Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/18/2012 1:50:57 PM EDT
Abby was my little girl for the past 14 1/2 years. She had a stroke last night and could not stand up on her own. Took her to the vet this morning and they confirmed it. She went peacefully in my arms and now all that is left is my broken heart. There were times when she tried my patience, but all she ever wanted was to be mine and to love me and only me. It's only been a short time and I miss her so. But she lived a good long life as Brits usually only make it to 13 or so.

Link Posted: 8/18/2012 1:57:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry about your loss.

Link Posted: 8/18/2012 1:57:57 PM EDT
[#2]
sounds like a good long life in a loving home to me.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 1:59:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry for your loss.

In time, the pain of losing her will subside, and perhaps you can think about giving a great life to another animal.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 1:59:33 PM EDT
[#4]

While I am sorry for your loss, take comfort in knowing that you gave her a good, loving home.

Link Posted: 8/18/2012 2:00:18 PM EDT
[#5]
That sucks!  They get deep in your heart and then pass before you are ready.  I fear my male Great Dane is going to go soon.  He is and old guy pushing 10 years old.  He still plays but gets tired very fast.  It will be a sad day.  I am sorry for you.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 2:01:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

While I am sorry for your loss, take comfort in knowing that you gave her a good, loving home.

this.

You enriched each other's lives it sounds like
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 2:02:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry, P08.

Nobody can love you like a dog. It hurts...
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 2:02:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Sad thread.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 2:03:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Really cute dog. 14 years is a good long time. I wish I'd had mine that long...
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 2:03:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry for your loss. She seemed like she had a great life.

If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die, I want to go where they did. - Will Rogers
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 2:05:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Abby was my little girl for the past 14 1/2 years. She had a stroke last night and could not stand up on her own. Took her to the vet this morning and they confirmed it. She went peacefully in my arms and now all that is left is my broken heart. There were times when she tried my patience, but all she ever wanted was to be mine and to love me and only me. It's only been a short time and I miss her so. But she lived a good long life as Brits usually only make it to 13 or so.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a368/DEG169/Abby.jpg

Beautiful Brittany, I'm so sorry for the loss of that gorgeous girl, I'll be keeping Abby, yourself and her family and friends in my prayers. We all dread that time when we have to let go, it's honestly, one of the hardest thing's I've had to do in my life, and that say's a lot. It never get's easier, and the pain really only get's worse, but we owe that to them for the unconditional love they provide us, and they know, being very intuitive animals, that we're doing that one thing, the one thing we can't even do for each other legally, and they still love us, and will be there when we cross. Again, I'm so sorry for your loss.

May she rest in peace.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 2:05:57 PM EDT
[#12]
as others have said she lived a good life in a good loving home
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 2:06:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Dogs are better than people.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 2:06:26 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm so sorry. I lost my 15 year old pug to a stroke in March. Woke up to find him staring blankly. Carried him outside and he couldn't stand, just fell over. Drove him to the vet and he passed before the vet could come back with the needle. I still miss him every day. I have a new buddy and he helps fill the void. He can never replace Achilles, but he has helped ease the pain. Brits are great Dag's!
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 2:07:12 PM EDT
[#15]
RIP.

Sounds like you gave her a nice home with lots of love, sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 2:07:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Dogs are better than people.

Well said!
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 2:07:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 2:08:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 2:12:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 2:13:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Sweet looking pup. I get teary eyed every time I think of any guys dog that has to get put down. It never gets easier, and
hits too close to home.

14 is some long years on dog feet, but I know its always tough when they have to go.

Treat them good, and spoil them often.... like grandkids.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 2:14:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Sorry for your loss.  We just had to put down one of our cats last week.  The Wife has had the cat for 13 years.  I've been with her for 6.  It was a hard thing to do, but knowing that she's (the cat) is in a better place is the right thing to do.  No more pain, no more misery... just Peace.

Sincerely,
SleeperShooter and Wife
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 2:19:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Very sorry for your loss.  Our dogs are like our kids and it tears my wife and I apart when one passes.  

We couldnt imagine our lives without them though

Link Posted: 8/18/2012 2:20:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Sorry for your loss  
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 2:25:55 PM EDT
[#24]
That's rough, man.

I made the choice to put my GSDs (yes, two of them) down. They were brothers and inseperable since birth. When the time came for one, I knew in my heart that the other wasn't far behind and they absolutely refused to be apart. It was a hard decision.

