Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2002 4:44:32 PM EDT
I'm back on AR15.COM after three long months of stress.  I caught my wife of 19 years cheating on me.  Man is this a rollercoaster ride.  I would never have understood what this means until I went through it myself.  Words cannot describe. I feel like I am a living country music song.  I know some of you out there have been through this and maybe more.  I had to leave my reloading outfit behind since I don't have room for it at my new house yet.  Long story on that one.  I ended up moving out and leaving the old house behind.  It's that way in SC the woman always wins.  BUT, I have my daughter with me and ALL my guns so life ain't so bad.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 4:47:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Way to keep the stiff upper lip!

19 years... I have had chicas cheat on me but, ...[b]I'm glad you seem to be coming out on top![/b]
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 4:48:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 4:51:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome back.  Stuff happens....move on as best you can.  I'm sure others here will share their stories and offer better advice.

Jim
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 4:52:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Glad your back DeerSlayer.
I know how you feel, I was lucky (If you could
call it that) I was only married for 4 years.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 4:53:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Crap.
At least you have your daughter with you. Life wil get better believe me.
Good luck with your new house.
Think hard before you take her back if she comes crawling. I believed her lies and do you believe she did it again??? Once a b*tch, always a b*tch.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 4:54:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome back. Soon the hell will be over, and you will be FREE. Buddy of mine went to splitzville recently, now dating a hot young attorney, and happier than he has been in years.(His old lady screwed his BEST FRIEND.)
And no, it wasn't me.[:D]
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 4:59:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey [b]Natty Bumpo[/b], just think of it as your own personal 'Independence Day' and go out and celebrate!

The 'next best thing' to being married to an honest woman, is to be divorced from a cheating woman.

Now go find that young girl who's half your age and win one for the home team![:D]

Eric The(WellSeasoned)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 5:01:48 PM EDT
[#8]
You got the kid.
Everything else can be/will be replaced.
Sounds like you won.
Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 5:11:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Theres too much of this woman gets the lions share CRAP!Especially if they do not work,like in a real job,not keeping house.I've seen it happen WAY too often lately,with way too many guys I know.Listen to this one,This guys a teacher/Prof. Harvard Med School,A plastic surgen at his own bld.,and at 2 other hospitals,and a all around great guy.The kids are all gone and the ""wifey"_feels_all alone.[:(]....after 27years shes after all she can get in the divorce to start anew @ 57yrs old.FUCK THEM BITCHES!This woman gets the most out of the divorce shit empowers them,Why do they ""latch"" on to a guy to begin with,for security(MONEY)and all that comes with it.FUCK THEM!.................. and I got divorced 20+years ago w/a clean break!
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 5:11:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, thanks for the positive.  I've got soooo much to be thankful. I wouldn't take her back for a million.  This is the 3rd time I caught the winch.  Strike 3 and you're freekin out!

Thanks for the words and keep the +++ coming.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 5:26:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Think of all the free time you'll have now.

You could

- shoot more
- spend more time with your daughter
- clean the guns more often
- start or intensify an exercise/ jogging/ weight lifting program
- shoot more
- do more reloading
- take up judo/ karate
- make new freinds
- shoot more
- take a minute to realize how relaxed you are now that you've left the train wreck
- did I mention shoot more (this is ar15.com after all)
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 5:44:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 5:48:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I am a happily married man but I have a take on this. I was in the gun store the other day. (hehe) And while I was buying few things I and another guy started looking at and talking about a few of the scopes on display. He tells me I ought to by that Swarovski. I reply my wife would kill me if I spent that much on a scope. ($899.00) He gets a big smile on his face [:D]and says "I don't have that problem My wife left me four years ago, GOD BLESS HER SOUL". Then he goes on to tell me about all the gunz he has been able to afford since.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 5:48:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 5:54:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Beat her to the joint checking account, get her access to joint credit shutdown immediatly, this includes lines of credit on home, get all financial records out of house, get computers with anything incriminating out of house, get all firearms stored with a trustworthy friend, go to several divorce lawyers (at least 3) and talk this over with them-get her before she gets you.

