Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2002 1:27:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 1:30:19 PM EDT
[#1]
that sucks, man.

[v]            [v]                [v]
some people are just mentally deficient, and make up for their overall inadequacy by taking it out on animals.
on the upside, birdshot can be easily removed with a small scalpel, needle and antiseptic, and someone strong to hold the little bugger down.
i take it the little guy is o.k.?
(edited to add, what prob happened was the dalmation didn't meet the "expectations" of some bastard breeder, who probably is unsure of his OWN pedigree, who tried to dispose of it by using it for target practice)
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 1:38:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I got my second dog in a similar situation. My family and I had just gotten home. We were hanging out in the hallway when my youngest daughter said "look a dog". Well there are a lot of dogs that are walked in the neighborhood, so I didn't really pay attention. She said it again and I looked outside. On the front porch was a puppy. Kind of a German Shepard mixed with a Yellow Lab. We let it in. It was walking with its tail between its legs. I figured it was scared.

Well we took a picture of it and made the obligatory "Puppy Found" poster. After a day or so, it still had its tail between its legs. I didn't think that was normal, so off to the vet.

The vet says "I've seen this before". Broken bone in the tail. Either the puppy had been kicked, or thrown out of a moving car. I immediately took down all of the puppy found posters. I've had "Max" for about 5 years now.

This dog is very smart, obedient, and a joy to have. How anybody can abuse an animal like that is beyond me.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 1:41:12 PM EDT
[#3]
on of my dad's parteners in HPD, was shot a good ways away in the neck with bird shot.  every once and a while a pimple like bump would pop up and he would sqeeeeze it out. out came the bird shot one peice at a time.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 1:41:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Stories like this get me sick.  Makes you wanna skip the bird shot and take a 00 buck to his old owner. [pissed]
There is a huge silver lining on your pup's cloud.  And that is that he now has an owner that loves and cares for him and that is priceless.  Good Luck with him, Your family really have good hearts for picking him up.  God Bless them.

P.s.  I am pretty sure that shotgun pellets will have no lasting (non-aesthetic) effects on him.  It may hurt him more to remove them. Keep that in mind.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 1:43:16 PM EDT
[#5]
What kind of sick bastard would shoot a puppy with birdshot!? What is this world coming to?
View Quote

The same that put kittens in barbeque grills and have websites trying to be "funny" about kittens in jars...

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=135352[/url]

Cute about the lock, by the way...

[url]http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/07/16/burned.kitten.ap/[/url]

[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/sadness.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 1:45:10 PM EDT
[#6]

What kind of sick bastard would shoot a puppy with birdshot!?  What is this world coming to?  
View Quote

Nothing pisses me off more than somebody who abuses animals. We may all piss, bitch and moan about PETA, but at times they do serve a purpose. If not just for the fact that PETA  is more than willing to make damn sure that a**holes like this get prosecuted  to the fullest extent of the law.

Link Posted: 7/26/2002 2:13:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Ask Randallflag!  Where are you Randall? Shot anymore kittys lately?
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 2:36:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Man, thats terrible. I feel so sorry for animals who have had abuse in their lives. Geez, why have a pet when all you'll do is abuse it to death???!! Give me a good M1A, and I'll blow the balls off of the bastard who did that to the poor puppy. Thank God that it has a good, loving family now [:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top