Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2002 10:12:27 AM EDT
Funny as hell. Go see it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 10:24:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm sorry.  I really liked Mike & Dana in [i]Wayne's World[/i], but [i]Austin Powers[/i] just doesn't do it for me.  Stupid is sometimes funny, but past a certain point...

For example, I love Jim Carrey, but [i]Dumb & Dumber[/i] was accurately titled.  I couldn't watch it.  I liked [i]Liar, Liar[/i], [i]The Majestic[/i],  and [i]The Truman Show[/i], and avoided [i]Me, Myself, & Irene[/i] and the [i]Ace Ventura[/i]  films like the plague.

I'm constantly amazed at how America seems to worship the stupid and the athletic, but scorns the intelligent.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 10:29:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I will go see it bro - LMAO @ part2!! It was great!

Eric
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 10:40:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
[i]Me, Myself, & Irene[/i] and the [i]Ace Ventura[/i]  films like the plague.

View Quote

I'm sorry but Me, Myself & Irene was simply hilarious.  I mean whitey and the cow was funny.  At least rent it so you can form a better opinion, maybe you'd be surprised...
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 10:49:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 11:05:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I've only seen the first Austin Powers movie but I'd like to see the new one. I think they are funny. The 60's is a great era to spoof. Mike Myers was on the Tonight Show last night. He's a funny guy. Probably no different than the rest of the Hollywood left but funny none the less. I'll rent it when it come out on video.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 11:12:27 AM EDT
[#6]
SHAGODELIC BABY!
[img]http://www.powersclub.com/full.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 11:16:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Even though I just started a thread about how generally movies suck [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=135519[/url]

I will say that these Austin Power Movies ROCK!!

I Love stupid humor!!
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 11:30:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Saw it last night. Awesome movie! LMAO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top