Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2002 6:10:55 PM EDT
The game starts fine.  But about 10 seconds into the game, as the guy is telling you what you are about to do, the game freezes.  The guy continues to talk until he's over, but I can't do anything, and I can't ctrl-alt-delete it either.  I have to turn off the computer.  I've tried it 5-10 times, and the same thing happens each time.

Any suggestions on how to get it to work?
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 6:31:45 PM EDT
[#1]
ok..i have a few questions for you:

1) Operation System?
2) Video Card?
3) Memory amount?
4) Any Error Messages?
5) Of what you can see of the game, is it choppy?
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 1:20:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Windows ME
64mb GeForce 2 (or is it GeForce 3. . .I can't remember.  I know it's 64mb though)
256 mb RDRAM
No error messages.
It is somewhat choppy, but I've played games choppier than that before.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 1:27:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 1:42:47 PM EDT
[#4]
you guys are lucky.  i cant play it at all.  i have a voodoo 4 video card and it is not supported. [:(!]
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 1:44:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Your system looks more than good enough.

How fast is your processor?

Your system lock up sounds a bit like a hardware conflict. AGP video card right? Sometimes with AGP cards, it is best to keep the PCI slot directly underneath it open. Sometimes IRQ resources will be shared between these two slots, even though they are technically not supposed to.

America's Army works great on my system. p3-800, Win 2000 Pro, Geforce2 64 meg, 786megs of sdram, 40 gig IDE hard drive, with about 2 gigs of virtual memory "hard drive space" reserved.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 2:12:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Your specs are perfect.  I will give you a couple suggestions: (follow these in order and try playing game after every step)

1) Uninstall and Reinstall the game.
2) Make sure you aren't running any programs in the background.  (close your antivirus software)
3) Go to windows update (probably in your start menu somewhere) and download the latest service updates for windows ME.
4) Update to latest video driver. [url]www.nvidia.com[/url]
I all else fails try this:
1) Go to settings in the game and adjust all your video settings to the lowest possible setting...just to test it out.
If that doesnt work than it it most likely not a video card problem.

My honest and strongest suggestion to you is this:
GET WINDOWS 2K PROFESSIONAL!!!!

Windows Millenium is the poorest designed operating system to date.  It is full of bugs.  Windows 98 SE would even be a better option.

I have worked on and built computers for many years and 90% of problems that I have encountered have been on the Windows ME operating system.  Food for thought.

P.s. Remember that I said Windows 2K Pro, [b]NOT[/b] Windows XP!!
P.p.s. If you want to play an excellent game, you should check out Counter-strike.  If you have Half-life it is a free download at [url]www.counter-strike.net[/url].  It is a fun game and by the way, MORE WEAPONS...WOOHOO!!

Good Luck,
falkaveli
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 2:21:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't feel bad, there are lots of us that can't get the damn thing to work even when all the requirements are met. Oh well, not going to lose any sleep over it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 3:04:44 PM EDT
[#8]
well according to there site and when i e-mailed  them about it its still essentaly in its beta stages of the game only reason its downloadable is to find out how to tweak it more. uu also have to remember its running on the   UTII engine witch isnt out on anything else yet!
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 12:21:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, the game is really cool and all but I can't for the life of me get the gamespy MOUT training to work.  Actually I just gave up and went back to playing Rogue spear

Keving67
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top