Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2002 7:57:23 AM EDT
I for one, currently have a dump truck in my back yard that is literally about to TIP OVER...

The driver (a woman) backed up on a bank of fresh dirt that just got dumped their. How her truck is at a BAD angle, and her front tire is dug in past the first couple hub caps...

I will report more (maybe w/ pics) as this progresses...
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 8:05:10 AM EDT
[#1]
well, i am not doing anything today.  i might go to the airport and fly, or maybe a movie.....but now i am chatting on IM
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 8:06:50 AM EDT
[#2]
My plan is to study for my exam and maybe send my resumes out to a few companies.  Of course none of that is gonna get done.

Keving67
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 8:11:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Our servers are slow, and two are having serious issues due to problems with DS.  I hate this.  I'm hungry too...I need Indian food.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 8:12:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm staring at the wall of my office at work, day dreaming about stored procedures I have to write.  Damn I'm boring...
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 8:13:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Our servers are slow, and two are having serious issues due to problems with DS.  I  this.  I'm hungry too...I need Indian food.
View Quote

NO NO NO not indian!  you gonna smelll like curry...aka B.O.!
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 8:21:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Our servers are slow, and two are having serious issues due to problems with DS.  I  this.  I'm hungry too...I need Indian food.
View Quote

View Quote

You know, that never happens to me unless I eat a lot of garlic.  Then again, some other people around me might disagree! [:D]

Seriously though, I think that's really a myth.  I'm sure if you eat it constantly, and don't bathe, this would be a problem.  Now, off I go...
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 8:23:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 8:27:07 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm gonna put some criminal skank in jail before my shift ends.  Hehehehe, makes me proud.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 8:27:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

You know, that never happens to me unless I eat a lot of garlic.  Then again, some other people around me might disagree! [:D]

Seriously though, I think that's really a myth.  I'm sure if you eat it constantly, and don't bathe, this would be a problem.  Now, off I go...
View Quote

dang i sat next to a istic looking guy on a flight and he eats lots of curry, and he smelt BAD!
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 8:28:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 8:29:32 AM EDT
[#11]
He probably doesn't bathe very often or wash his clothing very often.  I'd be pretty ripe smelling too.

EDIT:  What's an "istic looking guy"?
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 8:33:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Sat down for the first time since 7 am...my co workers are standing around exercizing their jaws instead of helping, but I finally have all the multiprinters running, so I can sit.

And wait for one to run out of paper.

I need a new job.

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 8:39:17 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm considering a Real Estate investment in Vermont.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=134597
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 8:40:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Our servers are slow, and two are having serious issues due to problems with DS.  I hate this.  I'm hungry too...I need Indian food.
View Quote
At least you can get indian, I've got the choice of Italian, Italian, Arby's, Italian, Irish, or Pitas.
View Quote

WTF is Irish? Booze & cabbage?
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 8:43:36 AM EDT
[#15]
You really want to know?

Fine!!

My Doctor stopped alll pain med just to see how high my pain level actually gets!!  I have this nasty rash on my back as a result sopain patches I used to us.  The Doc wants to scedule a shitload more test onmy back including CT scans, MRI's and another Disk-o-Gram.

The Disk-o-Gram is where they take 8" long needles and inject dye directly into the Disks and then take a MRI of the area.  If the disk are still leaking (which mine are), the dye leaks right onto the spinal cord.  Last time it hurt so bad I wanted to shoot myself. Also, the Doc still won't release mefor work due to all of this....it's been 2 years 7 months.

I also went to a shrink doc last Saterday and he thinks I am suffering from depression as a result of my injury.  No crap Doc....tell me something I don't know!!  But then again, who wouldn't get depressed when their life gets turned upside down?  He however wants to put me on anti-depressants!  I say no, I just want to be more active.  But if I become more active the pain gets unbearable...and rememeber that the other Doctor doesn't want to give me any more pain meds!!

On top of all this I have bills way past due.  Between the stress, the pain, and my back my dick no longer salutes.  My wife has that constant "I'm concerned" look on her fase that drives we crazy. And people look at me funny when I walk. And I am out of ammo (almost).

On the plus side I now have a dual monitor setup on my main computer.....so I can now read twopost at one time.  I feelwith all the time onmy hands, a kickass computer setupand my general bad attitude I should be promoted to an AR15.com GD Moderator!!

I mean hell why not??  I obviously can handle pain and punishment right??