I guess I'm trying to say that I know what it's like.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 2:28:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Gentlemen of the Jury: The best friend a man has in the world may turn against him and become his enemy. His son or daughter that he has reared with loving care may prove ungrateful. Those who are nearest and dearest to us, those whom we trust with our happiness and our good name may become traitors to their faith. The money that a man has, he may lose. It flies away from him, perhaps when he needs it most. A man's reputation may be sacrificed in a moment of ill-considered action. The people who are prone to fall on their knees to do us honor when success is with us, may be the first to throw the stone of malice when failure settles its cloud upon our heads.

The one absolutely unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous is his dog. A man's dog stands by him in prosperity and in poverty, in health and in sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground, where the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only he may be near his master's side. He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer. He will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounters with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a prince. When all other friends desert, he remains. When riches take wings, and reputation falls to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey through the heavens.

If fortune drives the master forth, an outcast in the world, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege than that of accompanying him, to guard him against danger, to fight against his enemies. And when the last scene of all comes, and death takes his master in its embrace and his body is laid away in the cold ground, no matter if all other friends pursue their way, there by the graveside will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws, his eyes sad, but open in alert watchfulness, faithful and true even in death.

George Graham Vest - c. 1855

Sorry about your friend.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 2:28:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Beautiful little girl. Sorry for your loss. She had a great life with someone that loved her.

Link Posted: 8/18/2012 2:29:16 PM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 8/18/2012 2:31:20 PM EDT
[#28]
R.I.P.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 2:34:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 2:37:01 PM EDT
[#30]
I have a little Abby, a Golden about 3 y/o.   I just gave her a hug just now.  We outlive them, but they are forever in our hearts and minds.  Sorry for your loss.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 2:37:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Gentlemen of the Jury: The best friend a man has in the world may turn against him and become his enemy. His son or daughter that he has reared with loving care may prove ungrateful. Those who are nearest and dearest to us, those whom we trust with our happiness and our good name may become traitors to their faith. The money that a man has, he may lose. It flies away from him, perhaps when he needs it most. A man's reputation may be sacrificed in a moment of ill-considered action. The people who are prone to fall on their knees to do us honor when success is with us, may be the first to throw the stone of malice when failure settles its cloud upon our heads.

The one absolutely unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous is his dog. A man's dog stands by him in prosperity and in poverty, in health and in sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground, where the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only he may be near his master's side. He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer. He will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounters with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a prince. When all other friends desert, he remains. When riches take wings, and reputation falls to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey through the heavens.

If fortune drives the master forth, an outcast in the world, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege than that of accompanying him, to guard him against danger, to fight against his enemies. And when the last scene of all comes, and death takes his master in its embrace and his body is laid away in the cold ground, no matter if all other friends pursue their way, there by the graveside will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws, his eyes sad, but open in alert watchfulness, faithful and true even in death.

George Graham Vest - c. 1855

Sorry about your friend.

Man, that guy said it right
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 2:40:33 PM EDT
[#32]
sorry for your loss

a Dog is the only creature that God created that would love you more then its own life

Link Posted: 8/18/2012 2:42:48 PM EDT
[#33]
As I sit with tears in my eyes I can look across the room to my
Brit girl.  I am so sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 2:47:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
She went peacefully in my arms and now all that is left is my broken heart.

Sorry bro.

Small consolation...You'll always have the memories.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 2:50:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 2:53:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Dogs that last that long are hard to replace.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 2:57:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 2:57:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 2:58:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Very Sorry.

Link Posted: 8/18/2012 3:06:33 PM EDT
[#40]
I am sorry for your loss......I had a Brit for 13 years as well. She crossed that bridge a few years ago.....It is always hard to say goodbye to a pup......
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 3:08:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 3:09:23 PM EDT
[#42]
What a sweet little girl, you have my condolences.
I have had many Britts pass through my house having been a foster family for ABR in the past, including a few that were "turned in" because they were old. I have never understood how anyone could do that to such a beautifull loving breed of dog.
The house always seems empty after one passes, especially after being one of "my" long time family members. In my case it just opens the door for another one in need to come into our lives. This is our current girl, we think she's around 8 (have had her for 7) and starting to get some grey hairs in the face.

Link Posted: 8/18/2012 3:09:27 PM EDT
[#43]
sorry for your loss.  you seem like my kinda person...

loved their dog as much as she loved you...

Link Posted: 8/18/2012 3:12:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Sorry man Pets are family.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 3:17:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Sorry Bud...
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 3:22:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Sorry to here the sad news Bud.
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 3:23:43 PM EDT
[#47]
sorry to hear

Had to  put down my best friend  of 14 years about a month ago
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 3:26:22 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm sorry man.  That's always SO hard.

Link Posted: 8/18/2012 3:26:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/18/2012 3:28:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top