Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2002 3:04:41 PM EDT

Heard this expression once a few weeks ago: [b]The "Clinton Stock-Market Bubble".[/b]

Has a nice ring to it don't you think?

[Naive mode ON]

How come the media don't focus in the fact that these big CEO and accountants who were creatively lying to their stockholders are just like Bill Clitoris creatively lying under oath during his sexual harassment trial and his parsing of the meaning of the words "is" and "sex" during his Grand Jury deposition??

[Naive mode OFF]

Link Posted: 7/26/2002 3:13:38 PM EDT
[#1]
God I wish we could have a third decade of greed, but for the market to triple again would be almost against the laws of nature. [:(]
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 3:19:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
God I wish we could have a third decade of greed
View Quote

LMAO! Couldn't have said it better myself
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 3:19:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Makes sense... personal accountability wasn't a hallmark of the Klinton presidency, and obviously you could expect that that kind immoral behavior will trickle down, especially since it's been shown over and over again that there are rarely negative consequenses for this type of behavior.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 3:30:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Heard this expression once a few weeks ago: [b]The "Clinton Stock-Market Bubble".[/b]

Has a nice ring to it don't you think?

[Naive mode ON]

How come the media don't focus in the fact that these big CEO and accountants who were creatively lying to their stockholders are just like Bill Clitoris creatively lying under oath during his sexual harassment trial and his parsing of the meaning of the words "is" and "sex" during his Grand Jury deposition??

[Naive mode OFF]

View Quote

I'd like to know why when Clinton was vieing for Presidency there [i]was[/i] a so called healthcare crisis.  And when he moved in the healthcare crisis apparantly disappeared.  Yet when Bush sat his ass in the big chair the healthcare crisis reemerged and suddenly there is a homeless problem...I mean wow...Bush is like an evil goblin or something.  As soon as he became President, the economy goes bad, there is a healthcare crisis and people are homeless...kudos to Bush.  He sure can do a heck of a lot in less than 30 days...[beer] oh well done ranting and going off topic...blood pressure rising as well...

Link Posted: 7/26/2002 4:05:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I think Greenspan's monetary policy had a lot more to do with the bubble than Clinton himself.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 4:13:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I think Greenspan's monetary policy had a lot more to do with the bubble than Clinton himself.
View Quote
Greenspan repeatedly warned against "irrational exhuberance" starting in late 1996.

He was not taken seriously by the American public or most of the market.

It ain't his fault.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 4:27:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote
Greenspan repeatedly warned against "irrational exhuberance" starting in late 1996.

He was not taken seriously by the American public or most of the market.

It ain't his fault.
View Quote

Actions speak a hell of a lot louder than words. He may have said that, but look what he did afterwards.  He inflated the money supply like crazy every chance that he got whenever a crisis arose (Asia 1998, Y2K, 9/11).  His collusion with the US Treasury helped keep the dollar high even in the face of this expansion, which attracted foreign investors.

Not to mention, in 1999 he said the breakneck economy and stock prices were justified by a paradigm shift in productivity, due to the information technology revolution.  

He finally became so troubled by his money expansion he began strangling the economy with interest rate hikes in early 2000, in order to head off any inflation before it happened and to take the wind out of the over-valued stock market.  Now we're beginning to see the real threat is deflation, deflation on top of massive debt accumulated by business and households.  Now he's doing an about face, slashing interest rates and pumping more money in.  Inflate or die.

Anyway, the bubble was caused by money flooding into the stock market.  Money that Greenspan and the Fed created out of thin air.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top