Don't let her know you are getting it elsewhere until the ink is dry on the deal. Even if she is fooling around elsewhere she will flip out if you do it.

After the deal is done find a nice younger better looking woman, living well is the best revenge.
View Quote

What he said. Go, go, go... Times awasting.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 6:01:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 6:25:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 6:34:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Welcome back, DeerSlayer

Don't sweat the small stuff. You got your daughter, your guns and are embarking on a new life!
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 6:36:08 PM EDT
[#19]
After seeing what my brother's got on his arm now after catching his first wife cheatin, I wish I could catch mine.

No, not really.

Well maybe just for one night or two then I would wake up and it would just be a wonderful dream...or night mare
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 6:38:06 PM EDT
[#20]
I am sorry to hear about your past experiance, but I am glad you and your daughter are doing OK, that is what counts.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 6:55:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Aimless has it right. A good life is the best revenge.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 7:02:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 7:14:13 PM EDT
[#23]
I went through this crap.  No kids involved so that wasn't an issue.  Unfortunately all my stuff disappeared and I had to go back home to mom.  She just kept lieing to every body about every thing.  Then all of a sudden all she's blowing some of my buddies for rent and jumped state.  It's sad it really is.  Don't know where she is and I would like to keep it that way.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 7:15:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Just stay away from my girlfriend or I'll muss ya up!
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 7:28:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Dude itll get better trust me.Ive been Divorced from the evil cheatin BITCH I was married to going on 5 years now.See me and my X met in a Bar and it never got any better than that.We were both working Minimum wage jobs and she didnt care about anything but getting off work and heading to the bars.I was allways miserable and didnt forsee it getting any better.Well one day I got home early and checked the mail.The phone bill was in there and I decided to open it.When I did I saw a number I hadnt seen before.I called it and it turned out to be her brothers best friend that had just gotten Divorced.I could hear her(my wife) in the background talkin.She was supposed to be at work but after calling and talkin to her supervisor I found out she had been taking off early all week.Well I decided then to go into stealh mode and find out what was going on.It turns out she had been taking off and meeting him.I found this out by catching her at his house several times.After I gathered all the info I needed I confronted her about it and I left.I loaded all I could get in my TrailDuster and headid for a friends house.She got everything but my guns and my truck.It was rough but it got better.There are several things that I would suggest.Close the checking and get to a Lawyer to get the Divorce started.If you have your Daughter now and you file the papers most likely she will stay with you untill the Divorce is final.If you get the checking account closed soon enough you can do what I did and let her keep writing checks on the closed account.Since her mailing adress had changed from the one on the check she didnt get the letter(I did) from the PA and a warrant was issued for her arrest.She didnt find this out untill she was arrested after getting pulled over for speeding.Now the upside.I was able to get out and  have some fun.I bought some things I had wanted and had a absolute blast for awhile.Then one day about 3 years ago I met my new wife and things got even better.See she has direction.The thing my life was missing.We have a better life than I thought I could ever have.We have a 10 month old son,own our house and have 2 new cars.She gave me the support I needed to get a good DOD job and she will start Teaching soon.She doesnt mind my shooting,fishing and hunting and even lets me get new toys more often than I should be allowed.She is by far the best thing that has ever happened to me.Just remember things will get better given a chance.You never know this may turn out to be the best thing that ever happened to you.It was for me anyway.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 7:32:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Great to see you back!

On the upside, now there is nobody to say you can't come to the Great Southern Freedom Shoot!
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 7:35:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 7:57:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Good for you for getting your daughter!

Welcome back!
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 7:58:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Yer not alone...we have all been there, done that.

You are better off without her & her ways...

Good luck on your new & better life.

Link Posted: 7/24/2002 8:03:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I have my daughter with me and ALL my guns
View Quote

At least you escaped with the 2 most valuable things (other then the house of course).
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 10:09:31 PM EDT
[#31]
I didn't read all the replies, but I hear ya brother!

It sux to be cheated on, lied to and all that other BS that goes along with it.  You invest time and money into a relationship to have it thrown away.. it just rips your heart out and you have all kinds of violent thoughts.  (I like being a "virgin", I love my guns/freedom and I ain't gonna let a stinkin' biatch mess it up.)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top