Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2002 6:07:51 PM EDT
got a letter from the landlord saying i had to take down my flags, which are inside the window of my apartment. one is a regular us flag and the other a culpepper flag. wasn't there something passed recently that allowed us flag display in apartment complexes?

any references (links) appreciated, i go to battle these morons tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 6:12:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm a landlord. I'd NEVER tell one of my tenants to remove an American flag. Your landlord must have his head up his ass
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 6:21:46 PM EDT
[#2]
He lives in Commiefornistan.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 6:24:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 6:28:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Simple tell him to contact your lawyer.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 6:40:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey , I've got an idea. How about you call the ACLU bunch of ASSHOLES and get them involved ? This way we could use some of the LIBERAL'S  money against them as well as tieing up ACLU resources !
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 6:46:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Tell him to KISS YOUR ASS!
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 6:52:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Lanlord- " I thought I told you to take them flags down boy"

Tenant- "Flags? Sir those are just red white and blue curtains,we are alowed to have curtains in our window,right?"

Then tell his POS ass to go kill himself!

THIS IS THE USA We can put up any damn flag we want to!
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 9:11:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll be!  I have been running this line through my head  for the last month and now I finally get to use it properly.

Remember eddie Murphy as Mr. Robinson on SNL?

"Kill my landlord"  [:D]
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 9:19:34 PM EDT
[#9]
"C-I-L-L my landlord"
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 9:53:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Lanlord- " I thought I told you to take them flags down boy"

Tenant- "Flags? Sir those are just red white and blue curtains,we are alowed to have curtains in our window,right?"

Then tell his POS ass to go kill himself

THIS IS THE USA We can put up any damn flag we want to!
View Quote

Depends on the lease that was signed. Does it have a clause forbidding flags? Does it have a clause forbidding the display of "controversial" items?

Scott

Link Posted: 7/24/2002 10:33:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
"C-I-L-L my landlord"
View Quote

LMAO

Dark and lonely on a summer night
Cill my landlord, Cill my landlord
The watchdog's barking,
do he bite?

Slip into his window, break his neck
Then his house I start to wreck
Got no reason
What the heck?

C-I-L-L my landlord

-Tyrone Green
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 10:35:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Depends on the lease that was signed. Does it have a clause forbidding flags? Does it have a clause forbidding the display of "controversial" items?

Scott

View Quote

I know what you're saying Scott, but that the fact that the US flag can be deemed a controversial item is just plain sad.  I think if he had the inclination to fight it he could win.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 10:40:29 PM EDT
[#13]
If this was me I would take down the American flag and wrap it around a baseball bat and beat some good ole American sense into said asshole.
The above post was posted for entertainment purposes only and one should not do what was posted in this reply,thank you.
(Unless of course your brother is a defense lawyer and your sister is a judge.)
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 2:17:02 PM EDT
[#14]
nothing in the lease that says anything about it. leaving town for 10 days, gonna leave it up and see what happens. i don't think they will have time to evict me before i transfer to a free state anyway.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 2:33:37 PM EDT
[#15]
I've never been evicted, but I know people who have been.  From what I've seen (Especially true in the "liberal manifesto" mentality of Ca), it will take your landlord [b]forever[/b] to kick you out.

Ride it out!
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 2:45:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I've never been evicted, but I know people who have been.  From what I've seen (Especially true in the "liberal manifesto" mentality of Ca), it will take your landlord [b]forever[/b] to kick you out.

Ride it out!
View Quote

In my hometown it only takes 21 days to get a court date on an eviction. The tenant will be out within one week after court date. Evictions may vary in different areas
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 2:55:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Do they have a key to your apartment ? Is it the 'yellow' or 'white'  Culpepper ? How many apartments in building ? Does landlord live there? Did you talk to a lawyer ? (Your landlord must not be able to read "DONT TREAD ON ME ")  Would Tommy J. take down the flags ?
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 3:12:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Scott

View Quote

I know what you're saying Scott, but that the fact that the US flag can be deemed a controversial item is just plain sad.  I think if he had the inclination to fight it he could win.
View Quote

It ain't the American flag he's shook about, it's the Culpepper......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top