Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2002 6:04:34 AM EDT
[url]http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=519&u=/ap/20020724/ap_on_re_us/brf_chocolate_death_1&printer=1[/url]
[b]Pa. Man Dies in Vat of Chocolate[/b]
[i]Wed Jul 24, 5:54 AM ET[/i]

HATFIELD, Pa. (AP) - A candy factory worker died after being submerged in a 1,200-gallon vat of liquefied chocolate, police said.

Yoni Cordon, 19, of Philadelphia, was discovered in the vat by co-workers at the Kargher Corporation on Tuesday, authorities said.

Police said they believe Cordon had been working on a platform near the opening of the vat, which is used for mixing and melting chocolate.

Nobody saw Cordon fall and it was unknown how long he was submerged before he was found, Hatfield Township police detective Patrick M. Hanrahan said.

Hanrahan said foul play was not suspected and the death was being investigated as an accident.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 6:18:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Several people jumped in to save Cordon, but he successfully fought them off.  The medical examiner after the autopsy reported that while Cordon died of suffocation, he was also suffering from a rare, fatal medical conditions, "Creamy nougat centeritis."  

Cordon's funeral will be friday.  He will be interred in a special casket with a clear cellophane window, and stuffed with fake grass.

No disrepect for the dead, but I couldn't help myself.  Reminded me of an old Polish joke.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top