Sgtar15

PS Have a nice freaking day!!

Now, on top of this I have bills that are pilling up and several that are past due.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 8:47:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Sneaking off at 3:30 to play golf!!
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 8:56:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 9:04:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Sitting in the home office making/taking phone calls while looking across the upstairs porch at the trees swaying in the summer breeze.

Kids are swimming at a neighbor's pool so it's quiet for a change.

Gonna drive into Dallas this afternoon and retrieve Miz Arock's shotgun from the 'smith.

All in all not a bad day.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 9:07:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

On the bright side, I can sit here and play on AR15.com for a while without worrying about my boss coming in.
View Quote

dont you just love the little poopers?
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 9:18:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
My Doctor stopped alll pain med just to see how high my pain level actually gets!!  I have this nasty rash on my back as a result sopain patches I used to us.  The Doc wants to scedule a shitload more test onmy back including CT scans, MRI's and another Disk-o-Gram.

The Disk-o-Gram is where they take 8" long needles and inject dye directly into the Disks and then take a MRI of the area.  If the disk are still leaking (which mine are), the dye leaks right onto the spinal cord.  Last time it hurt so bad I wanted to shoot myself. Also, the Doc still won't release mefor work due to all of this....it's been 2 years 7 months.

I also went to a shrink doc last Saterday and he thinks I am suffering from depression as a result of my injury.  No crap Doc....tell me something I don't know!!  But then again, who wouldn't get depressed when their life gets turned upside down?  He however wants to put me on anti-depressants!  I say no, I just want to be more active.  But if I become more active the pain gets unbearable...and rememeber that the other Doctor doesn't want to give me any more pain meds!!

On top of all this I have bills way past due.  Between the stress, the pain, and my back my dick no longer salutes.  My wife has that constant "I'm concerned" look on her fase that drives we crazy. And people look at me funny when I walk. And I am out of ammo (almost).

On the plus side I now have a dual monitor setup on my main computer.....so I can now read twopost at one time.  I feelwith all the time onmy hands, a kickass computer setupand my general bad attitude I should be promoted to an AR15.com GD Moderator!!

Sgtar15

Now, on top of this I have bills that are pilling up and several that are past due.
View Quote

What a whiner.
j/k. Seriously, I hope this shit works out for you and you get better.

ComputerGuy, This sounds cool! I need pics!
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 9:29:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
You really want to know?

Fine!!

Sgtar15

View Quote

Damn!!!

And here I was all set to gripe and moan about having food poisoning for the last couple of days.  

Hope things start to look up for you soon, Sgtar15.

Link Posted: 7/24/2002 10:13:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Sgtar15 - 1) Take the antidepressants!
 2) Get a lamenectomy - my brother and a friend both had laminectomy and both lives turned around after years of suffering. Damaged discs are replaced by bone grafted from hip and vertebrae are fused.  This is one of the most successful ortho surgeres (as opposed to arthroscopic knee ops which according to latest I've read respond better to placebo operations than to real surgery!)

(BONUS to Prozac users - climax and ejaculation are significantly delayed in most cases along with increased sex drive due to reduction in depressive symptoms.  I knew all you fiends would want to know.)
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 11:16:17 AM EDT
[#23]
My agenda for today:

Buy some oil and a filter for my g/f's BMW

Print out and send in the application to open an account with Datek (I hear there's easy money to be made!  woohoo!  I'm gonna get rich quick with the $500 I have from selling one of my paintguns)

Fill out and submit job applications for two research jobs at the University of Washington

Call my damn school and see why the hell I haven't received my stupid diploma yet.  Five bucks says that they "didn't know where to send it because I don't have a current address on file" even though the bills have been going to the same address for four years (I've had this trouble before with report cards).

Run/do some exercises.  Trying to get my flabby (I'm not fat, just terribly out of shape) ass in shape.

Start going through this Office 2000 book I bought so I can relearn everything I've forgotten about Word Excel, etc. after not using them for over a year, so if I get a job I can honestly say that I'm proficient with them.

Link Posted: 7/24/2002 11:20:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 11:28:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Sgtar15 - 1) Take the antidepressants!
 2) Get a lamenectomy - my brother and a friend both had laminectomy and both lives turned around after years of suffering. Damaged discs are replaced by bone grafted from hip and vertebrae are fused.  This is one of the most successful ortho surgeres (as opposed to arthroscopic knee ops which according to latest I've read respond better to placebo operations than to real surgery!)

