Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2002 3:43:56 PM EDT
Just read..you'll understand.

San Francisco Bar Association Prohibits Judges from Participating in Boy Scouts

San Francisco Chronicle | July 26, 2002 | Bob Egelko

San Francisco's judges have become the first in the state to cut ties with the Boy Scouts because of the organization's refusal to admit gays and lesbians. A lawyer who sought the change said Thursday she hoped to take it statewide.
"This is a fundamental part of being a judicial officer . . . avoiding even the appearance of partiality at all times so that every litigant who appears in front of you is treated fairly and equally," said Angela Bradstreet, president of the Bar Association of San Francisco.

In response to a resolution in January from the local bar association, San Francisco Superior Court judges and commissioners adopted a policy July 11 saying they would not take part in any organization that "discriminates on the basis of sexual orientation by excluding members on the grounds that their sexual orientation renders them 'unclean,' 'immoral' or 'unfit.' "

In practice, the policy prohibits the judges from taking part in the Boy Scouts. Statewide ethical standards for judges, adopted by the state Supreme Court in 1995, forbid membership in organizations that discriminate against lesbians and gays but exempt "nonprofit youth organizations," an exception designed for the Boy Scouts.

The state court refused to repeal the exemption in December 2000 despite a plea from appeals court Justice James Lambden of San Francisco, who had just resigned as an assistant scoutmaster in Alameda County.

Lambden was responding to the U.S. Supreme Court's 5-4 ruling in June 2000 upholding the Boy Scouts' policy. The organization had argued that its code, requiring scouts to be "morally straight" and "clean," excluded homosexuals, and the court majority said the Boy Scouts were entitled to define their own principles.

The California Supreme Court, in two 1998 cases, had upheld the Boy Scouts' refusals to admit gays and atheists.

Bradstreet, a lesbian who is a partner in the law firm of Carroll, Burdick & McDonough, said she had decided to press the issue after reading legal arguments in which the Boy Scouts described gays as "not morally fit."

Right on!
[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]

Link Posted: 7/26/2002 3:52:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Soooooo...

The SCOTUS says it's okay for the Boy Scouts to discriminate against fags and dykes.

And Even the Californication Supreme Court says it's okay for the Boy Scouts to discriminate against fags and dykes.

But the San FranFreako Bar Assoc. is going to discriminate against any organization that discriminates against fags and dykes so as to avoid any appearance of partiality?????

Well isn't THAT being [u]biased and partial[/u] IN FAVOR of fags and dykes and AGAINST the Boy Scouts????

[b]What's a Judge supposed to do if the Boy Scouts Organization is ever a litigant in a San FranFreako Court??? They are OBVIOUSLY very partial AGAINST the Boy Scouts now aren't they??[/b]

Sh!t, when the hell is that whole freaking f@cking State gonna just crack off and sink into the Pacific?
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 3:53:36 PM EDT
[#2]
What do they call it??

Above the Law??

OR

Just plain old chicken sh--s??
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 3:56:07 PM EDT
[#3]
As soon as I read "San Francisco" in the first line I knew it was a liberally biased thing. It's ludicrous. The Boy Scouts have my vote.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 4:01:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got to move out of this state.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 4:13:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Why can't people just leave the scouts alone.  The last they need is a bunch of fags getting jiggy with the little kids.

Some of my best childhood memories are from the scouts (cub scouts, webelos, and boy scouts).

Is it so offensive to the liberals that the scouts (boy and girl) are self funded and do not rely on public tax dollars? Is it that there are no government oversight committees? Is it just the plain simple fact that it drives them crazy that they didn't invent it. Or is it the plain simple fact the us ignorant civilians have invented, funded, and ran a successful program for a very long without their help???
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 4:19:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Why can't people just leave the scouts alone.  The last they need is a bunch of fags getting jiggy with the little kids.

Some of my best childhood memories are from the scouts (cub scouts, webelos, and boy scouts).

View Quote

You would think that after all the problems caused by homosexual/pedophile priests it wouldnt be an issue to exclude openly gay adults from organizations that are youth based.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 4:19:57 PM EDT
[#7]
So, let's see if this is how it really works:

The Boy Scouts of America maintain their standard of moral behavior and their right of free association consistently over the years, [b]BUT[/b] they are held out as a social pariah by those who wish to redefine morally acceptable behavior and who demand that they be associated with.

God Help Us All!

Link Posted: 7/26/2002 4:59:33 PM EDT
[#8]
The Boys Scouts are a private organization so they can mandate their own membership rules.

What I don't like is that stupid biotch lawyer trying force the rest of the state into following their laws. Why don't they let the entire state vote on it and see what happens. Even in liberal Kali, I guarantee the Boy Scouts will win again.

There's nothing stopping homos from starting their own club. Maybe they could buy out the Webelos trademark and change it to the "We-Blow Scouts".
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 5:03:46 PM EDT
[#9]
California can blow me.

[50]
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 5:26:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I suppose some of you guys think what goes on in San Francisco is representative of the state as a whole. [rolleyes]

Do we have to break out that pink and blue map again?
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 5:35:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The state court refused to repeal the exemption in December 2000 despite a plea from appeals court Justice James Lambden of San Francisco
View Quote

Don't you love how that's phrased?  "Refused to repeal the exemption" implies that courts have LEGISLATIVE power.

Court can (or SHOULD only be able to) strike down laws that conflict with the state or federal constitution, not create, repeal, or change them at their whim!
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 5:45:35 PM EDT
[#12]
The Bishops of the Catholic Church in America ignored an order from the Vatican in 1963 to not allow homosexuals into the Priesthood.
Now, over 95% of all the cases of child sexual abuse, that has finally come to light, have been commited by homosexuals. And now they want to force the Boy Scouts to let these degenerates take young boys out into the woods?!
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 1:32:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I suppose some of you guys think what goes on in San Francisco is representative of the state as a whole. [rolleyes]
View Quote
Almost.

The southern part of CA is run by illegal aliens and the fags, dykes and Communists in Hollyweird.

The northern part of CA is run by dirt-munching-tree-hugging druids and the fags, dykes and Communists in San FranFreako.

Link Posted: 7/27/2002 2:19:12 PM EDT
[#14]
An article with a few honest observations on this subject and a few others.
[url]http://www.fredoneverything.net/CopsAndRobbers.html[/url]
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 12:06:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
California can blow me.

[50]
View Quote

They'd probably like to dude.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 12:09:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Do I have to be homophobic to be a member of ar15.com ?

It'll really disappoint me if the answer is yes.

[:|]
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 12:18:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Do I have to be homophobic to be a member of ar15.com ?

It'll really disappoint me if the answer is yes.

[:|]
View Quote

No, but be prepared for the ignorant folks out there to pester you for it.

Major Cities in Kali suck ass.  get out past the larger burbs and I think you'll have a change of opinion, Mac.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 12:26:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Sh!t, when the hell is that whole freaking f@cking State gonna just crack off and sink into the Pacific?
View Quote

Hopefully sooner, rather than later.

Quoted:
I've got to move out of this state.
View Quote

Before you leave, can you rig it to slide off and sink?

FOTBR
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top