Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2002 11:55:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 1:22:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Doctor,

I would use a combination of option 2 and 3.  

Few things speak louder than the power of the dollar.  The best thing you can do is to go to another range from now on. If you like them and their service, make sure you tell them, and often.  

Don't even bother calling the "uppity range". Verbal complaints can get heated, and tend to be the end of the matter, whether you are satisfied or not.

A letter gives you the opportunity to put a well formulated complaint in front of them that either says "goodbye", or "fix this and I'll spend money at your place again".  It's a much more powerful tool since it is on paper.

If these people are smart, they will try and make restitution and avoid the well deserved bad press you will give them when interacting with other archers.  

I'd also let the kids know what you are doing, and even get their input on the complaint letter.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 1:43:50 AM EDT
[#2]
ARFCOM, huh? That sounds kinda funny.

You should also lodge a complaint with your local Chamber of Commerce, and the Better Business Bureau as well.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 2:02:27 AM EDT
[#3]
2,and 3 get my vote. The Half Off your next visit is an insult.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 2:10:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I would suggest calling, explaining that you and your family have been good regular customers for the last year, and that you are severely pissed that the range (1) wasted your kids' time, (2) wasted your kids' range fee for the day, and (3) treated a group of four customers like shit.

Explain that the range has a choice:  two free passes (or whatever makes you happy) for each kid, or lose your business permanently.  You might try adding up all the money you spent there, and mention that guesstimate.

(This assumes that there IS another range nearby that the kids can use.  When I was into archery back in high school, I had a choice of two, and both were about an hour's drive away.  I can only assume the choice in my ex-locale has gotten worse since then, probably down to zero.)
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 2:37:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I guess I'd be pissed too, but I'm still kinda intrigued by the need to go to a range just to shoot a bow....A rifle I can understand, but a bow?

I guess growing up in the country has left me a little jaded.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 3:28:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm w/ Gus, as a country boy too I never paid to shoot my bow, (except for tournaments). In fact the place I purchased my bows (2 different places) allowed me to to shoot on their indoor/outdoor ranges for free and once even let me try out their High-tech digital sceened type hunting video device (sorry don't remember the name of it) where ya shoot life sized game w/ blunted arrows.

Guess the farm does have it's advantages after all, shoot I even practiced in my back yard here in Houston.

Mike

PS - I'd report the jerks to the BBB and they'd get nary another dime from me.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 3:57:13 AM EDT
[#7]
I think that I'd take my business elsewhere after a curt and concise discussion with the owner.

Link Posted: 7/24/2002 4:13:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Money talks.  Take your business elsewhere.  As an added reminder, every time you spend money on anything related to bows, send the idiot a copy of the store receipt with a short note reminding him that you would have spent this in [i]his[/i] shop.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 6:33:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 7:18:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 7:22:40 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd say #3

However, If you choose this option, tell them what you expect from them i.e. full refund etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top