(BONUS to Prozac users - climax and ejaculation are significantly delayed in most cases along with increased sex drive due to reduction in depressive symptoms.  I knew all you fiends would want to know.)
View Quote

Not necessarily the best advice. Not all back injuries are created equal. A lami may work quite well with significant herniated nucleus pulposus with intrusion into the canal or thecal sac, but there could be a lot of other things going on. “It worked for me” is only applicable when the details match exactly. Since we don’t know all the details, lets not run off giving premature advice.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 11:29:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Accepted a job for short money, but with great benefits. Mowed the lawn, that’s about it might head to the range or take a bike ride later.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 11:35:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I for one, currently have a dump truck in my back yard that is literally about to TIP OVER...
View Quote

Did the dump truck ever tip over?

Hope not...
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 11:48:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Did the dump truck ever tip over?

Hope not...
View Quote

Nope, thanks to me! She started to get all worried that the truck was gonna tip over so I went back out their and took control of the situation.

I told her to back straight up and curve slightly to the left. After awhile, she finally gave it enough gas (after much encouragement) to get it out.

After she dumped the load of dirt, she realized that she had a big roll of felt that she had forgotten to take out. Right now, that felt is in a big pile of dirt. Whoever wants it can have it.. (just gotta dig it out!!)

A male driver came back with the next load...
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 11:53:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:Since we don’t know all the details, lets not run off giving premature advice.
View Quote

All advice from a forum is premature and taken at your own risk.

I don't think anyone is going to go out and have their back fused without a second opinion (not on another forum either...)
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 11:59:26 AM EDT
[#30]

Really didn't want to hear that a dump truck or the crane they sent to right the dump truck fell over on your house. Glad you were there to take charge.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 4:29:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 4:40:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do you know what "climax and ejaculation are significantly delayed in most cases" means?  Difficulty having an orgasm.  Yes, you will feel better with the depression alleviated.... bu, TRUST ME, in a lot of cases you will have difficulty having an orgasm or any kind of sex drive.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 5:10:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Miss_Magnum,

Your scaring all the normal people here!
heheheh
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 5:21:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Well, my day was productive, but somewhat exhausting.

Woke at 6.....waiting for the crating crew from the moving company to come start on the crate for the 400 pound diamond dust mirror.
They sauntered in late, at 9, and packed about 10 antique beveled glass mirrors, and built the crate for the *big* one, but got called away, and will crate the *big* one on Tuesday, the day we load out.

Took Mauser's, (the epileptic Rottie), phenobarb pills back to the K Mart pharmacy to double check that they were correct, as they have knocked him on his ass since we refilled his script a day and a half ago.
They say the pills are fine, but if we suspect anything, call them back, and they will request a quality check from the manufacturer.
Hopefully they ARE ok, as we filled all his refills, and have 352 of em. He has a good tolerance to them, as he has been on them almost a year, but his daily meds since the refill are making him stagger, and trip when walking up the stairs. This is new.

Took the other 3 dogs to the vet, one at a time, to draw blood to check for heartworms, and get them on anti-heartworm, flea and tick meds before we leave for E Texas in 7 days.
Had the last unfixed dog spayed yesterday, while we were still near her personal vet.
$608 later......the dogs are tuned up and ready to go.

Bought a 6 pack of Lone Star, and am finally getting a chance to unwind and rest a bit.

Bah.....felt like I was spinning my wheels all day, but actualy got a lot done.

This circus hits the road August 1st.
Good thoughts, prayers, or a small animal sacrifice in our names would be appreciated.
[:D]

Link Posted: 7/24/2002 5:41:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
This circus hits the road August 1st.[:D]
View Quote

Good luck, Hannah!!  

If I get this job ::crossing fingers:: I will be following suit with a travelling caravan of four horses, two goats, three dogs and five cats halfway across the country.  ::thinking I should have my head examined..... AGAIN.... LOL::
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 5:52:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Thanks Darlin!
4 Rotties, 2 VWs, and a Ryder truck will try to beat an 18 wheeler with a head start to E TX.
We figure a 26 hour run, no stops to sleep; too hot, and no motel in their right minds will take 4 Rotties.
We leave a week from Thursday.
Good luck on your move as well, sounds like you also have "Ringling Bros. Syndrome". [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top