffalo chicken sandwich with blue cheese crumbles and dressing with a side of sweet potato fries done "smash" style.
Or, a crawfish po'boy. Fried mud bugs, a little shredded lettuce, a few pickles, horseradish sauce all on a lightly toasted piece of soft French bread.

Daniel
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 12:59:38 AM EDT
[#45]
I'm going to go with a roast pork sandwich.  
If Adam Richman voted it the best sandwich in America, you know its good!

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/the-insider/DiNics-roast-pork-named.html#photoNumber=0

People think the cheese steak is Philly's sandwich, but that's what we pass onto tourists.  We keep the pork for ourselves!  

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 1:04:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Philly style cheese steak, with thin sliced steak, pepperjack, green and red peppers no onions.

Anyone who's been to the 5 points cafe in Seattle will know how good they are.

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 1:09:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Philly style cheese steak, with thin sliced steak, pepperjack, green and red peppers no onions.

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 1:13:12 AM EDT
[#48]
What kind of commie shit is this? America used to be about sammich making/ eating freedom.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 1:14:20 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck me in the ass for using a colloquial term about food.

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 1:16:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
member Slaveghost posted a sandwich recipe a week or two ago and although I can't quite remember everything it consisted of, while reading about it I thought to myself, "that sounds like the best sandwich in the world".  hopefully he will post it in here, cuz I need that ingredients list.

The Conquistador––

Hot Italian sausage. Thinly sliced grilled turkey, provolone cheese, sauteed Habanero, Serrano, Jalapeno peppers, onions, (Avocado salsa). Marinara sauce.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top